***Auburn vs. Clemson - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Right now I can see Dabo just playing a war of attrition type game right now. He doesn't have to get any big plays so far because they're wearing down the defense progressively and getting us to show our hands. They're going to try and take advantage as these drives stretch out and get longer and the defense gets more susceptible to making mental mistakes. The issue with playing an offense with an athletic QB that runs the ZR is that as you get tired, you start to mess up on responsibilities. Gang tackling is hard to do when you're gassed. 

It's on Auburn's offense right now. They've got to give their defense a chance. They're basically taking what Auburn's offensive tool is, and doing it much better. 

Edited by Malcolm_FleX48
  • Like 2

Aaaand I can't wait to see what the third O series looks like. We gonna put Johnson in for a couple plays now?

5 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

@cole256 is lurking with the "I told you so" if this doesn't work out. Granted it's the first game, you definitely need to be showing a bit more spark and pizzaz from a "Big play offense" when you're running a possibly scripted half. 

Well, he's full of it if he does. Gus is not giving SW, or anyone on the offense, a chance. He has to call plays for the players he has, and he has to show SOME kind of trust in his offensive players.