Jax State QB

tmjiv

Saying look at what they did to so and so and what we did isn't really a good way to compare. They were in a shoot out. We couldn't stop the run so all they had to do was hand the ball off and we couldn't score so it was an entire different tempo. Different scheme and approach to a game. I remember 2013 we could have destroyed Tenn and arky much more than we did but we just handed the ball off all game

So you're saying that bama just went easy on us, even though we were in it going into the 4th quarter.

The ONLY empirical way to compare 2 teams is to look at how they performed against the same opponent during similar times in their development. The bama game is about as perfect as it gets, bot the iron bowl and national championship happened at the end of the year. If anything, Clemson actually had an advantage over us as they had both more time to rest and recover for their players and time to prepare a game plan.

I'm absolutely saying that they didn't open up their offense at all and it wasn't because of anything we were doing. We couldn't stop the run. There are far too many games that's been played where a weak team played another team well....that doesn't mean anything close that the team is better or close to other teams. Actually you can use when bammer played Georgia st close and the murdered us....Georgia st defense was better? What about us against jax st? So we were a division 2 talent team last year? You can easily see they were a better defense than us. You're just going to pretty much make Auburn right in every situation on earth

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the end of the day, I'm fine with Eli. Gus will be Gus, PR be damned. Who cares what other people think anyway? The people that would be judging us sure don't

At the end of the day, I'm fine with Eli. Gus will be Gus, PR be damned. Who cares what other people think anyway? The people that would be judging us sure don't

My only concern is the girls on campus. I would hate to give the impression that football trumps their feeling of safety. Of course, if like some people had said, the whole thing stems from a verbal argument that got blown out of proportion, then that's a totally different story and all they would need to do is some decent PR to clear that up with the student body.

My only concern is the girls on campus. I would hate to give the impression that football trumps their feeling of safety. Of course, if like some people had said, the whole thing stems from a verbal argument that got blown out of proportion, then that's a totally different story and all they would need to do is some decent PR to clear that up with the student body.

(I agree with you) Good luck with that. Nobody will hear good PR on this. It'll be another media s*** storm for Auburn.

All media coverage of AU is borderline s---storm.......No one can put you down, unless you agree with them.

If he didn't come here, he would get in-state coverage as the QB who ALMOST came to AU and was charged with DV....of course never mentioning the charges being likely dropped.

This isn't new......How long did it take last years "transfers" to die out in the news cycle?

Product of being in Alabama...

(I agree with you) Good luck with that. Nobody will hear good PR on this. It'll be another media s*** storm for Auburn.

That's true. I assume Gus has more facts on the situation than we do, so I'll trust him on this one.

The female was arrested as well in Eli's case. He can't stay away from her it's his child's mom. There was no physical violence that occured. The Jacksonville police were called by the neighbors. The Auburn campus will be no more or no less dangerous with him attending.

I hope somebody comes here to qb....this is crazy, can't get a big time qb to want to come and qb a big time program?

I hope somebody comes here to qb....this is crazy, can't get a big time qb to want to come and qb a big time program?

we've been signing "big time" QBs on a regular basis as have most other SEC schools....and when push comes to shove, most of us are out looking for Jucos and transfers. JMO but HS QBs are the least predictable recruits at any school.

It's helpful to see them for a year somewhere...JUCO or elsewhere first. Seems that Jucos and transfers might have a better success rate in recent years at many schools. .

Seriously. If we can turn a DB into a QB and make it to a national championship game, you'd think QB's would be beating down our door.

I honestly don't care about the media. I was referring to PR to help the women on campus understand that what they are saying about him isn't true, assuming it isn't, and they are not being put at risk.

Spurrier had trouble getting big time QB's at USCe. It happens.

Yes, well logic would say that USCe is not a big time program.

per the interwebs he is staying at jsu as of this morning...

Link or don't post, negative Nancy.

https://twitter.com/PMARSHONAU?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Not being negative - just sharing info I read. I really wanted him to come to AU.

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

That's an interesting development if true.

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

Not being negative - just sharing info I read. I really wanted him to come to AU.

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

I am more than ok with that. I would rather not have to deal with any more black eyes on Auburn's reputation. Let's do this with the players we got, or with Webb or with any other potential unknown transfer who doesn't have a history of hitting women.

Spurrier had trouble getting big time QB's at USCe. It happens.

Yes, well logic would say that USCe is not a big time program.

Logic also dictates that SCe is a good enough program, especially in an East division that was often weak, that Spurrier should have been able to get big time QBs given his track record.

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

I am more than ok with that. I would rather not have to deal with any more black eyes on Auburn's reputation. Let's do this with the players we got, or with Webb or with any other potential unknown transfer who doesn't have a history of hitting women.

May want to reword that to may have a history of hitting women. He does not have an actual history of it unless proven guilty.

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

May want to reword that to may have a history of hitting women. He does not have an actual history of it unless proven guilty.

You are improperly inserting issues of criminal law into the discussion. College football, just like all other amateur and pro sports doesn't need a conviction in order to take action. If the police report indicates he hit someone, that is all I need.

And people are so lost in their derailed topic they aren't seeing what we are getting at. lol

Are you hinting this is for sure now?

I'm not but there is smoke from at least 2 different normally good sources

Until June, there can be all the smoke in the world and it means nothing. AU has zero control over what the judge is going to say, and I'm sure he's not tipping his hand to anyone either. The best they can have right now is an if/then scenario.

The charges have already been dropped. Isn't that hearing just a formality now?

If that's the case, then the hearing shouldn't happen at all, as its purpose was to determine whether or not to drop the charges. I'm sure Eli's lawyer could have petitioned the court to expedite the process. That being said, I've scoured the net and seen no mention of the charges being dropped yet, only stories about how the judge would determine whether or not to drop them on June 7.

Nevermind. It's charges could be dismissed if he graduates (which he did), under goes counseling, & stays away from the girl. The June 7th hearing is to to determine dismissal or go to trial. My bad.

Quoting myself here to highlight something. Eli did not graduate & is not expected to til after the Summer. My guess is this added delay is the real reason Eli will not transfer to AU.

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

You are improperly inserting issues of criminal law into the discussion. College football, just like all other amateur and pro sports doesn't need a conviction in order to take action. If the police report indicates he hit someone, that is all I need.

No I'm taking issue with the way you basically brand him guilty yourself. You are free to do so of course but IMO it's very tacky. Insert "possible history" into the questioned post then I would agree with you.

Archived