Respect for the office of President

TexasTiger

I have more respect for Obama than ever before. Regardless of his positions, he had class, he acted professionally, and he treated his high position with the due diligence that it deserved. The people that think we scraped the bottom of the barrel with him are in for an unpleasant surprise. Trump has already endured more scandals since being elected than Obama ever experienced throughout his eight years. And I expect the trend to continue. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 4

I'm glad John Lewis "whined" back in the day....who knows where I'd be? Without opportunity because I'd be labeled as having an inferior mind

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's stuff like this, you say you don't care one way or the other but you will go out of your way to make pretend nobody disrespected the office with Obama was president

I did no such thing. I just used a comparison. There are a lot of people who disrespected the Obama presidency. Show me one where a president or his office wasn't. 

Edited by autigeremt

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm glad John Lewis "whined" back in the day....who knows where I'd be? Without opportunity because I'd be labeled as having an inferior mind

He is a hero for the work that he did. 

18 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

About as many as those who questioned GWBs service during his time in the Air National Guard. Not nearly as many as the media would like for you to believe.

That's a ridiculous comparison. Our current President built his political career on it.

3 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Suddenly the standards have shifted. Those who for eight years have not supported the president are suddenly calling for people to support the president. Trump now holds the highest office in the land. That responsibility comes with a certain set of standards. His behavior thus far hasn't lived up to what a POTUS should be. But instead of people calling him out on his bad behavior, we are told to "give him a chance." I will as soon as he acts like a president and not a toddler. 

I find you to be a very angry.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

That's a ridiculous comparison. Our current President built his political career on it.

Expected nothing less. 

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Expected nothing less. 

Glad you expected the truth. President Trump lied for 5 years about the then President's very citizenship and was rewarded with the Presidency-- you vote for him?

• Like 1

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Glad you expected the truth. President Trump lied for 5 years about the then President's very citizenship and was rewarded with the Presidency-- you vote for him?

Hell No! You obviously haven't paid much attention to the few posts I made in here in 2016. Once he won the nomination I bailed.

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Hell No! You obviously haven't paid much attention to the few posts I made in here in 2016. Once he won the nomination I bailed.

That's actually what I thought, but didn't want to search.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Has anyone on this board admitted a vote for trump? or the criminal hillary?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Every President since I can remember has been questioned or criticized about something. But none of those men went on an angry tirade insulting people and flat out lying about a person's work like Trump has done.  None of those men bragged about knowing more than the majors or generals. None of those men disparaged our intelligence community. None of those men sided with a hostile government over our CIA. They were men of character befitting a President. Trump is not. 

Edited by GiveEmElle
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I don't think most people I disagree with are racist. I certainly think you are, though. 

No, you don't think I'm a racist. You simply cannot come up with a better response so you toss one of your many "ists" into the conversation to deflect attention. This is the second "ist" you've accused someone of in this thread alone. C'mon, do another one, a hat trick is just one "ist" away for you!

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, you don't think I'm a racist. You simply cannot come up with a better response so you toss one of your many "ists" into the conversation to deflect attention. This is the second "ist" you've accused someone of in this thread alone. C'mon, do another one, a hat trick is just one "ist" away for you!

I actually, truly do, at my core, believe you're racist. Tired of tiptoeing around it. But why do you care?

45 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Are you saying you're not racist? I have a question, do you think anybody on this board is racist?

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

So you think that's why he won?

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Point out where I have insulted anyone purposefully on here.  And just because I choose not to frequent the trivial back and forth found on here doesn't discount my view or opinion in the least.

I would have the same approach if HC had won. I did not agree with her and believe she also had many personal flaws, but if she would've won, I would've supported her position as President and likewise hoped for her to be a roaring success. Yours, as well as the millions of others, blatant and blind patisianship is what is dividing the country.  

That's what dividing the country? Wow

14 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

So you think that's why he won?

It raised his platform and began the building of his core support-- that group was not large enough to provide the victory, however. When a race is decided by around 80,000 people across three states many things may have made the difference. It was only close, though, because HRC was a lousy candidate with even a worse campaign. It appears the margin of victory was Obama voters HRC couldn't win.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Point out where I have insulted anyone purposefully on here.  And just because I choose not to frequent the trivial back and forth found on here doesn't discount my view or opinion in the least.

I would have the same approach if HC had won. I did not agree with her and believe she also had many personal flaws, but if she would've won, I would've supported her position as President and likewise hoped for her to be a roaring success. Yours, as well as the millions of others, blatant and blind patisianship is what is dividing the country.  

Do you think folks oppose Trump merely because of his recently adopted party or his behavior and message?

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I actually, truly do, at my core, believe you're racist. Tired of tiptoeing around it. But why do you care?

Your opinion, no matter how wrong it may be, does not matter one whit to me. I just like to point out your 2nd grade tactic from time to time.

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

Are you saying you're not racist? I have a question, do you think anybody on this board is racist?

Who may or may not be a racist is not something I spend any time thinking about. You and TT call anyone a racist if he says, for instance, "Jesse Jackson is a huckster." That's not racism, it's being factual. I'm entirely equal opportunity. I'll call a crook a crook regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status or sexual orientation. That's not being some sort of "ist", it's being factual. Now, if you want to say I'm not at all PC, you nailed it.

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Who may or may not be a racist is not something I spend any time thinking about. You and TT call anyone a racist if he says, for instance, "Jesse Jackson is a huckster." That's not racism, it's being factual. I'm entirely equal opportunity. I'll call a crook a crook regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, marital status or sexual orientation. That's not being some sort of "ist", it's being factual. Now, if you want to say I'm not at all PC, you nailed it.

Congrats. You're now tagged as  ' racist '.