Big Cat OV weekend (Jan 19-22)

ellitor

Just now, ellitor said:

ICYMI 2* on Rivals means Rivals really did not study him.

Is he committed to us for this years class? If so, give us some information on him.

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Is he committed to us for this years class? If so, give us some information on him.

Yes & he has a thread

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Thanks my fellow Auburn Man!

5 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I saw this on Rivals. I think the young man's name is Leonard.

What are you thinking lol. Nobody even knows rivals exists anymore lol. ESPN is even better in scouting.

1 minute ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

ESPN is even better in scouting.

Wasn't on TD Moultry. They had him #292 overall to Rivals at #89.

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wasn't on TD Moultry. They had him #292 overall to Rivals at #89.

Well rivals has to get close to 1 out of 50 lol.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Well rivals has to get close to 1 out of 50 lol.

The truth is that none of them really keep on top of it anymore.  They lock on to their favorites and run with them and someone invariably gets forgotten.

Did some research, first time since 2011 we won't have a Davis recruit. I know no one cares, but just an interesting fact.

Edited by ClaytonAU
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Did some research, first time since 2011 we won't have a Davis recruit. I know no one cares, but just an interesting fact.

I CARE DANGIT!!! I care.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

That's ok... we reached our Davis quota last year.  If we got any more, they'd make us throw one back.

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

That's ok... we reached our Davis quota last year.  If we got any more, they'd make us throw one back.

Too bad one of the Davises wasn't Davis Webb.

12 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Too bad one of the Davises wasn't Davis Webb.

Was he any good last year? He just said yesterday that Auburn was very much in the race for his services.

Just now, thaitopher said:

Was he any good last year? He just said yesterday that Auburn was very much in the race for his services.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/550386/davis-webb

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

In his race, not ours.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

He threw for over 4000 yards at Cal last year.  If nothing else, he would have been an experienced alternative at QB when White went down with injuries.  

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

He threw for over 4000 yards at Cal last year.  If nothing else, he would have been an experienced alternative at QB when White went down with injuries.  

4k yards 37 tds and 12 ints.  sean, jeremy and jf3 combined do not have 37 passing tds in their career.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

It ain't over yet........................B)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

What are you thinking lol. Nobody even knows rivals exists anymore lol. ESPN is even better in scouting.

@GwillMac6 I'd also point out that Webb threw it 620 times in 2016 alone. White/Johnson/Franklin had 581 attempts in 2015 and 2016 combined. Different offenses, different stats. I'd also note, Sean White, even factoring in his ugly games while playing injured, had a higher passer rating in 2016 than Davis Webb. For a basketball comparison, Webb put up great numbers on the surface, but he was really a volume shooter, not an efficient one.

Still, the point remains White + Webb would've produced a much different (and likely better) season than White + Johnson/Franklin/Cox

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

@GwillMac6 I'd also point out that Webb threw it 620 times in 2016 alone. White/Johnson/Franklin had 581 attempts in 2015 and 2016 combined. Different offenses, different stats. I'd also note, Sean White, even factoring in his ugly games while playing injured, had a higher passer rating in 2016 than Davis Webb. For a basketball comparison, Webb put up great numbers on the surface, but he was really a volume shooter, not an efficient one.

Still, the point remains White + Webb would've produced a much different (and likely better) season than White + Johnson/Franklin/Cox

I really would love to know Gus' s motivations for not pursuing Webb harder. Seemed like a no brainer even when when he was being recruited.  If you remember back to that time, this board and auburn fans in general had much less confidence in White than we do now post 2016 season. 

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

It is possible that Webb wanted a guarantee that he'd be the guy. That's speculation though.

No. Gus didn't show more than a passing interest. He wanted a running QB.