Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

9 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Come on Bird, you KNOW this defense is HANDS DOWN WITHOUT QUESTION a better defense than last year.. 

By a mile. A much more complete D without a doubt. But to say Sean is doing better than JJ did last year due to the difference in D's is absurd.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigbird said:

By a mile. A much more complete D without a doubt. But to say Sean is doing better than JJ did last year due to the difference in D's is absurd.

Gotcha Bird. I didnt understand how you couldn't think the defense this year was helping whoever the QB is, more than the defense last season. 

Makes MUCH more sense.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, this is more entertaining than the political forum. 

It is much...um..."funner" than politics, but in a lot of ways not all that different, yeah? :)

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

I don't even know you, but I like you already!

War Eagle!

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I mostly skulk around...reading...waiting to administer my cat like reflexes and razor sharp wit(3 beer minimum). 

A hearty War Damn Eagle to you as well!

Don't turn this into a dating site....

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Personally I thought he should of thrown it out of bounds...not to take the sack.

But I agree. Never make that across the body throws like that.

I agree. Normally, throw it out of bounds but in a situation like that, go ahead and take the sack. It didn't knock us out of FG range and we avoided a potential turnover.

8 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

Don't turn this into a dating sight....

Contrary to what my wife says, I'm not that easy. 

However, you may be onto something.

"Lonely? How far and accurate are you at chucking a roll of toilet paper?

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

LOL....you have to share the money if it works! WDE!

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Oh man! Y'all gotta stop. Laughing so hard I can hardly breathe!

7 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

And here we go again with someone putting words into the mouths/posts of others that have not been said. Show me so much as one post from anyone that says SW should win the Heisman this season or even be mentioned in the same breath as that award. Just one.

Also, you keep talking about "problems with QB play." What are those problems? Can't complete passes? Nope. He has an outstanding pass completion rate. Fumbles all the time? Nope. Is an interception machine? Nope. Is too dense or too lazy to study the playbook and see the field? Nope. So instead of being vague ("probelms with QB play"), you and the few that are with you on that train you're riding might oughta try forming a cogent argument. 

he fumbled against lsu, gets sacked or cant escape pressure to make a play, cant score touchdowns in the redzone or against quality defenses, cant throw a accurate deep ball. he has all the talent in the world around him and he is struggling to lead them. hopefully he continues to get better i would love to see him succeed but he has alot of room for improvement. dont be a idiot you act like he is perfect he has been average at best so far nothing special

29 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

he fumbled against lsu, gets sacked or cant escape pressure to make a play, cant score touchdowns in the redzone or against quality defenses, cant throw a accurate deep ball...

You did fine right up to where I bolded and snipped. Right there you went totally off the rails. The QB can't score TD's in the red zone if the receivers he hits in the hands don't catch the pass or the RB's he hands off to don't get in or the OL doesn't hit their blocking assigments. And on deep passes, again I refer you you to StatTiger. SW is the most accurate QB in the SEC on 3rd and long.  You simply refuse to see.

5 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

he fumbled against lsu, gets sacked or cant escape pressure to make a play, cant score touchdowns in the redzone or against quality defenses, cant throw a accurate deep ball. he has all the talent in the world around him and he is struggling to lead them. hopefully he continues to get better i would love to see him succeed but he has alot of room for improvement. dont be a idiot you act like he is perfect he has been average at best so far nothing special

While some of those problems are absolutely on SW, a couple of them go beyond the QB and more than a couple are outright fallacies.

SW needs to improve on his deep ball accuracy. I completely agree. The overthrows need to go away before they become an INT.

Can't escape pressure. Are we watching the same games? SW has shown a good feel for pocket pressure. He's not perfect, but he seems to have that "feel" for the pocket.

Can't score TDs. Both SW and the coaches deserve the blame on this one. We've become overly predictable in the RZ. Try a PA or something different rather than run, run and force SW to try and squeeze a ball into a very tight space. SW needs to audible out of some of those run plays.

Struggling to lead the offense. I don't see where you can come to that conclusion. His WRs have been laying out for him more than any QB I can remember. He's throwing blocks downfield. He's taking a hit in the pocket to make a play.

SW has real room for improvement but you're acting like he's some bum out there taking snaps from the center. The kid is a gamer. He's not even close to perfect but he brings his lunch pail on every play and I see the team respond to that.

so every time a pass is incomplete its the receivers fault. your nuts. i dont care about stats. missouri has the most ypg in the sec so doesnt mean they will win a championship so who gives a sh##. were trying to win a sec championship. i watch the games and call like i see it. he is average at best AT THIS POINT

3 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

so every time a pass is incomplete its the receivers fault. your nuts. i dont care about stats. missouri has the most ypg in the sec so doesnt mean they will win a championship so who gives a sh##. were trying to win a sec championship. i watch the games and call like i see it. he is average at best AT THIS POINT

I'm not sure who you're addressing that to but no, I'm not laying everything at the feet of the WRs and if you're addressing that to me; I'm not sure how you made that leap. There is more than enough blame to go around for our struggles in the RZ.

Edit: I'm 3 whisky's in so my spelling and grammar are rapidly fading

3 minutes ago, selias said:

SW needs to improve on his deep ball accuracy. I completely agree. The overthrows need to go away before they become an INT.

In all seriousness, passes 30 or 40+ yards past the LOS tend to not be all that accurate, even in the NFL. And the thing that gets me is that some of the folks complaining about overthrows (not necessarily you mind you) also turn around and say that the kid has no arm. (How does a kid with no arm overthrow a receiver 40+ yards down the field?)

StatTiger:

5) Sean White has attempted the most pass attempts in the SEC facing 3rd & 10 or longer and has the highest completion pct.

6) I believe White has a strong enough arm and mechanics to make every throw in the playbook. I would like to see fewer slow-developing play-action passes.

I like to deal in facts, not perceptions. 

:wareagle:

16 hours ago, Tiger Scout said:

so every time a pass is incomplete its the receivers fault. your nuts. i dont care about stats. 

You don't care about stats? Great! You think that when a receiver drops a pass that hits 'em in the hands it's the QB's fault? Great! You're one of those "Don't confuse me with the facts" types, and also one of those non-student of the game types that gave rise to the adage "The QB gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses."  I know not to pay too much attention to what you say going forward. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Tiger Scout said:

THATS GREAT I LOOK AT SCORING POINTS. THATS WHAT WINS GAMES NOT YOUR BULLSH## STAT. 

Outstanding. We won vs LSU even with a pathetic RZ performance. What would you do to rectify our RZ performance?

Archived