Auburn FB games with horrible officiating

doc4aday

Y'all have hit on some of the most egregious games. A few more that stick out in my mind are;

(1) the 1982 Florida game that AU lost 19-17. I think FL scored late and went for the onside kick. I remember Jim Fyffe screaming that an Auburn player came out of the pile with the ball and was trying to give it to the officials. The zebras huddled and then awarded the ball to FL. FL kicked the game winning FG.

(2) the 2002 Georgia game that AU lost 24-21. GA had a fourth and goal from the 20 something yard line. Pass into the corner of the endzone was caught after the GA receiver blatantly pushed off (arms extended) the DB, right in front the ref. Terrible

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did the ref 1 foot away miss it if everyone could see on that crappy VHS copy lolol

Don't knock the crappy VHS copy...it was my dad's crappy VCR with a pirated PPV signal.

BOTH refs looking at the play missed it. The one standing at the goal line waited until the WR dropped it, THEN raised his hands.

Auburn%20vs%20Vanderbilt%202001%20Phantom%20TD%2002%2002_zpslbdffdyq.gif

Wasn't meaning to hammer the video or the source honestly just was making a point that this call shouldn't have been botched.

Sorry to prove you wrong, but Dan Stricker was money all the time. The ball touched him while he almost had a foot down...easy TD call.

Y'all have hit on some of the most egregious games. A few more that stick out in my mind are;

(1) the 1982 Florida game that AU lost 19-17. I think FL scored late and went for the onside kick. I remember Jim Fyffe screaming that an Auburn player came out of the pile with the ball and was trying to give it to the officials. The zebras huddled and then awarded the ball to FL. FL kicked the game winning FG.

(2) the 2002 Georgia game that AU lost 24-21. GA had a fourth and goal from the 20 something yard line. Pass into the corner of the endzone was caught after the GA receiver blatantly pushed off (arms extended) the DB, right in front the ref. Terrible

I was at that UGA game and it looked liked he pushed off from the student section but after going back and watching the replay it really wasn't that bad.

Archived