The Unbelievers

AURaptor

* a side bar from current events *

A 2013 documentary which focuses on Dr. Richard Dawkins and theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss, and their lecture circuit on discussing the topic of non belief in God.

I wanted to like this movie more than I did. There was no narration, just mostly the 2 of them , in their own words, as cameras followed them around stops in Australia, London and Arizona.

While some really good points were made, it was clear neither, especially Dawkins , had any reservations about mocking and insulting the idea of and those who believed in religion.

Part of me gets it, and can see their point, but I think they do a bit of disservice to their message by being so adversarial. They aren't so openly hostile, say as Bill Maher is, but I guess there's no pleasing everyone.

One main reason I didn't care for this as much as I wanted was how political some parts of the video were. And because of that tone, I decided to post about it here, rather than 'All Things Considered ', which is where I think would be its natural home for such a discussion. Of course, a remark was made about the Religious Right, but nary a word about the Religious LEFT.

They will believe at Judgement Day, but it will then be too late.

They will believe at Judgement Day, but it will then be too late.

:glare:

Zeus, Vishnu, Ra, ... which line will they get in ?

Archived