Big Cat OV weekend (Jan 19-22)

ellitor

• Like 1

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Does The Dadevile Record published once a week count as a newspaper? If so, count me in!

If it doesn't take over a minute to read it, it doesn't count.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, ellitor said:

Have you seen something new on him?

Do you like our chances with Taylor the LB?  I hope we lock him down and get Lsu out of the way. Travis Williams hopefully will seal it for us. I hate losing an recruit battle to Lsu, Uga, Turds, and OM.

Guys, please keep the political stuff out of here. This is Auburn Football and should not be tainted with any political talk regardless of who you like or dislike. I and others will appreciate this very much!

WDE & WDC

(I lost my little Corgi Girl last Tuesday and I know she is looking down on us and telling us to pull harder for Auburn than we ever have)

Edited by doc4aday
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Do you like our chances with Taylor the LB?

Yes but Coach O can never be counted out in a recruiting battle til the fax is in, when he really wants someone.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

I think he's ours.  That would be a huge blow if we missed on this one. When LSU made a move a couple of weeks ago I thought they would be the biggest threat.  E said no It was Oklahoma.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yes but Coach can never be counted out in a recruiting battle til the fax is in, when he really wants someone.

I hope Coach "O" will have a battle with diarrhea on the backside to the point it will outweigh his diarrhea of the mouth thus keeping him out of Taylor's mind and soul. If there was an award for the coach with the most bull$hit, Coach "O" would win it walking away.

• Like 2

Does bammer have a "Big Turd" weekend?

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

52 weeks a year

We all should pitch in and have someone with creative artistic skills that can make a 30' long x 10' tall, a huge red turd decked out with rolls of toilet paper that have been tainted with brown splotches of paint (to look like it is used), and park it outside where the bammer team will walk past after we kick their butts in the 2017 Iron Bowl at JHS.

Anyway.....Back to the recruits...

Calvin Ashley from Rivals

AUBURN | It’s a rarity for a top recruit to commit to a college before his junior season of high school and remain loyal through Signing Day.

But that will be the case for Calvin Ashley on Feb. 1.

That’s when Ashley, a Rivals100 offensive tackle who finished his high school career at St. John’s College in Washington, D.C., will end a 20-month commitment to Auburn.

“I’m done with all of it,” said Ashley, who committed to Auburn on May 31, 2015. “(My recruitment) has been over.”

Throughout Ashley’s recruitment, he’s had several colleges try and persuade him from Auburn, including both Maryland and Florida. Rumors were rampant earlier this month that he would switch his allegiance from the Tigers to the Terrapins. Ashley quickly shot down those rumors, tweeting “I am 110% committed!! Always have been and always will be!!!”

“(The tweet) was very important,” Ashley said. “Recruiting sometimes is very stressful. I love Auburn … I love it. It's a great place. I love the coaching staff. So I cleared it up on Twitter. Since I put that tweet out, I was like, 'I ain't answering any more schools. None of that stuff.'”

Ashley on Sunday reiterated his intentions to sign with Auburn. He said he would not take any other visits or entertain other coaching staffs in his home.

“No more,” Ashley said. “Nowhere next week. (I’m) shutting it down.”

Ashley’s comments came after spending the weekend in Auburn on an official visit. It was his first trip to Auburn since the summer.

“It was great,” Ashley said. “It was good to be back with my guys and stuff, just have a great time and kick it with them. It was fun just to hang around with the coaches; it just felt good to be back home.”

Ashley spent a lot of time during his visit with Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand and primary recruiter Scott Fountain, as well as his player-host, Mike Horton.

“Me and Coach Fountain are very close,” Ashley said. “He's recruited me since I was a sophomore. We have a great relationship. And I’ve got a great relationship with Coach Hand. He's a great man. We can talk about anything. Outside of football, he's a great man. He's got a great family.”

Ashley also likes Hand as a coach.

“He's a great coach,” Ashley said. “He had the second-best offensive line in the conference. I saw the plaque on his desk. That's going to be No. 1 next year for sure. The bond with the guys is very strong. I feel like we're doing great things.”

Ashley will play left tackle at Auburn and plans to play the position early in his career.

“I'm trying to work very hard to come in and play early as a true freshman,” Ashley said. “That's the big for me. I want to make a name for myself early in my career. I know Coach Hand is going to give me plenty of opportunities to prove myself. I'm going to work. I'm going to come in working and try to earn a spot. I just can't wait to get here.”

Ashley will start his career in Auburn’s new offense, a unit that will be guided by Chip Lindsay, the Tigers’ new offensive coordinator. Lindsey was hired to take over for former coordinator Rhett Lashlee on Saturday while Ashley was on campus.

“Coach Lashlee, he's got to do what's best for him. He's a great man. Best of luck to Coach Lashlee,” Ashley said. “Coach Lindsey just came in, just talked to him. We've got a great relationship. He's a great coach. His background speaks for itself. I can't wait to get back to work here in the summer. It's going to be a great season for Auburn.”

Ashley will receive a final in-home visit from Auburn on Saturday before signing with the Tigers the following Wednesday.

It’ll be the end to his recruitment. Finally.

• Like 1

Ryan Johnson from Rivals

AUBURN | Ryan Johnson has two leaders and is getting close to a final decision coming off his official visit to Auburn this weekend.

The four-star defensive end from St. Paul’s in Mobile, Ala., plans a final decision either Friday or Monday.

“Right now, since I've been to Auburn and Stanford, I'm going to say Auburn and Stanford. Those two are definitely my top two now,” Johnson said. “Depending on how Texas and USC go.”

Johnson visited Stanford Jan. 13 and isn’t ruling out trips to Texas and USC this upcoming week. He has cancelled an official visit to Alabama the final weekend before Signing Day and said the Tide is no longer in contention.

He wants to complete all his official visits before making a decision.

“I didn't want to jump the gun or anything. I've got to go home and write down pros and cons,” Johnson said.

Johnson said he was accepted by Stanford Friday, which has made his recruitment much tougher.

“If that wasn't in the equation, then Auburn would be leading right now. It's hard,” he said. “Right now, they're pretty even honestly. They’re really good schools. I'm just trying to figure it all out.”

Johnson has visited Auburn many times over the past few years.

“It's honestly crazy because they were my first offer, and I grew up an Auburn fan,” Johnson said. “It's crazy how fast these two years went by, and they haven't really wavered. I always feel like a priority here.”

This weekend was another good trip for Johnson, who said he hung out with a number of players including Tre’ Williams, Deshaun Davis and Antwuan Jackson.

“It was great,” Johnson said. “I got to spend a lot of time with the players and coaches and everything. I'm just happy to be back up here. I haven't been up here since a football game, so I loved it all."

Johnson, who measured 6-foot-3.5 and 247 pounds this weekend, will consider several factors when making a final decision.

“Somewhere I'm comfortable with. Somewhere, if I get hurt, I can see myself there taking regular classes, getting along with players and coaches. Somewhere with a winning program. Nobody likes losing, so I've got to go somewhere I can win,” he said.

Johnson said Stanford coaches plan to have an in-home visit Tuesday and Auburn Wednesday.

Tyler Taylor from Rivals

AUBURN | Tyler Taylor has narrowed his list to two schools and will make his final decision this week.

Taylor, who is from Lanier High in Sugar Hill, Ga., appears set to play in the SEC.

“I think it will be between Auburn and LSU,” Taylor said.

Taylor announced his finalists after spending the weekend in Auburn on an official visit. Taylor, his mother and cousin arrived in Auburn on Friday and stayed until Sunday.

“I really liked it; I had fun,” Taylor said. “I had a real talk with Coach (Kevin) Steele (Sunday morning) and he was telling me how it was going to be. He wasn’t promising me anything, but he said if I work hard he would take care of me.”

Taylor and his mother trust Auburn’s coaches. It’s one of the things that has the Tigers in his final two.

“My mom really loves it (at Auburn),” Taylor said. “At all the schools, the coaches are really nice, but sometimes we feel like they are just recruiting. At Auburn, we really know that they are going to take care of us.”

Taylor spent time during his visit with Steele and linebackers coach Travis Williams. He also reunited with his former teammate at Lanier, Auburn freshman defensive tackle Derrick Brown.

“(Brown) didn’t really talk about recruiting that much,” Taylor said. “He said he didn’t want to put any pressure on me. He wants me to make the best decision for me.”

Taylor believes he will, and it is one of the two schools in the SEC West.

“With Auburn, I like how things are working out with the depth chart, and being so cool with the coaches. They have kept it 100 with me,” Taylor said. “Same thing with LSU and the depth chart. They really need linebackers. I would have no other choice but to play there. They’re not giving it to me, but they need me.”

Coaches from Auburn and LSU will make in-home visits with Taylor this week. Auburn is scheduled to visit Thursday, and Taylor likely will announce his commitment the following day during a ceremony at Lanier High.

“I’ll at least let the coaches know by Thursday right before I commit," Taylor said.

Rivals ranks Taylor, who stands 6-foot-2 and weighs 230 pounds, the No. 8 linebacker in the 2017 class.

• Like 1

Chase Lasater from SECCountry

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn’s addition of offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey meant many things for the Tigers. But its implications for 3-star fullback target Chase Lasater might’ve been even greater.

Lasater took his official visit to Auburn this weekend. He received his offer recently when Rhett Lashlee still was offensive coordinator. With the coaching change, Gus Malzahn made it clear that this would be Lindsey’s offense to operate. That means potential slight personnel changes for the Tigers.

Because of that, Lasater said he needs to hold out on a potential commitment — something he seems eager to do — to see how Auburn expects to use the fullback role during the Lindsey era.

“I’ve had the Auburn offer for a few weeks but I’d like to know 100 percent their intent and all that, but once I have that, most definitely I’ll be out here,” Lasater said on Sunday.

Lindsey and Lasater have a small relationship that dates back to earlier in the fullback’s recruitment. At Arizona State, Lindsey was one of the primary points of contact with Lasater, but those communications were minimal.

Lasater enjoyed the opportunity to meet with Lindsey and learn more about how the H-back will be utilized going forward.

“I was just wondering what type of scheme he’s going to run. He said spread and power, and I like the power with the H-back,” Lasater said.

The Auburn staff plans to visit Lasater in Jacksonville, Fla., early in the week. From there, he will know for certain if his offer is 100 percent committable and if the Tigers are the team for him. At this time, he certainly believes Auburn is his eventual choice, but he wants to do his due diligence.

Lasater was once a Michigan commit. The Wolverines are in the mix, but he noted he’d rather not play “somewhere cold.” Miami and Memphis also have entered the picture.

But his preferences aren’t a secret.

“As of now, I’m pretty sure Auburn is my main school,” Lasater said.

• Like 2

Austin Troxell from Rivals

AUBURN | Austin Troxell hasn’t wavered one bit since he committed to Auburn seven months ago.

And the Tigers’ coaches showed that same loyalty when Troxell went down with a season-ending injury to his right knee for a second-straight year in September.

“It was a big deal but I didn’t expect anything else from this University,” Troxell said. “They’ve been so good to me. They’ve been supporting me and behind me 100 percent. That means a lot to me.”

Troxell, a four-star offensive tackle out of Madison (Ala.) Academy, said his goal is to be back healthy for the start of Auburn’s preseason practice this fall.

He’ll continue his rehab this spring and report to Auburn in late May or early June.

“I feel pretty well. I got a ways to go but it’ll come,” Troxell said. “I need to be ready by the time I come down here.”

Troxell was in Auburn this weekend for his official visit. He was hosted by running back Kerryon Johnson, a former teammate at Madison Academy.

“It was good just being back down here at a place I’m going to spend the next 3,4,5 years of my life. I got to talk to the coaches and catch up with them,” Troxell said.

Troxell plans to sign with Auburn on Feb. 1.

yo @ellitor what you thinking for our Big 2 left on the board in johnson and taylor?

2 hours ago, autan said:

I think he's ours.  That would be a huge blow if we missed on this one. When LSU made a move a couple of weeks ago I thought they would be the biggest threat.  E said no It was Oklahoma.

That was true when I said it. Now LSU is the threat.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yo @ellitor what you thinking for our Big 2 left on the board in johnson and taylor?

Concerned about Stanford & LSU. RJ got accepted by Stanford last week & Coach O is a damn good recruiter as I tried to say earlier.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Concerned about Stanford & LSU. RJ got accepted by Stanford last week & Coach O is a damn good recruiter as I tried to say earlier.

man that is not what I wanted to hear. I thought this weekend it was all a formality and we would lock them up in a no doubter. Going to have to sweat it out. I would HATE losing RJ but I mean even I cannot get mad at a kid for going to stanford. Only at garner for taking a year off........

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

man that is not what I wanted to hear. I thought this weekend it was all a formality and we would lock them up in a no doubter. Going to have to sweat it out. I would HATE losing RJ but I mean even I cannot get mad at a kid for going to stanford. Only at garner for taking a year off........

Other valued people feel that way. I'm not the one to ask when you want sunshine. I'm cautiously optimistic at best by nature.

And CRG didn't take the year off. This is a 20 years worst crop of DL recruits.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Other valued people feel that way. I'm not the one to ask when you want sunshine. I'm cautiously optimistic at best by nature.

And CRG didn't take the year off. This is a 20 years worst crop of DL recruits.

nah not sunshine I want the truth but I legit thought the truth was we would lock them up this weekend. Nah your like the GOAT neihbur you keep it real as it should be. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

nah not sunshine I want the truth but I legit thought the truth was we would lock them up this weekend. Nah your like the GOAT neihbur you keep it real as it should be. 

We may have them locked up. Like I said there are valued people who feel we have. I'm just giving Stanford & Coach O some respect.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We may have them locked up. Like I said there are valued people who feel we have. I'm just giving Stanford & Coach O some respect.

word. truth. Coach O has always been a great recruiter. I will NEVER forget how he talked arden key out of his official visit to us after a fillabuster of a visit at his high school. Stanford class is insane with so little room for error.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Anyway.....Back to the recruits...

Calvin Ashley from Rivals

Class act from a young man who will own defensive lines from the minute he takes to the field. You make me proud Calvin, and I speak for many other Auburn fans across the country.