2018 4* LB Channing Tindall

ellitor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

you and me both brother. this ish is getting old real quick. 1 team with bama talent wise is enough to deal with. 

Yeah and we got to play them both. The talent in the state of GA is well above most states and it’s so easy to keep GA players at home. As someone else said, it’s like shooting fish in a barrel for Kirby. Seven five stars in one day is RIDICULOUS. Last year’s haul was bad enough but this years is awful. I hope that this thing catching fire burns out quickly or we are in trouble. GA is having it’s choice of the most elite talent. 

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yeah and we got to play them both. The talent in the state of GA is well above most states and it’s so easy to keep GA players at home. As someone else said, it’s like shooting fish in a barrel for Kirby. Seven five stars in one day is RIDICULOUS. Last year’s haul was bad enough but this years is awful. I hope that this thing catching fire burns out quickly or we are in trouble. GA is having it’s choice of the most elite talent. 

We are playing with 1 arm behind our back not being a state school. Kirby seems to really do a job of playing up the staying in state angle. All these guys become super close and they do a great job under kirby so far of the players recruiting for them with the in state kids. Our kids are more spread out so they do not have as close a bond as other schools.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We are playing with 1 arm behind our back not being a state school. Kirby seems to really do a job of playing up the staying in state angle. All these guys become super close and they do a great job under kirby so far of the players recruiting for them with the in state kids. Our kids are more spread out so they do not have as close a bond as other schools.

Totally agree. The main recruiter for Ga this year were their recruits that were already committed. They want to stay home and build something for their home state school. Kirby is a Ga boy. He plays those angles perfectly. My hope is he takes this talent and does nothing with it. If Ga starts consistently competing and winning this “new and shiny” thing will continue. 

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Totally agree. The main recruiter for Ga this year were their recruits that were already committed. They want to stay home and build something for their home state school. Kirby is a Ga boy. He plays those angles perfectly. My hope is he takes this talent and does nothing with it. If Ga starts consistently competing and winning this “new and shiny” thing will continue. 

that is all we can hope for at this point because they def have the top tier elite talent on paper now that it takes to win titles. You are def right. Them dudes that georgia already had committed were RELENTLESS on working on trey hill and others. I barely saw anyone recruiting for us.

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

that is all we can hope for at this point because they def have the top tier elite talent on paper now that it takes to win titles. You are def right. Them dudes that georgia already had committed were RELENTLESS on working on trey hill and others. I barely saw anyone recruiting for us.

This isn't new.  Heck UGA recruiting isn't new.  Lots of very highly rated (some over rated) guys the past couple of years in Ga.  They were always top 5-7 every year.  Remember the "Dream Team" year.  Turned out to be a bunch of thugs.  

Granted they are the "hot" team at the moment.  It will pass.  The greater concern has been FSU, bama, and Clemson's ability to get higher rated Ga kids the past few years.

32 minutes ago, corchjay said:

This isn't new.  Heck UGA recruiting isn't new.  Lots of very highly rated (some over rated) guys the past couple of years in Ga.  They were always top 5-7 every year.  Remember the "Dream Team" year.  Turned out to be a bunch of thugs.  

Granted they are the "hot" team at the moment.  It will pass.  The greater concern has been FSU, bama, and Clemson's ability to get higher rated Ga kids the past few years.

this feels different. Everyone is beating a dead horse talking about the dream team and they have always recruited well. Yah they have always recruited really well BUT NOT like this. This is next level. This is elite. This is saban and urbs and prime pete carroll territory here.

49 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

this feels different. Everyone is beating a dead horse talking about the dream team and they have always recruited well. Yah they have always recruited really well BUT NOT like this. This is next level. This is elite. This is saban and urbs and prime pete carroll territory here.

we will see.  You'd feel much different if UF had kicked their tale per usual on the field and if we have closed the deal the championship game.  

Goodness who would have thunk it... me talking GWill off the ledge.  You're supposed to be the youngin' that's always we are auburn we are elite... where's that GWill today...

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

But Tindall is from South Carolina...  

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

That's just it, Kirby is recruiting even better than Richt. Sure, Richt would have an occasional stacked class like the 2011 Dream Team class, but he wasn't putting back to back top 5 classes like Kirby is doing now. Richt recruited well but he would end up losing more of the top in state talent. Kirby is doing a better job of keeping the top in state talent and not losing them to other programs. 

https://dawnofthedawg.com/2017/01/27/kirby-smart-wall-around-peach-state/

Mark Richt had fair share of success on the recruiting trail, and in his defense, a lot of the elite players Richt had during his tenure came from outside the state. Matthew Stafford, Knowshon Moreno, A.J. Green, Aaron Murray, and Todd Gurley, just to name a few.

But there were too many times during Richt’s tenure when players like Eric Berry, Deshaun Watson, and Raekwon McMillan left the state and became All-Americans and future first round picks.

This is UGA's Scout recruiting rankings since 2010:

Richt's classes

2010 - #11

2011 (Dream Team) - #7

2012 - #9

2013 -#12

2014 - #8

2015 - #6

-------------------------

Kirby's classes

2016 - #6

2017 - #3

2018 - #1

1 minute ago, Auburnfan91 said:

That's just it, Kirby is recruiting even better than Richt. Sure, Richt would have an occasional stacked class like the 2011 Dream Team class, but he wasn't putting back to back top 5 classes like Kirby is doing now. Richt recruited well but he would end up losing more of the top in state talent. Kirby is doing a better job of keeping the top in state talent and not losing them to other programs. 

https://dawnofthedawg.com/2017/01/27/kirby-smart-wall-around-peach-state/

This is UGA's Scout recruiting rankings since 2010:

Richt's classes

2010 - #11

2011 (Dream Team) - #7

2012 - #9

2013 -#12

2014 - #8

2015 - #6

-------------------------

Kirby's classes

2016 - #6

2017 - #3

2018 - #1

But how many end up in jail before the season starts 

20 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

A much better DL too 

and the safety position... I'd say the only thing they have really dominated us in recruiting this year is OL... and we aren't finished yet there

44 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

But Tindall is from South Carolina...  

lol really? that is what you got out of that? I am aware. And the georgia kids as a unit recruited him. ferociously. That is why he was with them all earlier at the hospital when one of their signees had surgery. He really vibed and connected with the in state georgia kids. Really wish muschamp could of won this one. They def feel even worse than us about tindall. He literally is in their back yard. SMH trob and boom.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

we will see.  You'd feel much different if UF had kicked their tale per usual on the field and if we have closed the deal the championship game.  

Goodness who would have thunk it... me talking GWill off the ledge.  You're supposed to be the youngin' that's always we are auburn we are elite... where's that GWill today...

Kirby has sucked the bravado, confidence and power walk out of me. He took all of the joy and excitement out of what was really a good season for us. This recruiting class is a harbinger of things to come because you just know they are going to be so damn good the coming years. It is scary. I am not looking forward to going to our other house of horrors besides red stick which is athens. have not won there in 12 years. You are right. that sec title game we are going to look back as a big turning point in kirbys ascension in the college football world. We could of put a stop to it or at least a dent in it and delayed it. We had our chances that game. The score was a lot closer. Florida is not kicking their tale anytime soon. Georgia has a cakewalk in the east for at least the next few years. 

I think we will be just fine and I'm sure the UGA fans look at our recruiting every year and is like, how... they aren't the state school... they don't have as many fans, blah blah blah...  but yet we keep raking in top 10 classes.  

Keep in mind that we all laughed at bama beating their chests over the 2007 recruiting national championship. They've only missed 4 SEC championship games since. 3 of them were only because we beat them and went instead, twice they made it to the BCSCG/playoffs anyway, and once (so far) they still won it all. The way our rivals recruit matters, especially when them getting a kid they really wanted so often means we didn't get a kid we really wanted.

On 12/21/2017 at 12:06 AM, corchjay said:

and the safety position... I'd say the only thing they have really dominated us in recruiting this year is OL... and we aren't finished yet there

RB.  Ours is good.  Their's is and has been elite.

Archived