Auburn-Ole Miss Score Predictions

logan adams

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Come on my friend. Cast aside any doubts and fears. The Auburn nation needs to shed the lack of confidence with this team. This has gone on for years with the "I am so afraid that the salvation Army is going to beat us." You can bet the bank that Carl and Monty will not put up with any attitude of any member on this team that lacks confidence to play every down and will tell them to sit their butt down on the bench in that they likely will have a fellow team member who will hit the field with confidence and a hunger to win.

I have played college ball for a team that was notorious for getting their butt whipped pretty much weekly. I was a walk-on TE for Duke University in the 70s. I got on the field a few times my senior season of which was awesome even if we were losing by 5 TDs. There was such a pervasive attitude from the fans and team mates. I was a 6"7' 230-250 players. I was in pre-med and only got 3-5 hours sleep for years day after day, week after week, month after month. If I had not ravaged my knee in HS football, I would have likely gotten a scholly to play who knows where. Back then, a major knee injury was a death sentence that usually ended in giving up football and other sports.

This team has something that does not come around often even for teams who are perennial contenders. Give them the confidence that they have earned and sit back and watch team after team fall prey to a hungry tiger that has not eaten for a long time. Adrenaline in the hands of a confident warrior will allow the warrior to strike hard and heavy each week.  

I am cautiously optimistic moving forward. Just don't want our guys to get in that mode of thinking they can just walk on the field and the game is over. That concept applies to any sport, and I do speak from my own experience. I do believe we will beat Ole Miss, and will run the table to the Bama game, but not willing to put money on it. We need to play with a quiet confidence and a bit of swagger, but not get carried away with it.

19 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

We need to play with a quiet confidence and a bit of swagger, but not get carried away with it.

I heard the Auburn team is going on the field riding white stallions and Gus Malzahn will ride Pegasus from Harry Potter.  I, myself, am a little more humble and will watch the game wearing a crown fit for a king and have Nova sitting on my shoulder.  Nothing big though.

In all seriousness, I agree.  We cannot afford to take anyone lightly.  Need to go into every game hungry to blow every team out to help our chances drastically go up the polls.

Just now, abw0004 said:

I heard the Auburn team is going on the field riding white stallions and Gus Malzahn will ride Pegasus from Harry Potter.  I, myself, am a little more humble and will watch the game wearing a crown fit for a king and have Nova sitting on my shoulder.  Nothing big though.

In all seriousness, I agree.  We cannot afford to take anyone lightly.  Need to go into every game hungry to blow every team out to help our chances drastically go up the polls.

That's right, put a good stomping on whomever you are playing, then talk about it afterwards if you want to.

4 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

I am cautiously optimistic moving forward. Just don't want our guys to get in that mode of thinking they can just walk on the field and the game is over. That concept applies to any sport, and I do speak from my own experience. I do believe we will beat Ole Miss, and will run the table to the Bama game, but not willing to put money on it. We need to play with a quiet confidence and a bit of swagger, but not get carried away with it.

Now this is what I am talking about my friend!

Auburn: 41

Ole Miss: 25

I would normally lean toward us scoring around 30 points on the road in Oxford. However, Ole Miss' Defense has really struggled to keep any teams from scoring, whether at home in Oxford or on the road. Their Offense has shown that they can score on just about anybody. They have done that at home and on the road. I believe our Defense will come up with 1 or 2 4th-down stops inside our red-zone. I also expect us to hold Ole Miss to FG's on most of their other trips into the red-zone. I do have a feeling we are going to let up 1 or 2 long TD plays from scrimmage. Again though, I like us to tighten up in the red-zone and limit the damage from Ole Miss' offense.

As for the turnover battle, I really have no idea how this one is going to go. I think we have a high probability to snag an interception or 2, but Sean might also let one slip away. I think it will probably come down to whether we can avoid fumbling the football in our rushing attack. If we do that, I think we will win the turnover battle. Auburn losing the turnover battle with a -2 differential or more, is the only way I can see Ole Miss being able to win this game.

War Eagle!!

52-35 Good Guys.  OM will stop the run or at least try to. 250 yards passing will open it up for another 250 by KP and KJ.  Defense will get a score. Rebs will hit us with a couple of big plays late to keep the score respectable.

I'm liking what Clay Travis had to say in his Gambling Picks post at OutkickThe Coverage:

In betting you have to learn to ride the hot hand. And when Gus Malzahn has got a hot hand, you pour on the steam and get filthy rich because his offense can't be stopped. 

This Auburn offense is rolling right now and Ole Miss's defense is roadkill, having given up 28, 34, and 38 in the past three weeks.

That's why our double blood bank guarantee is Auburn -4.5 and the over 63. 

The Tigers are posting 45 and Ole Miss is scoring 24. 

I'm not a math whiz, but that adds up to 69! Which makes the double blood bank guarantee also a panty dropping special. 

I am feeling 55 points in favor of AU in this one. 

45-10 if we start like we did against Ark. 

Or

38-17 if Ole Miss puts up a little fight.

I posted this in the incorrect thread yesterday.  Here are my thoughts:

I have read this forum for quite some time, but this is my first post.  I created a little different twist on the stats and used O vs D yearly averages for both sides of the ball, and then averaged those numbers.  I am looking for a 38-21 type AU victory.  Let me know what you think or if you see anything out of line.  WDE!

AU O Avg OM D Advantage AU D Avg OM O
Run Plays 52.4 46.75 41.1 AU 32 31.55 31.1
Run Yards 295.3 266.8 238.3 AU 131.9 141.45 151
YPRP 5.9 6 6.1 AU 4.6 4.9 5.2
Pass Comp 15.6 17.85 20.1 OM 18.3 20.35 22.4
Pass Att 22.9 28.15 33.4 OM 33.1 34.75 36.4
Comp % 68.1 64.15 60.2 AU 55.2 58.4 61.6
Pass Yds 198.1 210.6 223.1 OM 198.3 251.2 304.1
Sacks 2 1.95 1.9 AU 2.4 2.15 1.9
Sack Yds 16.6 14.8 13 OM 14.6 12.65 10.7
Sack % 8 6.65 5.3 OM 6.8 5.85 4.9
Pass Plays 24.9 30.1 35.3 OM 35.6 36.95 38.3