Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Dumb...just dumb.

Sean' reads and work through his progressions is one of his assets.

In  fact all last year you called him captain check down.  How is that possible if he can't read or work his progressions? You're a joke.

Lets be honest since everyone is avoiding the elephant in the room.  Sean white was an accident he wasn't even supposed to be here at Auburn.  We didn't get several DT QB's like Deondre Francis, etc.  You seem to be the underdog champ rooting for the great white hype.  Malzahn recruits DT's every year because he only has one offense that works  and it involves the read option.  White hardly ever keeps it on the read option and defenses know that.  You seem to love Auburn as much as I do but lets stop trying to make SW something he is not.  He is hiding white behind an improved defense that we didn't have last season therefore he isn't asked to air it out like last season or in the past even cam didn't have this kind of defense.  Do you realize that if our defense wasn't as good as it is we would be 1-3?  Because you watch from your TV and I watch from the endzone Sec 39 row 9 I see where his helmet is the entire time, its hard to throw anywhere other than where your looking.   If you ever come to Auburn seriously DM I will save a ticket for you we can watch together and maybe your bias man crush for SW will end.   

3 minutes ago, selias said:

Ok @willieguns, I'm done engaging with you. You're clearly hooked on one of the other QBs and are making up problems with SW as you go along.

Cool.  We have an offense genius and you belive the best we can do from an offensive perspective is 6 FG's?  you put zero blame SW ability or lack thereof just like most bias fans you blame play calling.  has it ever dawned on you  that the coaches don't fell comfortable calling certain things?  have you ever considered that?  The bowl game last year tells you something about SW.

3 minutes ago, willieguns said:

Cool.  We have an offense genius and you belive the best we can do from an offensive perspective is 6 FG's?  you put zero blame SW ability or lack thereof just like most bias fans you blame play calling.  has it ever dawned on you  that the coaches don't fell comfortable calling certain things?  have you ever considered that?  The bowl game last year tells you something about SW.

Who is our offensive genius? 

wde

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

My understanding of the game is fine. Just keep on with "if the receivers didn't drop so many TDs, our RZ offense would be fine" excuse. Don't worry, I'll call it a "reason" next time.

So the fact that our recievers have dropped TDs in the redzone, isn't our problem in the RZ? 

9 minutes ago, willieguns said:

Lets be honest since everyone is avoiding the elephant in the room.  Sean white was an accident he wasn't even supposed to be here at Auburn.  We didn't get several DT QB's like Deondre Francis, etc.  You seem to be the underdog champ rooting for the great white hype.  Malzahn recruits DT's every year because he only has one offense that works  and it involves the read option.  White hardly ever keeps it on the read option and defenses know that.  You seem to love Auburn as much as I do but lets stop trying to make SW something he is not.  He is hiding white behind an improved defense that we didn't have last season therefore he isn't asked to air it out like last season or in the past even cam didn't have this kind of defense.  Do you realize that if our defense wasn't as good as it is we would be 1-3?  Because you watch from your TV and I watch from the endzone Sec 39 row 9 I see where his helmet is the entire time, its hard to throw anywhere other than where your looking.   If you ever come to Auburn seriously DM I will save a ticket for you we can watch together and maybe your bias man crush for SW will end.   

This post is really, really dumb. So many things are wrong.

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So the fact that our recievers have dropped TDs in the redzone, isn't our problem in the RZ? 

regardless of the QB has Auburn WR dropped passes? Ricardo Louis been dropping his entire career as an Auburn Tiger. 

4 minutes ago, willieguns said:

Oh okay, because you get to watch the games there you in a better position to critique? I'd argue I have a much better view of what is going on than you. That and since this is literally what I do, I'm gonna go ahead and say my understanding is a bit better too.

Also what is telling is you say White can't be an effective  QB because he's not a dual-treat QB. If that's the case, then why, did you prop up JJ all of last year as well as continuing that thought this year? You do realize that he's not a DTQB, right? Interesting that you call Sean the great white hype. I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

Just now, willieguns said:

Auburn's red-zone statistics:

• Cumulative season statistics: 7 TD's in 22 attempts (35%)
    • 10 FGs in 22 attempts (45.45%)
  • LSU Season statistics: 0 TD's in 6 attempts (0%)
    • 5 FGs in 6 attempts (83.33%)

The red-zone short comings of the Auburn offense are not solely attributed to what kind of player Sean White is or how good he is at his position. Most of the cause of our red-zone woes can be attributed to the play calling of the offense inside the red-zone, and goes back to the lack of an intermediate passing game in this offense (though this appears to be changing as the season goes on). 

5 minutes ago, willieguns said:

regardless of the QB has Auburn WR dropped passes? Ricardo Louis been dropping his entire career as an Auburn Tiger. 

Would you like to explain to me how Ricardo Louis dropping passes in his career here has anything to do with Tony Stevens dropping passes now? 

12 minutes ago, willieguns said:

Because you watch from your TV and I watch from the endzone Sec 39 row 9 I see where his helmet is the entire time, its hard to throw anywhere other than where your looking.  

I'm gonna try and explain something that I though was pretty understood and was one of JJ's biggest problems last year. When you stare down a receiver, you tell the defense where you are going to throw it. That's why good safeties read the QBs eyes. So one way to counter this is for the QB to "look off" his target. Another is to keep your eyes down field till the route breaks. The first way moves the safety opening up the zone where he wants to throw to. The second holds the safety,in essence, opening another part of the field. So you are right, SW does hold his eyes down field. That's a pretty good skill most younger QBs don't possess. 

23 minutes ago, willieguns said:

Bingo! We finally have willieguns expressing his racist agenda! You are pathetic!

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Who is our offensive genius? 

wde

Our Playbook isn't made to fit SW strengths

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh okay, because you get to watch the games there you in a better position to critique? I'd argue I have a much better view of what is going on than you. That and since this is literally what I do, I'm gonna go ahead and say my understanding is a bit better too.

Also what is telling is you say White can't be an effective  QB because he's not a dual-treat QB. If that's the case, then why, did you prop up JJ all of last year as well as continuing that thought this year? You do realize that he's not a DTQB, right? Interesting that you call Sean the great white hype. I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

So your saying the TV from Texas gives you the same view as a person at the game?   You must have fell out the stupid tree and hit every branch on your way down.  I attend the games and also record them to watch it once I get home.  Jeremy Johnson was classified as a dual threat.  You may critique players and things of that sort in Texas but you only see what the camera allows you to see from an Auburn football perspective most of the time your getting an aerial view.  Maybe the high school games you attend in Texas your critiquing but there is zero way your seeing what people in the stadium see. I can watch the QB helmet every snap which I do on passing downs.    

So your saying the TV from Texas gives you the same view as a person at the game?   You must have fell out the stupid tree and hit every branch on your way down.  I attend the games and also record them to watch it once I get home.  Jeremy Johnson was classified as a dual threat.  You may critique players and things of that sort in Texas but you only see what the camera allows you to see from an Auburn football perspective most of the time your getting an aerial view.  Maybe the high school games you attend in Texas your critiquing but there is zero way your seeing what people in the stadium see. I can watch the QB helmet every snap which I do on passing downs.    

You did not answer my question.  You posted that we have an offensive genius?  Who is it?

wde

4 minutes ago, willieguns said:

I don't even know how to respond to this idiocy.  

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If that's the case, then why, did you prop up JJ all of last year as well as continuing that thought this year? You do realize that he's not a DTQB, right? Interesting that you call Sean the great white hype. I'm not saying...I'm just saying.

Ah, so he's a fan of JJ. That explains a lot.

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

You did not answer my question.  You posted that we have an offensive genius?  Who is it?

wde

I was joking... Malzahn is a one trick pony.  there is a reason he recruits every African American QB worth a flip every year.  His offense is so much more lethal when the defense fears the running QB.  Bobby P would make JJ and SW look like studs.  He creates an offense based on QB strengths he never had big time running QB's at Arkansas but he put up points.  He knows have to adapt to QB strengths.  Malzahn has not shown that. 

1 hour ago, selias said:

Are you talking about the play where he rolled out to his left and his primary read was gone? IMO, the smart play was to take the sack rather than try to throw across his body into the end zone.

I believe that was the play. I though he should have stopped, set and lobbed it in to the back of the end zone for a potential score. If my memory is correct there wasn't much backside pressure until he just held the ball too long. I'm positive SW will get better as the year goes on and he get's better with his reads and the new receivers.

1 minute ago, willieguns said:

I was joking... Malzahn is a one trick pony.  there is a reason he recruits every African American QB worth a flip every year.  His offense is so much more lethal when the defense fears the running QB.  Bobby P would make JJ and SW look like studs.  He creates an offense based on QB strengths he never had big time running QB's at Arkansas but he put up points.  He knows have to adapt to QB strengths.  Malzahn has not shown that. 

So with the right coaching, you are saying SW would be a stud.  Got it.  It isn't that SW is not a good QB, it is due to lack of coaching.   We agree.

wde

9 minutes ago, willieguns said:

WOW! You're not even trying to be covert with it anymore are you? Apparently only African-American QBs can be DT and be successful in Gus' Offense. Damn, just Damn.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Would you like to explain to me how Ricardo Louis dropping passes in his career here has anything to do with Tony Stevens dropping passes now? 

Receivers at all schools dropped passes but from an Auburn perspective I would say development isn't quite there. 

1 minute ago, creed said:

I believe that was the play. I though he should have stopped, set and lobbed it in to the back of the end zone for a potential score. If my memory is correct there wasn't much backside pressure until he just held the ball too long. I'm positive SW will get better as the year goes on and he get's better with his reads and the new receivers.

That's a dangerous throw without stopping to square his shoulders and set his feet. The end zone is only 10 yards deep and if the pass is a floater you're looking at potential INT. Eat the sack and take the points :)

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You really think the defense last year didn't protect JJ but they are protecting Sean this year. Thats funny. What is even funnier is you think that was the problem. Good Lord. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You have to be all foam no beer.  I said and will say it again the QB are being protected by a good defense meaning they aren't asked to do as much.  when you have a defense like we have this year you can play more conservative on offense like we are now. 

You have to be all foam no beer.  I said and will say it again the QB are being protected by a good defense meaning they aren't asked to do as much.  when you have a defense like we have this year you can play more conservative on offense like we are now. 

Our D last year was actually ranked higher in YPG. Oops

Archived