2017 4* LB Tadarian "TD" Moultry signs with AU (Updated)

WarDamnEagleWDE

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Hope Travis can dance ? 

Bama has cranked up their recuitment of TD in last few weeks. I'm still told he has a great relationship with Steele/T-Will and that he is still recruiting for us. His fam is not trying to make him change his mind, they see better playing time for TD at AU and really good coaching.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

You can do better than dance. He can rap baby!

Hope the coaches do a rap off at TD's grandmother's birthday then. Because we would win. Haha

• Like 2

5 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Bama has cranked up their recuitment of TD in last few weeks. I'm still told he has a great relationship with Steele/T-Will and that he is still recruiting for us. His fam is not trying to make him change his mind, they see better playing time for TD at AU and really good coaching.

Great news. We are winning the recruits on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe our O will catch up.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2016 at 9:05 AM, au_bsci_04 said:

Those close to TD indicate Bama's preferred LB from JUCO isn't going to have the grades. They are full court pressing. AU pushing to make this weekends visit an OV to hopefully seal things up.

Hopefully TD sees how valued he was to AU and that there is early PT. Going to be a bumpy ride. He does love the coaches and his fellow LB recruiting commits, so we'll see.

Edited by au_bsci_04

22 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Those close to TD indicate Bama's preferred LB from JUCO isn't going to have the grades. They are full court pressing. AU pushing to make this weekends visit an OV to hopefully seal things up.

Hopefully TD sees how valued he was to AU and that there is early PT. Going to be a bumpy ride. He does love the coaches and his fellow LB recruiting commits, so we'll see.

Yeah hopefully that wraps it up. when they want a LB they usually get them. We are finally laying the ground work for good defense. on and off the field

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2016 at 11:25 PM, ellitor said:

TD is dominating this all-star game so far.

He just got a sack causing a 4th and 15ish and follows it with a big time hurry on the next play

On 12/11/2016 at 0:19 PM, milehighfan said:

My brother has seen him play and he told me Moultey is the real deal.

Moultry was spectacular in the Alabama/Mississippi allstar game. He made several huge plays on defense and one particular special teams play where he saved a touchback. 

• Like 1

Are we in good shape with him? Not sure if he is an early enrollee.

Not an EE. Still in a strong position but I won't feel comfortable until he signs. Bama will continue to pressure. 

Spoke to his uncle today. The whole fam is gearing up to go to SA to watch him in Army game.

• Like 2

Great read on TD...

Auburn commit, Alabama all-star linebacker T.D. Moultry: 'I'm not a normal recruit'

Expect Auburn commit T.D. Moultry to play with an extra edge in Saturday's Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game, just like he will for future Iron Bowls.

Moultry, a linebacker who grew up an Alabama fan, committed to Auburn in May. Alabama didn't recruit him as hard, he said, at the time. The Jackson-Olin standout was a late add for this week's game, which will be played on Saturday at noon at Montgomery's Cramton Bowl.

He likely would have been an original selection, but was choosing to focus on the Jan. 7 U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio. He was asked again if he wanted to play after Markail Benton had to drop out due to a knee injury.

"(Because of) my family, my community, my city and most definitely my state," the 6-foot-3, 224-pound Moultry said. "I just like to compete so I wanted to come out here and compete with these young men before we  go off to college. Being out here is like family to me because football is family."

He's part of an Alabama team that includes four Auburn commitments. McAdory cornerback Malcolm Askew, Oxford linebacker K.J. Britt, Muscle Shoals safety Jordyn Peters and Hewitt-Trussville receiver Noah Igbinoghene are the others.

"So far, they're all playing good and looking good," Moultry said after Wednesday's practice. "That's good to showcase for Auburn to let Auburn know how we're doing."

Moultry was locked in with Auburn, but wanted to take official visits to other schools to enjoy the process. But that likely won't work out, and it's probably because schools feel like there is no way they can get him to flip his pledge.

They're right.

Alabama showed more interest late in the season, but it didn't matter. Moultry did secure tickets to the Iron Bowl, but he went as an Auburn fan, not as a recruit.

"They had (come on late), but I told every college coach and my coach told them - he told them that I'm not a normal recruit," Moultry said. "I told every coach who recruited me that I was committed to Auburn and didn't want to be recruited any more.

Jackson-Olin's T.D. Moultry has already survived a gunshot wound, and he plans to continue his football career at Auburn.

"I didn't tell 'Bama because they didn't recruit me as hard. I don't know why they started now. I told Georgia that I wasn't coming there because y'all didn't tell me about education. I let every coach know that I'm a young man and I'm not a recruit. If you recruit me, I'm like family. I'm a family-type guy.

"That's how I got to Auburn. That's how they recruited me when they started and that's how they still recruit me."

Moultry said he didn't waver after growing up an Alabama fan.

"It wasn't hard," Moultry said. "When you grow up, you realize that the stuff you like, it doesn't matter any more. You go where your heart tells you."

When asked if he'll play with an extra edge in the Iron Bowl, Moultry said, "I will have to. It's a rivalry game, so I will have to. Just like Alabama-Mississippi, it's a rivalry game. You give that 110 percent, but you have to give that 115-120 here."

Auburn landed its fourth commitment for the 2017 class when Jackson-Olin four-star linebacker T.D. Moultry pledged to the Tigers.

Moultry will likely play inside linebacker for Auburn, but could also move outside and be a pass rusher or play with his hand on the ground. His frame will allow more weight. Moultry skyrocketed up recruiting rankings and is No. 3 on the AL.com A-List after a big senior season.

He's a four-star recruit, ranked No. 156 nationally, but could move up even more as all four services - 247Sports, Rivals, Scout and ESPN - adjust postseason rankings. 247Sports has Moultry ranked No.49 overall and No. 1 in the state individually.

Moultry helped lead Jackson-Olin to its first playoff berth in 17 years. He had 133 total tackles, five sacks, 10 tackles for loss and two fumbles forced.

"My coach (at Auburn) told me inside, but for my speed and my hands, he'll probably put me down (on the edge)," Moultry said. "He told me that, after three or four years when I get into college, if God blesses me to go to the league, he wants scouts to look at me because I'm versatile. He wants me to play inside or outside. If he wants me to put my hand on the ground, I will."

• Like 6

Really looking forward to seeing TD on the field. He seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder and uses this against his opponents.

On 12/23/2016 at 6:38 PM, au_bsci_04 said:

Not an EE. Still in a strong position but I won't feel comfortable until he signs. Bama will continue to pressure. 

Spoke to his uncle today. The whole fam is gearing up to go to SA to watch him in Army game.

You have zero, none, no, zip worries about TD and AU. He is AU all the way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You have zero, none, no, zip worries about TD and AU. He is AU all the way. 

That is great news, b/c in the AL/Miss All Star game, TD was absolutely outstanding. I love the way he plays LB. He has the potential to be a very, very good LB for us.

• 3 weeks later...

After getting into the backfield and nearly recording a sack at the recent U.S. Army All-American Bowl in Texas, Auburn linebacker commit Tadarian Moultry of Birmingham (Ala.) Jackson-Olin returned to the sideline.

There, he was greeted by a middle-aged man in a gold jacket who immediately coached him up.

The person's voice was forceful. He moved his arms to explain how he wanted something done.

That man was Auburn legend and Pro Football Hall of Famer Kevin Green, who served as an honorary coach in the game.

“I just listened,” Moultry said. “I just had to slow myself down. Sometimes I play too fast. He told me, ‘You’re going to be a pass rusher when you get in college.'

Moultry and his coach at Jackson-Olin, Tim Vakakes, met Greene two days earlier at an Army Bowl meet-and-greet function.

“I went up to TD and explained to him who (Greene) was,” Vakakes said. “There were talking about pass rush moves. I was kind of telling him how TD hadn’t rushed the passer much. He started talking about his moves. He told TD, ‘Limit your moves.’ He said he had two moves. The first move, he said, was 'Whip his a—. Go straight through him. My second move was off of that.’ He kept saying you have to limit how many moves you have. TD was just listening. … It was incredible.”

Moultry, who isn’t the type to be star struck, enjoyed the experience of meeting Greene and later getting coached up by him.

“It was nice seeing him,” Moultry said. “I really didn’t know who he was at first. But it was nice learning from somebody who knows these types of things. I don't turn it down."

As you might expect, Greene also mentioned his affection for Auburn, where he was a star in the mid-1980s, when talking with Moultry. He told Moultry about Auburn’s family vibe and threw in a War Eagle or two during their conversations.

“He loved it (at Auburn),” Moultry said.

Moultry, who is big on watching film of elite players such as Vonn Miller, now plans to add a new name to his Youtube playlist.

“He said he was going to watch Kevin Greene stuff now,” Vakakes said.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-legend-and-Hall-of-Famer-Kevin-Greene-coached-Tigers-comm-50606232

15894468_1309029572495047_49393758568105

Edited by aufan57
  • Like 5

'Whip his a—. Go straight through him. I love it WDE Mr. Green coach TD up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Nothing like taking lessons from an Auburn - All Pro - Hall of Famer - with a few "War Eagles" thrown in. That's awesome !!!!

• Like 2

Just now, AlaskanFAN said:

Nothing like taking lessons from an Auburn - All Pro - Hall of Famer - with a few "War Eagles" thrown in. That's awesome !!!!

The question is, how can we leverage this without bama getting the NCAA to create a rule against it?

I read this morning that TD has a chance to be bumped up to 5-Star status in updated rankings, but it could have just been click bait by an Auburn beat reporter...you guys would know better than me.

55 minutes ago, TigerWar said:

I read this morning that TD has a chance to be bumped up to 5-Star status in updated rankings, but it could have just been click bait by an Auburn beat reporter...you guys would know better than me.

247 is the only site that's possible IMO. Rivals is done. He has too far to go on ESPN, Scout, & the composite to be a 5*.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:
1 hour ago, TigerWar said:

247 is the only site that's possible IMO. Rivals is done. He has too far to go on ESPN, Scout, & the composite to be a 5*.

247 did just bump him to a 5*... http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Two-Auburn-high-school-commits-are-5-stars-in-final-247Sports-ra-50608906?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=170117_111040_Auburn Tigers&utm_content=Link

• Like 1