Let's talk about Sean

bigbird

The fact you say the QB doesn't "fit" the offense makes your credibility vanish. If a coach can't call a game in relation to his strengths then he needs to quit coaching. Period. And as a matter of fact...when I'm not in Auburn on game day...I can guarantee you my view of the QBs eyes  on my TV are 1000000000000000 times better than your view from the corner of the end zone that you're ignorantly boasting about. What a tool.????

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Our D last year was actually ranked higher in YPG. Oops

How many yards did LF have last year in the 1st half alone?  You have got to be a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

18 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

The fact you say the QB doesn't "fit" the offense makes your credibility vanish. If a coach can't call a game in relation to his strengths then he needs to quit coaching. Period. And as a matter of fact...when I'm not in Auburn on game day...I can guarantee you my view of the QBs eyes  on my TV are 1000000000000000 times better than your view from the corner of the end zone that you're ignorantly boasting about. What a tool.????

I agree with the offense stuff but how often did people post the sw had to play in a JJ offense? Couldn't do anything but Smh at reading that

:laugh::laugh::laugh:  Great rebuttal.

What's next?

Nana Nana Boo Boo?

Should we go a few rounds of uh-huh/uh-uh?  

Grow up. Learn the sport you claimed to have played and realize your claims and opinions are flawed to say the least.

34 minutes ago, willieguns said:

Jeremy Johnson was classified as a dual threat.  

http://247sports.com/player/jeremy-johnson-11504

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/125903/jeremy-johnson

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/116959

How many more L's are you going to take in this thread bro?

i am sick of stats. we have a different schedule each year and you guys want to take stats from a entire year last year and compare them to 4games of stats this year. you can find stats to support any argument. according to most of you sean white should win the heisman.  one more thing every team in college football has receivers that drop balls. so quit acting like that is the only problem with the qb play.

2 hours ago, willieguns said:

what is our struggles in the redzone? 

What is our struggles? LOL!  If you'd asked "Is our students learning?" I might wonder if I should call you Dubya. Bird has a point. You need to learn to form an actual argument. Near as I can tell, you haven't managed to do that in this thread, at least as of late.

42 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

The fact you say the QB doesn't "fit" the offense makes your credibility vanish

So you're saying Sean is using the right playbook? :dead:

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Bull. People are on him because they hear, "SW would've been near perfect if it wasn't for his receivers" every game! They even choose to ignore the missed touchdown throws!

Man, why do you insist on continually twisting what others have said? No one has said that. You're so invested in your own opinion that you're reading things into what other posters say that just isn't there to read.

I honestly don't get this conversation.  You can measure a passing QB by one thing... is he completing the passes he's being asked to make? Presently, our QB is completing a higher percentage of passes than any QB to have ever played at Auburn.

I guess some could argue that he isn't good by saying he's checking down to easy passes, though I have to doubt that, considering the amount of pressure he's been under has severely limited his time to check-down and his yards per attempt is actually higher than Clemson and Texas A&M. 

So I guess the next argument for his lack of skill is, of course, lack of touchdowns. The question you have to ask there is how many passes have been called that could have been touchdowns, and of those, how many were not on target?  The last statistic I saw was that he was 50% on passes over 15 yards, which includes drops. That is statistically good even for an NFL QB (the average completion ratio for the top NFL passers in that category since 2007 is under 40%).

The final argument is that the coaches don't trust him in the red zone.  Considering that they are calling 70-80% rushing, and he is completing a record percentage of passes outside of the red zone, I doubt very much the play calling has anything to do with trusting him.

So, the only thing people who think Sean isn't any good have to hang their hat on is that he's not a running QB... well... that just means that he's like the majority of QBs in the NCAA and NFL.

4 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

What is our struggles? LOL!  If you'd asked "Is our students learning?" I might wonder if I should call you Dubya. Bird has a point. You need to learn to form an actual argument. Near as I can tell, you haven't managed to do that in this thread, at least as of late.

Bird has done nothing but distort arguments to make his arguments look better. Learn from another maestro. He accused me of claiming our embarrassing struggles were all SW's fault and then he claims "inference" later when I explained it was the playcalling that has hurt our offense. Maybe the snag that he doesn't get is that the playcalling is dictated by SW's and the rest of our team's capabilities.

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:
2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Bull. People are on him because they hear, "SW would've been near perfect if it wasn't for his receivers" every game! They even choose to ignore the missed touchdown throws!

Man, why do you insist on continually twisting what others have said? No one has said that. You're so invested in your own opinion that you're reading things into what other posters say that just isn't there to read.

Though, Ironically, if it weren't for the drops/break-ups in the LSU game, he actually would have been, statistically, near perfect.  Funny, huh?

4 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

WTH. It's been said over and over that "SW did such and such good despite the drops by our receivers" at least a thousand times. Wake up princess.

28 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Bird has done nothing but distort arguments to make his arguments look better. Learn from another maestro. He accused me of claiming our embarrassing struggles were all SW's fault and then he claims "inference" later when I explained it was the playcalling that has hurt our offense. Maybe the snag that he doesn't get is that the playcalling is dictated by SW's and the rest of our team's capabilities.

Go back and read it again. I said you focus on SW as to why we struggle in the RZ. I can't ever think of a time where you have critiqued the wr,ol,rb,hb as much as you have Sean. I do agree that play calling is based on ability of the players, but to say that players ability change once in the RZ is silly.

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I honestly don't get this conversation.  You can measure a passing QB by one thing... is he completing the passes he's being asked to make? Presently, our QB is completing a higher percentage of passes than any QB to have ever played at Auburn.

I guess some could argue that he isn't good by saying he's checking down to easy passes, though I have to doubt that, considering the amount of pressure he's been under has severely limited his time to check-down and his yards per attempt is actually higher than Clemson and Texas A&M. 

So I guess the next argument for his lack of skill is, of course, lack of touchdowns. The question you have to ask there is how many passes have been called that could have been touchdowns, and of those, how many were not on target?  The last statistic I saw was that he was 50% on passes over 15 yards, which includes drops. That is statistically good even for an NFL QB (the average completion ratio for the top NFL passers in that category since 2007 is under 40%).

The final argument is that the coaches don't trust him in the red zone.  Considering that they are calling 70-80 rushing, and he is completing a record percentage of passes outside of the red zone, I doubt very much the play calling has anything to do with trusting him.

So, the only thing people who think Sean isn't any good have to hang their hat on is that he's not a running QB... well... that just means that he's like the majority of QBs in the NCAA and NFL.

Out of likes but, I agree completely.

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

So you're saying Sean is using the right playbook? :dead:

Wow...way to cherry pick a statement. Actually... It's not the playbook so much as it is the "play calls" at times. Sean's completing passes, he's also making some bad throws too. He can't wish us into victory. I swear, it's like you guys want to ignore the other 10 guys on the field and put the troubles solely on SW. That's total bull****. It's not like he's going all Kiehl Frazier back there and losing the game...lol. He's being a game manager, which is fine as long as the other 10 do their part as well. There's lots of things that can make this Offense better including SW hitting the throws he misses. WRs also HAVE to catch balls that hit them in the hands in the end zone. HBs also HAVE to pick up the MLB crashing through the A gap on 4th-1 instead of whiffing completely then doubling the DT with the Guard. OL blocking schemes could be adjusted to distort the lack on the OL currently. The use of a TE would be majorly beneficial IMO as well. 

But... the simple, overused point of view that we absolutely HAVE to have a DT QB is utter nonsense and being used as a scapegoat for lack of scoring when it's anything but that. 

2 hours ago, willieguns said:

see how we blame everyone when the QB is a issue or his inability to not be a fit.  it is the fact that he isn't DT. Our tiny playbook is being used the same way it would be used if NM or Cam were here.  This is what make SW look average or below average especially in the RZ. Have you ever noticed that he eyes are always on one person.  he doesn't make reads he just stares down the middle of the field. 

Hmmm. Seems to me you just indicted the coaches and the plays that are being called. Remember, you go to war with the troops you have, not the troops you wish you had. 

1 hour ago, willieguns said:

Lets be honest since everyone is avoiding the elephant in the room.  Sean white was an accident he wasn't even supposed to be here at Auburn.  We didn't get several DT QB's like Deondre Francis, etc.  You seem to be the underdog champ rooting for the great white hypeMalzahn recruits DT's every year because he only has one offense that works  and it involves the read option.  W

Wow. The great White Hype. SMH.

As fas as Malzahn only having "one offense that works", all those offensive records from Tulsa say howdy! And that record for TD passes set so long ago by Pat Sullivan which was broken in 2009 is waving at ya too! Also, see StatTiger's "Notes on Red Zone Offense" from today. But before you see that post from Stat, let me ask you to answer this question:

Was AU's TD percentage better in the red zone in 2009 with Chris Todd or in 2010 with Cam Newton?  Was it better in 2009 with Chris Todd or better in 2013 with Nick Marshall?  (No peeking at Stat's post before you answer!)

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Though, Ironically, if it weren't for the drops/break-ups in the LSU game, he actually would have been, statistically, near perfect.  Funny, huh?

Also, ironically, if the WR's didnt bail out the quarterback every now and then, there would have not been a near perfect percentage to begin with. Which is the problem in saying "if not for the drops." 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I can't ever think of a time where you have critiqued the wr,ol,rb,hb as much as you have Sean. 

Everybody else willingly has their critiques covered. They're not forgotten.Trust me. 

1 hour ago, willieguns said:

I was joking... Malzahn is a one trick pony.  there is a reason he recruits every African American QB worth a flip every year.  His offense is so much more lethal when the defense fears the running QB.  Bobby P would make JJ and SW look like studs.  He creates an offense based on QB strengths he never had big time running QB's at Arkansas but he put up points.  He knows have to adapt to QB strengths.  Malzahn has not shown that. 

Recall AU's 2008 season and how pathetic that offense was? How many if not most AU fans (including me) did not ever want to see Chris Todd take the field as an AU QB again? How about how Malzahn went to Tulsa and along with Herb Hand (under the direction of Todd Graham) set the NCAA offensive world on fire with a statue at QB? 5000 yards passing and two (!!) 1000 yard rushers?

Gus knew how to adapt at one time. I think that Newton and Marshall may have essentially given him tunnel vision. And that tunnel vision and the resulting inability to see anything else may be why CRL is now calling plays.

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I feel like the only people who criticize bird are the people just mad because he actually knows what he's talking about. 

Some seem to be "Special" and don't understand basic football.

5 hours ago, selias said:

That's a dangerous throw without stopping to square his shoulders and set his feet. The end zone is only 10 yards deep and if the pass is a floater you're looking at potential INT. Eat the sack and take the points :)

Or throw it away. In the post-game interviews, SW said that's what he should have done, and I agree with him.  I think this kid is capable of learning from past mistakes. Example? Last season there were at least two instances where he did that Brett Favre thing and tried to throw back across the field and came up with Brett Favre results (as in the playoff game when Brett was in his last season at Minnesota and lost the game to New Orleans by doing this and throwing an INT.)  Haven't seen that from Sean this season...and hope not to!

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Also, ironically, if the WR's didnt bail out the quarterback every now and then, there would have not been a near perfect percentage to begin with. Which is the problem in saying "if not for the drops." 

QBs need to be accurate about 13 or 14 times out of 20.  WRs need to catch the ball 18-19 times out of 20.  Sean is afforded a few more bad passes than WRs are afforded drops.  He gets (and should get) a little more slack when he misses a throw.

Archived