Big Cat OV weekend (Jan 19-22)

ellitor

3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Class act from a young man who will own defensive lines from the minute he takes to the field. You make me proud Calvin, and I speak for many other Auburn fans across the country.

Why is Rivals giving Calvin 4 stars instead of the 5 star rating that is correct? What is it with all of these recruiting services being all over the map with? Some of these services should be shut down for good and never to return.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

word. truth. Coach O has always been a great recruiter. I will NEVER forget how he talked arden key out of his official visit to us after a fillabuster of a visit at his high school. Stanford class is insane with so little room for error.

Stanford has become one of my favorite programs. They churn high quality football teams and do so with tremendous academic requirements. Their entire athletic department is best in class in my opinion. 

• Like 4

So, are we gong to end up four short of filling our annual slots? We are well short of problems with the overall 85 limit. Yet we don't have a place for the state's all-time tackle leader in Johnston or a fine H-back prospect in Lasater? Auburn chronically running below the 85 limit has been hurting us, yet we are going to do it again by choice? A chronic lack of depth at LB has been hurting us, yet we think signing 5 in two years ( that's assuming Taylor signs with us) is enough?

There may be some good thinking there but dammed if I understand it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, are we gong to end up four short of filling our annual slots? We are well short of problems with the overall 85 limit. Yet we don't have a place for the state's all-time tackle leader in Johnston or a fine H-back prospect in Lasater? Auburn chronically running below the 85 limit has been hurting us, yet we are going to do it again by choice? A chronic lack of depth at LB has been hurting us, yet we think signing 5 in two years ( that's assuming Taylor signs with us) is enough?

There may be some good thinking there but dammed if I understand it.

Even if we get Taylor I want Johnson and Lassiter (SP.) worse case both play as LB's giving us great depth and also helping us on Special Teams. Best case is one helps Cox at FB and one becomes an LB. We apparently have the scholarships available so why not get quality players and depth.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Why is Rivals giving Calvin 4 stars instead of the 5 star rating that is correct? What is it with all of these recruiting services being all over the map with? Some of these services should be shut down for good and never to return.

He had some injury issues at 1 point & Rivals dropped him as far as 63 in the nation because of it. He did move back up 15 spots in the end though to 48.

Is AU done with WR recruiting this year? Any others on the board?

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

Is AU done with WR recruiting this year? Any others on the board?

TBD. Chip may want 1 more.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

We may have them locked up. Like I said there are valued people who feel we have. I'm just giving Stanford & Coach O some respect.

Stanford is one of those rare schools who offer both an excellent football program and world class education. 

Im not slacking on Auburn, but Stanford is a name that everyone automatically associates with academics. Obviously, he would get an excellent education at Auburn if he pursues it. Getting into Stanford, on the other hand, is an accomplishment on its own. 

• Like 3

Traivon Leonard from 247

Traivon Leonard has seen enough.

After officially visiting the Tigers this weekend, the 3-star cornerback commit from West Palm Beach (Fla.) Oxbridge Academy has decided with certainty Auburn is where he wants to spend the next few years.

“I’m done with everything,” Leonard told AuburnUndercover.com. “I’m going to Auburn.”

According to Leonard, who committed to Auburn on Dec. 12, Florida recently got involved in his recruitment. But after getting to know new Tigers secondary coach Greg Brown and enjoying his time this weekend at Auburn, Leonard said he is all in.

“I’m shutting things down,” Leonard said. “I had a great visit.”

*** Get free breaking news in the Auburn Undercover newsletter ***

Brown and Leonard met one weekend ago when the coach, hired to replace former secondary coach Wesley McGriff, flew to Florida. Last week, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and Tigers assistant Scott Fountain, Leonard’s area recruiter, did an in-home visit with Leonard.

Auburn cornerback John Broussard was Leonard’s player-host.

For Leonard, this ends a long recruitment that had many twists. He previously was committed to North Carolina and Florida Atlantic.

The 6-feet, 188-pound Leonard is the No. 149 recruit in the state of Florida for the 247Sports Composite.

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

TBD. Chip may want 1 more.

Heard anything about any pet recruits that he may be trying to sneak in under the wire, since we have room?

30 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Heard anything about any pet recruits that he may be trying to sneak in under the wire, since we have room?

huh?

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

huh?

Recruits that he was particularly fond of in this cycle that may have not been on Auburn's radar... like a "pet project".

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Recruits that he was particularly fond of in this cycle that may have not been on Auburn's radar... like a "pet project".

To soon to tell. We just had a big OV weekend. All recruiting reporters have been focused on that.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He had some injury issues at 1 point & Rivals dropped him as far as 63 in the nation because of it. He did move back up 15 spots in the end though to 48.

Is he now back at 5 stars?  I hope so. It seems like we have this to happen to us compared to the turds.

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

I hope we will be able to sway him to Auburn. With this being said, Stanford is an elite school and one that is very hard to get in. He must be an excellent student for Stanford to recruit. If he does go to Stanford, I wish him the best and hope he will get a great education. Just stay away from the turds.

12 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Is he now back at 5 stars?  I hope so. It seems like we have this to happen to us compared to the turds.

He never dropped on the composite which is the only valid 1 IMO.

Just now, ellitor said:

He never dropped on the composite which is the only valid 1 IMO.

I am curious for us to offer a scholarship to the DB that is only a 2 star player. I would think that we would hold our scholarships for 3 star and greater. Is there something going on that I do not know about with this young man?

WDE & WDC

7 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I am curious for us to offer a scholarship to the DB that is only a 2 star player. I would think that we would hold our scholarships for 3 star and greater. Is there something going on that I do not know about with this young man?

WDE & WDC

2 star means he was not evaluated by Rivals unless it's a kicker or snapper.

Edited by ellitor

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

WDE & WDC

What are you talking about, Doc?  We don't have a single 2 star on our board. Even our long snapper is a 3-star.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

What are you talking about, Doc?  We don't have a single 2 star on our board. Even our long snapper is a 3-star.

I saw this on Rivals. I think the young man's name is Leonard.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

He's looking at Rivals. Leonard is a 2* there.

Just now, doc4aday said:

I saw this on Rivals. I think the young man's name is Leonard.

ICYMI 2* on Rivals means Rivals really did not study him.