Copa America Centenario

AUDub

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either Colombia rematch or a Mexico rematch. Both sound good to me regardless of what we are playing for. 1st or third.

With all due respect this is way too many updates for a game USA is not playing in. Just give us a final score and an overall summary to your thoughts of the match.

You think 10 posts are too many? So be it. Not stopping. I don't mean to be ugly but no one is forcing you to read them. Really an unnecessary comment.

As for my thoughts, I think a 0-0 result would have been fair given the balance of play. One of those games where you hate that there had to be a loser. Peru is not a great side and they gave the Colombians all they could handle. I think Mexico, assuming they do the expected and get by Chile tomorrow and being as hot as they are right now, probably has the upper hand going into the semis. There's a good possibility we get a rematch with Colombia in the third place game.

Relax man. It just seems like over kill to me but I can live with it. It was just a constructive post with no disrespect as mentioned in my OP so please don't take it as disrespect. I honestly had no clue anyone cared about any team besides the USA til mustache's post. My bad.

Great goal by Hungary in the closing minutes of the euros. Iceland had a chance for the biggest win in their country's history but the kept unnecessarily giving away possession and going for difficult goals instead of killing clock ... They had a chance in the final 5 seconds but deflected wide. I always think is cool to watch a significant event .... Unfortunately for Iceland it turned out not to be one.

Austria-Portugal is a fun watch. Poor Austria can't seem to hang on to the ball, but their keeper is giving Ronaldo fits. Great duel between the two and Ronaldo's frustration entertains me to no end.

Well Ronaldo managed to draw a penalty.

...and hits the post! :roflol:

Ronaldo buries one with the header on the set piece, but alas, the flag is up :lmao:

0-0 86th minute.

Great goal by Hungary in the closing minutes of the euros. Iceland had a chance for the biggest win in their country's history but the kept unnecessarily giving away possession and going for difficult goals instead of killing clock ... They had a chance in the final 5 seconds but deflected wide. I always think is cool to watch a significant event .... Unfortunately for Iceland it turned out not to be one.

They may still advance given Portugal's draw against Austria just now. Final fixtures of group F are intriguing. Iceland against winless Austria, Portugal against undefeated Hungary.

Argentina-Venezuela is underway. Let's see if the Venezuelans can shock the world.

Higuain opens the scoring in the eighth minute after a nice play into the box.

Hah. What on earth was the keeper doing? Caught in no man's land well outside of the box. Messi scores that open net goal 9/10 times.

Nice counter by Venezuela to win a corner.

Messi fouled in the box and it obviously should be a penalty. 23rd minute. Higuain almost doubles the lead but it's blocked.

Horrible no call.

Yeah highway robbery. Ref was right friggin there so what the heck.

And they give up a gift to Higuain. Ouch. 2-0 29th minute.

Wow that was close. Almost pulled one back.

Penalty for Venezuela. And he got that one right. Surprised Romero didn't get booked.

Ugly penalty. Ridiculous attempt to lob him.

2-0. Argentina the better team and it's obvious.

Argentina dominating. Beautiful pass and move possession almost resulted in a 55th minute goal. Messi getting beat to death though.

3-0 60th minute. Messi!

Archived