Respect for the office of President

TexasTiger

On 1/20/2017 at 8:24 PM, AUUSN said:

John Lewis was there.

3rd time you've been asked...

LINK ??? 

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Lewis is the enemy! Putin is our friend! Sean Spicer

TexasTiger didn't watch video, and therefore won't comment on it. Instead, ... PUTIN !!! 

Best coach in the NBA:

""I hope he does a great job. But there's a difference between respecting the office of the president and the person who occupies it. That respect has to be earned. It's hard to be respectful of someone when we all have kids, and we're watching him be misogynistic and xenophobic and racist and make fun of handicapped people."

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Coach-Popovich-unloads-again-on-Donald-Trump-10874455.php

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Best coach in the NBA:

""I hope he does a great job. But there's a difference between respecting the office of the president and the person who occupies it. That respect has to be earned. It's hard to be respectful of someone when we all have kids, and we're watching him be misogynistic and xenophobic and racist and make fun of handicapped people."

http://m.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Coach-Popovich-unloads-again-on-Donald-Trump-10874455.php

Indeed, if Trump were xenophobic, racist, and made fun of the handicapped, that would apply. Misogynistic ? He's put himself in the corner there. I can't defend his ' fat pig'  and ' grab 'em by the meow meow '  remarks. But the other stuff ? I don't see it. 

39 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Indeed, if Trump were xenophobic, racist, and made fun of the handicapped, that would apply. Misogynistic ? He's put himself in the corner there. I can't defend his ' fat pig'  and ' grab 'em by the meow meow '  remarks. But the other stuff ? I don't see it. 

Do you ever wonder why so many people do see it?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Not at all. They are partisan hacks that cannot get over getting whupped.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I see the Left attack Mitt Romney, among the more decent humans in all of politics, and cast the most ridiculous aspersions imaginable. And not just towards him, but his family as well. I see 100,000's of people march in Europe decrying Reagan as some mad cowboy who wanted to start a nuclear war, when in fact, all he did was bring down the Berlin Wall. 

The Left are masters at hyperbole and hysteria. 

I'm not saying Trump isn't deserving of some of the criticism towards him. I get it.  But when you have perfectly fine , civil and decent folks being painted as Hitler, then when an actual jerk and arrogant individual comes along, these wolf cries from the Left get even more ridiculous. 

Had ANY Republican won the election, there is zero question in my mind that we'd still see protests, violence ( under the guise of marches ) and outlandish displays of shock and anger. It simply is who the Left ARE ! That's their modus operandi . 

Funny how the group which claims to promote tolerance and respect for others show the least of it than anyone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

I see the Left attack Mitt Romney, among the more decent humans in all of politics, and cast the most ridiculous aspersions imaginable. And not just towards him, but his family as well. I see 100,000's of people march in Europe decrying Reagan as some mad cowboy who wanted to start a nuclear war, when in fact, all he did was bring down the Berlin Wall. 

The Left are masters at hyperbole and hysteria. 

I'm not saying Trump isn't deserving of some of the criticism towards him. I get it.  But when you have perfectly fine , civil and decent folks being painted as Hitler, then when an actual jerk and arrogant individual comes along, these wolf cries from the Left get even more ridiculous. 

Had ANY Republican won the election, there is zero question in my mind that we'd still see protests, violence ( under the guise of marches ) and outlandish displays of shock and anger. It simply is who the Left ARE ! That's their modus operandi . 

Funny how the group which claims to promote tolerance and respect for others show the least of it than anyone. 

So, based on the popular election results can I assume you concede there are more people in the country that are "masters of hyperbole and hysteria" than not?

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, based on the popular election results can I assume you concede there are more people in the country that are "masters of hyperbole and hysteria" than not?

* There is no such thing.  We do not elect candidates on a popular vote. 

But props in diverting attention away from the issue I brought up. I can understand why you did that. 

* Election of a President is not done by popular votes. Never has , hopefully never will. 

Edited by AURaptor

3 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

There is no such thing.  We do not elect candidates on a popular vote. 

But props in diverting attention away from the issue I brought up. I can understand why you did that. 

That's not even weaseling.  It's pure delusion.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's not even weaseling.  It's pure delusion.

Did I trigger ? OMG.... sorry Homer, it's the truth. 

See, this is an example of why you just don't get it.  You CLEARLY wanted to point to the large march attendance as some sort of proof, that some how our Nov 8th election wasn't valid, or genuine, when in fact, it absolutely was.  Because THAT IS HOW CIVILIZED , free nations work. NOT by crowding streets, making demands and then trashing private / public property. 

Edited by AURaptor

4 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Did I trigger ? OMG.... sorry Homer, it's the truth. 

"There is no such thing as the popular vote" is the truth?    :rolleyes:

What a perfect example of 'newspeak'.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"There is no such thing as the popular vote" is the truth?    :rolleyes:

What a perfect example of 'newspeak'.

How is that 'newspeak ' ? Popular vote is 'newspeak', as it has no legitimate, valid role in how we elect a President. And yes, I did say earlier ' candidate ', but in the context of this thread, it should be known I wasn't talking about ALL elections. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Not at all. They are partisan hacks that cannot get over getting whupped.

Many republicans see it. Many independents see it. Many neutral observers in other countries see it. I'm willing to bet your mother and grandmothers would have seen it. Any decent person should see it. Partisanship is a key reason many don't .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AURaptor said:

How is that 'newspeak ' ? Popular vote is 'newspeak', as it has no legitimate, valid role in how we elect a President. And yes, I did say earlier ' candidate ', but in the context of this thread, it should be known I wasn't talking about ALL elections. 

'Popular vote' is the talley of all the votes taken in an election regardless of district. It's an obvious quantitative indicator of relative popularity.  

And - obviously - I didn't claim it was the way we elected our president. 

Silly rabbit weasel.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Many republicans see it. Many independents see it. Many neutral observers in other countries see it. I'm willing to bet your mother and grandmothers would have seen it. Any decent person should see it. Partisanship is a key reason many don't .

I would also say that 40 years ago most Americans would have seen it despite party affiliation. As a society, despite our differences, we've had a more shared sense of what constituted decent behavior at various points in our past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

'Popular vote' is the talley of all the votes taken in an election regardless of district. It's an obvious quantitative indicator of relative popularity.  

And - obviously - I didn't claim it was the way we elected our president. 

Silly rabbit weasel.

Which has zero value in determining who wins the office of President.  It's like counting how many runs a teams scores in a World Series, but ignoring the number of games won. 

Anyone who mentions it is trying to imply that Hillary " should have " won, when in fact, she didn't. 

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Which has zero value in determining who wins the office of President.  It's like counting how many runs a teams scores in a World Series, but ignoring the number of games won. 

Anyone who mentions it is trying to imply that Hillary " should have " won, when in fact, she didn't. 

You are such a hoot.  :laugh:

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

You are a real hoot.  :laugh:

And you continue to display your ignorance for all to see. 

16 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

And you continue to display your ignorance for all to see. 

My ignorance about what? :dunno:

That I don't want to talk about the same thing you do? 

You keep responding to me with non-sequiturs.

If you want to make a different point about the popular vote - assuming you concede it exists - then make it.  But you don't need to quote me if you are changing the subject.

You sound like Kelleyanne - respond to every question or statement with "but we won the election"...    

Edited by homersapien

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

My ignorance about what? :dunno:

That I don't want to talk about the same thing you do? 

You keep responding to me with non-sequiturs.

If you want to make a different point about the popular vote - assuming you concede it exists - then make it.  But you don't need to quote me if you are changing the subject.

You sound like Kelleyanne - respond to every question or statement with "but we won the election"...    

I don't respond to you in non sequiturs. You keep posting nonsense, and others do about the " popular vote ". I'm so damn sick of hearing about this NON issue ! 

This is who you support

C2pliTwXgAEg3OD.jpg-large-620x292.jpg