Jax State QB

tmjiv

per the interwebs he is staying at jsu as of this morning...

Link or don't post, negative Nancy.

https://twitter.com/...erp|twgr^author

Not being negative - just sharing info I read. I really wanted him to come to AU.

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

That's an interesting development if true.

I am more than ok with that. I would rather not have to deal with any more black eyes on Auburn's reputation. Let's do this with the players we got, or with Webb or with any other potential unknown transfer who doesn't have a history of hitting women.

May want to reword that to may have a history of hitting women. He does not have an actual history of it unless proven guilty.

You are improperly inserting issues of criminal law into the discussion. College football, just like all other amateur and pro sports doesn't need a conviction in order to take action. If the police report indicates he hit someone, that is all I need.

No I'm taking issue with the way you basically brand him guilty yourself. You are free to do so of course but IMO it's very tacky. Insert "possible history" into the questioned post then I would agree with you.

I never said Eli has a history of beating women. I said I want Auburn to take Webb or "any other potential transfer who doesn't have a history of hitting women." It was a fair statement.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurrier had trouble getting big time QB's at USCe. It happens.

Yes, well logic would say that USCe is not a big time program.

Logic also dictates that SCe is a good enough program, especially in an East division that was often weak, that Spurrier should have been able to get big time QBs given his track record.

How come Lou Holtz couldn't get big time recruits to USCe then? I don't give a damn how stellar of a reputation you have as a coach, if you aren't at a traditional powerhouse, you aren't going to continuously attract big time recruits whether you are in a weak division or not. Comparing a Steve Spurrier at USCe to Gus at AU is flat out idiotic. I wonder how a Gus Malzahn would do recruiting at USCe. Mind you, even without the big time recruits, he got the best out of his QBs, turning Connor shaw into a stud. He didn't have to constantly seek out a JUCO. Do not care how weak the east is, UGA/UF (for the most part)/ UTENN will still always recruit at a high volume. UTENN has been mediocre for how long? Yet, they are still able to recruit at a very high level. LSU has been god awful from the QB position for how long? Yet big time QBs are still willing to go there. DT type of QBs!

Typically, you will not get big time recruits if you are the likes of Arkansas/ USCe/ MSU etc UNLESS they were already homegrown talent there. Look at Petrino? How many big time QB recruits did he win over from Texas, while at Arkansas? He kept his Arkansas QBs in Arkansas. Mallett is from Texarkana and fell in his lap once Rich Rod brought the spread to Michigan. The Allens are from Arkansas. Rarely do you see programs like that cross other pipelines and win 5 star recruits. RARELY unless they are already in your pipeline.

And people are so lost in their derailed topic they aren't seeing what we are getting at. lol

Are you hinting this is for sure now?

I'm not but there is smoke from at least 2 different normally good sources

Until June, there can be all the smoke in the world and it means nothing. AU has zero control over what the judge is going to say, and I'm sure he's not tipping his hand to anyone either. The best they can have right now is an if/then scenario.

The charges have already been dropped. Isn't that hearing just a formality now?

If that's the case, then the hearing shouldn't happen at all, as its purpose was to determine whether or not to drop the charges. I'm sure Eli's lawyer could have petitioned the court to expedite the process. That being said, I've scoured the net and seen no mention of the charges being dropped yet, only stories about how the judge would determine whether or not to drop them on June 7.

Nevermind. It's charges could be dismissed if he graduates (which he did), under goes counseling, & stays away from the girl. The June 7th hearing is to to determine dismissal or go to trial. My bad.

Quoting myself here to highlight something. Eli did not graduate & is not expected to til after the Summer. My guess is this added delay is the real reason Eli will not transfer to AU.

Yep. The graduation thing likely removed him from the equation.

Not being negative - just sharing info I read. I really wanted him to come to AU.

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

I am more than ok with that. I would rather not have to deal with any more black eyes on Auburn's reputation. Let's do this with the players we got, or with Webb or with any other potential unknown transfer who doesn't have a history of hitting women.

May want to reword that to may have a history of hitting women. He does not have an actual history of it unless proven guilty.

You are improperly inserting issues of criminal law into the discussion. College football, just like all other amateur and pro sports doesn't need a conviction in order to take action. If the police report indicates he hit someone, that is all I need.

No I'm taking issue with the way you basically brand him guilty yourself. You are free to do so of course but IMO it's very tacky. Insert "possible history" into the questioned post then I would agree with you.

I never said Eli has a history of beating women. I said I want Auburn to take Webb or "any other potential transfer who doesn't have a history of hitting women." It was a fair statement.

Eli didn't hit his girlfriend.

So what are the chances Sean can become a successful multi-year starter? By the time he's had a year on the bench, would WB be a feasible option? Has there been any other update on WB's status?

It doesn't seem like there's any JUCOs available in the 2017 class. Of all the years...

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

Seems to be the concensus among those closest to the situation, so at this point this should probably be accepted by everyone reading as fact.

To add, he was never charged with hitting anyone or even accused of it. He was charged with 3rd degree domestic violence, which can mean a lot of different things.

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

No it is not. You typed it as a history of hitting women. You may not have meant it this way but the way you typed it was as fact because the word history alone without may or possible in front of it means facts of the past.

Logic also dictates that SCe is a good enough program, especially in an East division that was often weak, that Spurrier should have been able to get big time QBs given his track record.

How come Lou Holtz couldn't get big time recruits to USCe then? I don't give a damn how stellar of a reputation you have as a coach, if you aren't at a traditional powerhouse, you aren't going to continuously attract big time recruits whether you are in a weak division or not.

Ole Miss says How you doin?

So what are the chances Sean can become a successful multi-year starter? By the time he's had a year on the bench, would WB be a feasible option? Has there been any other update on WB's status?

It doesn't seem like there's any JUCOs available in the 2017 class. Of all the years...

You seem to be desparately scratching & clawing for info at the wrong time of year. Your history ofd posts makes it look like your whole life hangs in the balance of AU football.

To answer your questions. 1. high w' the right coaching, development, & belief in him. Answer that question under Gus, specifically the believing in him part in an unknown. 2. Nobody knows the answer to that right now, not even our coaches could say. 3. No. Expected to enroll next week at AU like every other signee not already enrolled.

Sarcasm. Yellow font.

Seems to be the concensus among those closest to the situation, so at this point this should probably be accepted by everyone reading as fact.

To add, he was never charged with hitting anyone or even accused of it. He was charged with 3rd degree domestic violence, which can mean a lot of different things.

Thank you barnacle.

How come Lou Holtz couldn't get big time recruits to USCe then? I don't give a damn how stellar of a reputation you have as a coach, if you aren't at a traditional powerhouse, you aren't going to continuously attract big time recruits whether you are in a weak division or not.

The NCAA appears to be covering that wrinkle as we speak.

USCjr just didn't want to open up the checkbook.

Don't say wrinkle, you'll get Golf's attention

I guess it's time for all of those insiders to start back tracking on the Eli predictions

Are there any songs titled "I guess it'll be sean" ??

Benjamin Franklin says Hi back. Find me a program, who is on par with USCe, from any of the power 5 schools, that is recruiting national prominent players consistently. The only two I can think of at USCe that was big time was Clowney and Marcus Lattimore, both being from South Carolina.

I guess it's time for all of those insiders to start back tracking on the Eli predictions

The info did not pan out. It happens. No need to take shots at people who are nice enough to post the info they get. Especially considering the are not upity in posting their info.

Guess it's time for you to crawl back under a rock.

Benjamin Franklin says Hi back. Find me a program, who is on par with USCe, from any of the power 5 schools, that is recruiting national prominent players consistently. The only two I can think of at USCe that was big time was Clowney and Marcus Lattimore, both being from South Carolina.

My point is Ole Miss is not a better program than SCe but they have done nicely bringing in big time talent under Freeze. It can be done @ mid teer P5 schools like Ole Miss & SCe. I would have agreed w/ you before Freeze.

My point is Ole Miss is not a better program than SCe but they have done nicely bringing in big time talent under Freeze. It can be done @ mid teer P5 schools like Ole Miss & SCe. I would have agreed w/ you before Freeze.

You might want to pump the brakes on that one until we figure out what the NCAA finds. SMU was recruiting better than the big boys in the SWC too at one time.

The info did not pan out. It happens. No need to take shots at people who are nice enough to post the info they get. Especially considering the are not upity in posting their info.

It's comments like his that have driven away people from sharing information. Seems like that was a topic of conversation on the recruiting board not that long ago.

It's comments like his that have driven away people from sharing information. Seems like that was a topic of conversation on the recruiting board not that long ago.

Comments like mine or hair's?

I think the point that DAG and others are trying to make is that all signs are pointing to the fact that Freeze has been cheating to land those big prospects.

While I agree, it can be done, more often that not, it happens because they already have ties to the school. Outside of the potential money changing hands being investigated at Ole Miss, they landed their biggest prospects by either already having their lesser talented siblings on the roster or hiring their brother to be on the football staff. As DAG also pointed out. South Carolina's biggest gets have been in state prospects who get A LOT of local pressure to stay home. I can't think of an example where a top prospect went to a mid-tier school just because they liked it.

Archived