2016 Week 1 Depth Chart (MERGED)

AUtigers2324

32 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

trindon holliday, wes welker, and steve smith say hello...and that's just off the top of my head...

But overall I agree with you. I hate seeing us sign 5'9 WRs and DBs.

Holliday wasn't anything special at receiver. Returner is a diff story. 

FWIW looking at the WR depth chart one theme appears very apparent...

Edited by ellitor

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

For those who have never seen his highlights...

Seems like a very intelligent receiver. Goes after the football. Good concentration in traffic. 

• Like 2

Maybe I'm out of touch but I am extremely surprised by our MLB situation and by Holsey not being a starter. 

25 minutes ago, War Knight said:

Maybe I'm out of touch but I am extremely surprised by our MLB situation and by Holsey not being a starter. 

When we are in the 4-2-5 which will be most of the time Holsey very well may start at the Nickel til Roberts gets back if he ever gets back as a starter. It's either Rudy at Safety & Holsey at Nickel or Ruffin at safety with Rudy at nickel.

I think the 2 MLB spots (Mike & Will) surprise most people but remember Tre is coming off injury & it's possible he is not 100% yet. Also T-Will apparently plans to rotate Tre, TJ, Monty, DD, & maybe even Darrell a lot in those 2 spots.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW looking at the WR depth chart one theme appears very apparent...

The picture after the video is what I'm talking about.

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Guys who the heck is Will Hastings? I've seen he walked on as a kicker after putting up 2k+ yards as a WR... But we have some real talent, albeit unproven talent, but talent at WR. Seeing him being even mentioned in the same breath NCM, Stove, Smith...  This just absolutely floors me...

I don't believe WH will see the field much at all. If he does? Ouch. Waste of reps. 

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

Do I recall that Hawthorne spent most of his career on injured status?   Hard to blame a guy who stayed injured all the time....seems I recall he gave good effort in the few occasions when he was 100%..   Benton was a curiosity but many players who did not live up to hype were rarely at full strength....or in the wrong position....thinking Trovon Reed yet here he is, still chasing a job in the NFL. 

You're right, thats why I mentioned that he was dealt a bad hand. It's unfortunate.

54 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't believe WH will see the field much at all. If he does? Ouch. Waste of reps. 

Dang WDE... you've become very critical of individual players.  From what I've heard, Will could surprise a lot of people, yet you're basically calling him a waste of a scholarship. What's the deal?

Only one I can really remember was JJ to Duke in first half of Arky 2014. And it went for a massive gain too

Dual, we did use them for one half of one game last year:  1st half vs Texas A&M.  Ironically, it was the best we looked on offense all season.

Edited by Brad_ATX

34 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Dang WDE... you've become very critical of individual players.  From what I've heard, Will could surprise a lot of people, yet you're basically calling him a waste of a scholarship. What's the deal?

Completely feel your sentiment but he's not on scholly,

Just now, ellitor said:

Completely feel your sentiment but he's not on scholly,

My mistake.  I thought he was one of the guys who was recently given a scholarship. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Only one I can really remember was JJ to Duke in first half of Arky 2014. And it went for a massive gain too

That may be partially due to Arky thinking, "Gus calling a slant?!? WTH??? Is the world freezing over?!?!"

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

My mistake.  I thought he was one of the guys who was recently given a scholarship. 

Yeah. I double checked before I replied.

Just now, ellitor said:

That may be partially due to Arky thinking, "Gus calling a slant?!? WTH??? Is the world freezing over?!?!"

Yep. I don't doubt that at all.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yeah. I double checked before I replied.

Funny how he made the depth chart and the only walk-on who got a scholarship this year to make the depth chart is our holder.  Will must have other means of paying for school.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Funny how he made the depth chart and the only walk-on who got a scholarship this year to make the depth chart is our holder.  Will must have other means of paying for school.

He went to a very expensive private school in Arkansas. Speaks for itself. 

19 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

He went to a very expensive private school in Arkansas. Speaks for itself. 

Sounds like his parents might be tired of paying for his education, lol.

Who knows, maybe he got an academic scholarship or something. 

12 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Guys who the heck is Will Hastings? I've seen he walked on as a kicker after putting up 2k+ yards as a WR... But we have some real talent, albeit unproven talent, but talent at WR. Seeing him being even mentioned in the same breath NCM, Stove, Smith...  This just absolutely floors me...

CnXbpCfXYAAUK2A.jpg:large

• Like 2

Also... White is 2nd in the L drill.  Puts him ahead of Mincy as the all-time leader.  I had to look at the roster to see if we had a walkon named White I wasn't familiar with.

1 hour ago, jcm81 said:

CnXbpCfXYAAUK2A.jpg:large

Damn he has some raw athleticism. Also for those like me who don't know what the L Drill iss...

1 hour ago, jcm81 said:

Also... White is 2nd in the L drill.  Puts him ahead of Mincy as the all-time leader.  I had to look at the roster to see if we had a walkon named White I wasn't familiar with.

Sean is really quick, he just doesnt have the top-end 40 speed that everyone gets all bent out of shape about. I believe you can see him in the summer workout video that was posted.

Here you can find some combine averages for the 3-cone drill

Combine Drill Averages

The average RB is 7.07 Seconds

Edited by AUTIGERinSC
link