Men vs. Tennessee - Game Thread

WarTiger

It would have been a small miracle to have won this game tonight. The Auburn team that beat Tennessee earlier this season isn't on the court. Just parts of it.

Gotta keep fighting and maybe finish with a win somewhere. Somehow.

War Damn Eagle anyway.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe this is the same team that beat Kentucky and Alabama. Oh well. WDE

It's not.

I'm actually shocked a Pearl coached team can be this awful. They aren't even competitive with a bad UT team. They haven't quit though, so if someone can throw one in the ocean from the beach with any regularity, they might win one more this year. This is a joke right now. there are HS teams that AU couldn't beat right now.

Pitiful.

From the highs of UK and UA wins to this.

I'm feeling really sorry for those boys.

Haven't seen any quit in them and proud of them for that

What is with the bad shooting ? Can not understand the blown layups...

I believe fatigue is starting to set in. With each game another person goes down and minutes go up for the ones that can play. They are also pressing which never ends well.

People need to understand that Coach Pearl was handed a program that was so in the hole, it was a monumental task just to get them to be .500. This year is actually his first year to me. (Last year was just plugging athletes in.) After a good recruiting class, he was shackled with unforeseen injuries and Purifoy not being eligible. Trust me in this. Next year should be very different with the class he has coming in. We just need Canty to understand team concepts and get Purifoy eligible. Much better days are on the horizon. This could have been a somewhat decent season, but the injuries really ham-stringed coach Pearl. Have faith. Better days are ahead!

We may not win another game this year, but understand that Coach Pearl will have us where we want top be!!

War Damn Eagle!!

I didn't watch and I see I didn't miss anything. I just hope Pearl decides to throw in the towel after the season.

Why in the world would you want Pearl to leave? That is the most ridiculous thing to even think much less actually say. He's already done more for this program than the 2 most recent coaches combined. What Pearl inherited cannot be fixed over night. We all know this season would be going much better if we had all the players available and they would all behave themselves on and off the floor. To cast blame solely on Pearl is ludicrous.

Hard to believe this is the same team that beat Kentucky and Alabama. Oh well. WDE

Somebody hasn't been paying attention to Auburn basketball.

I believe fatigue is starting to set in. With each game another person goes down and minutes go up for the ones that can play. They are also pressing which never ends well.

Maybe mental fatigue....but most starters in the SEC are playing as many minutes as our guys so there is no reason for physical fatigue IMO. And just seems that once a game starts, all the outside stuff would be be out of their minds and their focus would be on playing the game and having fun.

Not many of these guys seem to be having any fun and missing open lay-ups is just killing the team. Last night the offense was working....guys had open shots all over the place and clanked shot after shot from any distance you can mention and wild shots just tossed toward the basket. I'm amazed at how the team has regressed....this season.

I didn't watch and I see I didn't miss anything. I just hope Pearl decides to throw in the towel after the season.

Why in the world would you want Pearl to leave? That is the most ridiculous thing to even think much less actually say. He's already done more for this program than the 2 most recent coaches combined. What Pearl inherited cannot be fixed over night. We all know this season would be going much better if we had all the players available and they would all behave themselves on and off the floor. To cast blame solely on Pearl is ludicrous.

I'm assuming he meant to say I hope he DOESNT decide to throw in the towel. Sure, I'm as down as anyone on the product this year, but anyone with a brain knows that the recruiting Pearl is doing will eventually get us to a better team than we've ever been. Just sucks having to wait....again...

I'm assuming he meant to say I hope he DOESNT decide to throw in the towel. Sure, I'm as down as anyone on the product this year, but anyone with a brain knows that the recruiting Pearl is doing will eventually get us to a better team than we've ever been. Just sucks having to wait....again...

Anyone with a brain also should understand that the recruiting is always in the future....and the recruits he brought in the first year looked great and the guys left by TB were pretty much moved out...to make way for BP's recruits. And now two of the most high profile recruits are sitting out the season and two others are having trouble buying in to his program.

JMO but it is not unreasonable to wonder what is going on with the guys he recruited last year and the previous year when his assistants seemed to sign some good players before BP was able to get on the road and make contacts.

I'm not in the camp saying it's time to go....and I don't know anyone who feels that way.....but I'm sure disappointed in the development of the guys HE brought in to play at AU.

Archived