Baseball Vs. Sacramento State Game 3

Tigers lose another heart-breaker 7-6. 1 out Runners on first and second and Deese hits into game ending double play. Tough weekend for Auburn but team showed lots of promise. Have to find some resiliency though

One of these years Auburn will have a reliable, shutdown bullpen. For seemingly the 100th season in a row, this will not be one of those years.

Promise mixed with another in a decade of similar finishes. Going 1-2 v/s Sacremento State is not a good way to start a season.

Need to shore up the bullpen.

dang...never saw this coming...don't know anything about Sac State but no question that AU should have been able to handle them on our home field.

Bull pen cost us two games...hoping that gets sorted out soon....lost of guys saw action this weekend and guess the coaches will pretty quickly get the wheat separated from the chaff.

Kennesaw State is usually a pretty solid team....hoping for better things when they get to town.

An all around bummer for AU sports the past few days.

California puts out a ton of good baseball players so a teams like Sacramento State have a lot of good options. Its going to take time for Thompson, who is learning how to be a HC, to get the team where it needs to be mentally. Losing is contagious, and this program caught the fever over the last few years. Going to have to find a way to break out of that and start winning the winnable ones.

I don't agree in laying the blame on the bullpen. From what I heard of the game today it sounds like the Sacramento state defense made some terrific plays in the outfield that robbed us of base hits, including a likely game winner in one of the extra innings. I'll hold off on casting judgement or an opinion until we play more games.

Archived