Jax State QB

tmjiv

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally something relevent to this thread.

More true now then ever

And people are so lost in their derailed topic they aren't seeing what we are getting at. lol

Are you hinting this is for sure now?

While I'm admittedly a SW fan, I would welcome this. SW is simply the best we have, not the best around. (1)SW could use another year to develop (2) If JF3 isn't who we were hoping, with the injury to TQ, we now have 1 QB we trust. That is VERY bad. (3) Eli could be a plug and play just like NM was. If our D is as improved as we hope, a play extender on O may be all we need to go from good to great.

Disclaimer: I'm assuming his legal issues will have been thoroughly vetted.

Bring it

I see Clemson D and Ours last season as very similar. Lawson would have made us very even.

Only difference I see was they had a little better LB play but if we had Lawson, it would have came close to balancing out. Our Db's with their schedule would have had a better season IMO. But man Dodd and Lawson sure did blow up that bama Oline. But our Lawson would have also.

More true now then ever

And people are so lost in their derailed topic they aren't seeing what we are getting at. lol

I'm not but there is smoke from at least 2 different normally good sources

More true now then ever

Yep

Saying look at what they did to so and so and what we did isn't really a good way to compare. They were in a shoot out. We couldn't stop the run so all they had to do was hand the ball off and we couldn't score so it was an entire different tempo. Different scheme and approach to a game. I remember 2013 we could have destroyed Tenn and arky much more than we did but we just handed the ball off all game

+1

The defenses played totally different games vs uat. Clemson had a dang good defense last year, by the end of the season they were in the national championship game and we were in the worst bowl venue imaginable. Watson is a fantastic QB, his coaches know how to use him, they are able to design a dynamic game plan to utilize the skill players and they produce. I haven't seen a whole lot of creativity from our offensive coaching since maybe the LSU or South Carolina game in '14?

That video won't play for me. What's being hinted at??

Eli Jenkins will be an Auburn Tiger... is the hint.

i just don't buy it.

Saying look at what they did to so and so and what we did isn't really a good way to compare. They were in a shoot out. We couldn't stop the run so all they had to do was hand the ball off and we couldn't score so it was an entire different tempo. Different scheme and approach to a game. I remember 2013 we could have destroyed Tenn and arky much more than we did but we just handed the ball off all game

So you're saying that bama just went easy on us, even though we were in it going into the 4th quarter.

The ONLY empirical way to compare 2 teams is to look at how they performed against the same opponent during similar times in their development. The bama game is about as perfect as it gets, bot the iron bowl and national championship happened at the end of the year. If anything, Clemson actually had an advantage over us as they had both more time to rest and recover for their players and time to prepare a game plan.

Until June, there can be all the smoke in the world and it means nothing. AU has zero control over what the judge is going to say, and I'm sure he's not tipping his hand to anyone either. The best they can have right now is an if/then scenario.

To the present state of the discussion, wow.

My feelings are so mixed.

First, I don't care about his "legal" problems. I care if he mistreats women.

Second, it would be an admission of desperation. With Queen hurt, we still have four other scholarship QBs on the roster. Maybe Barrett's not ready to go. But five QBs in competition at the same time, with no pecking order? Panderlirium.

But third, he might just be the guy to carry us for the one necessary year. He sure was impressive against us last year.

To the present state of the discussion, wow.

My feelings are so mixed.

First, I don't care about his "legal" problems. I care if he mistreats women.

Second, it would be an admission of desperation. With Queen hurt, we still have four other scholarship QBs on the roster. Maybe Barrett's not ready to go. But five QBs in competition at the same time, with no pecking order? Panderlirium.

But third, he might just be the guy to carry us for the one necessary year. He sure was impressive against us last year.

If he comes, he needs to bring those WRs with him!

So you're saying that bama just went easy on us, even though we were in it going into the 4th quarter.

The ONLY empirical way to compare 2 teams is to look at how they performed against the same opponent during similar times in their development. The bama game is about as perfect as it gets, bot the iron bowl and national championship happened at the end of the year. If anything, Clemson actually had an advantage over us as they had both more time to rest and recover for their players and time to prepare a game plan.

So Clemson had the advantage coming off the first round playoff game vs top 4 ranked Oklahoma with a week to recover, rest and prep for Bama.....But we didn't have an advantage coming off a game vs Idaho? :dead:

So Clemson had the advantage coming off the first round playoff game vs top 4 ranked Oklahoma with a week to recover, rest and prep for Bama.....But we didn't have an advantage coming off a game vs Idaho? :dead:

Yes... Clemson had a month to heal up injuries before facing Oklahoma. Auburn had just gone through a particularly damaging season, and was playing several players who were far from 100%. It's not like we could rest our entire team and play Idaho at the same time... we also certainly got no rest playing Georgia or A&M prior to Idaho.

Facing Oklahoma, while no easy task, is actually an advantage over the previous bowl system, because it provided a game before the championship to knock the rust off. Historically, the break, while healing, has been a double edged sword because it allowed players to lose a bit of their edge.

You can bet that their coaches did not wait around for the conclusion of the play-off to prep for bama. They prepped for all 3 possible opponents.

Until June, there can be all the smoke in the world and it means nothing. AU has zero control over what the judge is going to say, and I'm sure he's not tipping his hand to anyone either. The best they can have right now is an if/then scenario.

The charges have already been dropped. Isn't that hearing just a formality now?

I think it would be a bad decision for stability and direction. I like the kid as a player and he has some of that "it" factor that you want but the message it sends to the rest of the team and the other QB's is a big gamble.

But there's smoke in the air..........

Get the best player possible and put him out there behind center. We need to forget about worrying about continuity or the message it sends to the team. The message all the players will receive is play well or prepared to be recruited over -- which isn't a bad thing IMO. We need the player who will give us the best chance to win out there on the field. JMO

If that's the case, then the hearing shouldn't happen at all, as its purpose was to determine whether or not to drop the charges. I'm sure Eli's lawyer could have petitioned the court to expedite the process. That being said, I've scoured the net and seen no mention of the charges being dropped yet, only stories about how the judge would determine whether or not to drop them on June 7.

In almost all jurisdictions, if there is a charge of domestic violence, the purported aggressor, will be arrested. An attempt at both protection and deescalating the situation. His charge was a misdemeanor and that isn't an attempt to minimize it. Simply stating facts as charged. It appears that if he followed the judges stipulations( listed in the following link), charges could be dropped, on June 7th.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14883851/charge-eli-jenkins-jacksonville-state-gamecocks-dismissed

I think it would be a bad decision for stability and direction. I like the kid as a player and he has some of that "it" factor that you want but the message it sends to the rest of the team and the other QB's is a big gamble.

But there's smoke in the air..........

Gus is in not in a position to worry about future stability and direction of this team. He can't worry about what kind of message it sends to the rest of the team or future QBs. Gus HAS to win games - he has signed QBs that don't fit his particular offensive scheme, now he must either change his offensive philosophy or bring in a QB that fits.

The man is between a rock and a hard place ~ some folks in the AU Admin may have patience but a bunch of them do not.

If that's the case, then the hearing shouldn't happen at all, as its purpose was to determine whether or not to drop the charges. I'm sure Eli's lawyer could have petitioned the court to expedite the process. That being said, I've scoured the net and seen no mention of the charges being dropped yet, only stories about how the judge would determine whether or not to drop them on June 7.

Nevermind. It's charges could be dismissed if he graduates (which he did), under goes counseling, & stays away from the girl. The June 7th hearing is to to determine dismissal or go to trial. My bad.

Archived