2018 4* LB Channing Tindall

ellitor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So Pettway, KJ, Mason haven’t been good enough for you?  

Good enough is subjective when talking about RB recruiting.  I would take Hollifield, Chubb, Sony, Swift, and what they have coming in this year over any stable in the country.  You put those guys in our offense and yes they are light years better.  I'm sorry.  Swift as a Freshman had 7.6 yards per carry.  Who knows what Pettway could have been but after Gus was forced to give him a shot he had one great year at Auburn.  I'll take the guy that blew his knee slap out and still passed Bo Jackson in total rushing yards.  I love Auburn and loathe UGA but the last elite back we recruited was Dyer.  Swift was the 33rd best player in the country. They go from Gurley and Marshall to Gurley and Chubb to Chubb, Hollifield and Sony to Chubb, Sony, Hollifield and Swift to Hollifield, Swift, Cook, and Zamir White.  It is an unreal run of RB talent.  Auburn has had Mason, Barber, Grant, KJ, Pettway, Barrett, Martin, and Miller. 

23 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Good enough is subjective when talking about RB recruiting.  I would take Hollifield, Chubb, Sony, Swift, and what they have coming in this year over any stable in the country.  You put those guys in our offense and yes they are light years better.  I'm sorry.  Swift as a Freshman had 7.6 yards per carry.  Who knows what Pettway could have been but after Gus was forced to give him a shot he had one great year at Auburn.  I'll take the guy that blew his knee slap out and still passed Bo Jackson in total rushing yards.  I love Auburn and loathe UGA but the last elite back we recruited was Dyer.  Swift was the 33rd best player in the country. They go from Gurley and Marshall to Gurley and Chubb to Chubb, Hollifield and Sony to Chubb, Sony, Hollifield and Swift to Hollifield, Swift, Cook, and Zamir White.  It is an unreal run of RB talent.  Auburn has had Mason, Barber, Grant, KJ, Pettway, Barrett, Martin, and Miller. 

Our running backs have been more important and put up better numbers over the years.  This year with UGAs talent and huge difference in strength of schedule plus strength of opponent defense and sure they averaged more per carry but we were basically equals on offense and went 1-1 against each other.   Yet, still our running back was the SEC offensive player of the year, 2nd team all-American.  Not trying to be smart or anything but I see zero logic in what you said. We have multiple backs in the NFL.  We lead the conference almost every year rushing.  Production on the field is what matters.  Let me pose it to you this way, do you want Byron Cowart or Marlon Davidson?  Everyone forgets KJ was a 4/5 star player coming out of high school.  Roc Thomas 5 star.  Jovon right at 5 star.   

Geez,  I guess we should stop playing the games we can’t compete should just  average the players on the rosters from when they were recruited and determine the winner based on that.  Would save a lot of travel expenses for everyone.  

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

Our running backs have been more important and put up better numbers over the years.  This year with UGAs talent and huge difference in strength of schedule plus strength of opponent defense and sure they averaged more per carry but we were basically equals on offense and went 1-1 against each other.   Yet, still our running back was the SEC offensive player of the year, 2nd team all-American.  Not trying to be smart or anything but I see zero logic in what you said. We have multiple backs in the NFL.  We lead the conference almost every year rushing.  Production on the field is what matters.  Let me pose it to you this way, do you want Byron Cowart or Marlon Davidson?  Everyone forgets KJ was a 4/5 star player coming out of high school.  Roc Thomas 5 star.  Jovon right at 5 star.   

Geez,  I guess we should stop playing the games we can’t compete should just  average the players on the rosters from when they were recruited and determine the winner based on that.  Would save a lot of travel expenses for everyone.  

They have a todd gurley we do not. We need one of our rbs to be a star in the nfl. Who is the last AU rb you can honestly say that about? They have close to 2 five star backs in this class. James Cook is a 5 star on at least 1 site I know of. Just straight up took a FSU legacy from them and it was pretty easy. I would take Georgia RB's over ours as well. L O L you named peyton barber in your argument? Listen he has got a lot better since he left Auburn but in the 1 season where he had 1k yards he had a lot of empty production against bad teams. I think 4 or 5 of his tds came against san jose state. It was so obvious Jovon was clearly the better RB than him. That is something I will never let go is gus pulling jovon in the ole miss and georgia games after he had gashed them. Nick Chubb in significantly more carries than barber averaged over 6 ypc and barber only had 4. Who is the last true home run threat we had as well for our lead back? Gurley, Michel and Chubb all are game breakers. Love Bubba and Kerryon but they do not have that in their arsenal.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

They have a todd gurley we do not. We need one of our rbs to be a star in the nfl. Who is the last AU rb you can honestly say that about? They have close to 2 five star backs in this class. James Cook is a 5 star on at least 1 site I know of. Just straight up took a FSU legacy from them and it was pretty easy. I would take Georgia RB's over ours as well. L O L you named peyton barber in your argument? Listen he has got a lot better since he left Auburn but in the 1 season where he had 1k yards he had a lot of empty production against bad teams. I think 4 or 5 of his tds came against san jose state. It was so obvious Jovon was clearly the better RB than him. That is something I will never let go is gus pulling jovon in the ole miss and georgia games after he had gashed them. Nick Chubb in significantly more carries than barber averaged over 6 ypc and barber only had 4. Who is the last true home run threat we had as well for our lead back? Gurley, Michel and Chubb all are game breakers. Love Bubba and Kerryon but they do not have that in their arsenal.

I didn't mention Barber at all but he is in the NFL.  Making a living playing football and has for a couple years now.  So how are we to compare UGA's running backs to AU's?  Anyway you want to compare them it's not close it's all AU outside of possibly yards per carry.  You could possibly compare Alabama's and Auburn's but UGA's running backs are quality players their production isn't what AU's has been.   

I understand we are in a recruiting thread and in a recruiting world and agree that recruiting is the life blood of a program but to think there is this huge difference in a 97 rated player and a 95 rated player is just not correct.  Just like there isn't much difference in a 88 rated player and a 92.   Maybe it's the competition they play, difference in being 6'1" and 6'0" or weighing 210 instead of 195.  I seriously think people fail to realize how talented a player is if he is in the top 500 in he nation.  

So either our coaches are better, better recruiters, or better at identifying better players.  Gotta be something.  

Who needs negative recruiting when we have our own fans...

10 hours ago, corchjay said:

Whoa there.  I am telling you which guys I would rather have.  If Chubb or any other back was ran into the ground like KJ then I don't think it would be close.  Chubb was 191 for 1175, Sony 131 for 948, and Swift 73 for 597

KJ was 263 for 1320

Martin was 68 for 429

KP was 76 for 305

KJ had 72 more attempts than Chubb. With Chubb averaging 6.15 yards per carry that would put him at 1617 yards.  It's hard to only look at production when the carries are not the same.  Auburn had 12 more rushing attempts this year.  UGA had 2720 yards from the RB position this year.  Auburn had 2054.  Thats a 700 yard difference with 12 less attempts.

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I bet UGA could've given Swift 15 carries or so in the SECCG if Chubb and Michel had been hurt.

Opinion vs facts.  The facts are our running backs have out performed theirs on a consistent basis.  The fact is although they have had more consistent seasons(alot of that had to do with them in the East and us in the West) we have had more great seasons in the past few years.  We are like polar opposites.  They are all hype, we just keep doing our thing.  Sure it would have been great if both of our top running backs weren't out or injured in the championship game.  But even with the ultra talented Michel behind Chubb he has had 726 carries in his career.  You talk about running a running back into the ground especially after having an "almost" career-ending injury. 

14 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Opinion vs facts.  The facts are our running backs have out performed theirs on a consistent basis.  The fact is although they have had more consistent seasons(alot of that had to do with them in the East and us in the West) we have had more great seasons in the past few years.  We are like polar opposites.  They are all hype, we just keep doing our thing.  Sure it would have been great if both of our top running backs weren't out or injured in the championship game.  But even with the ultra talented Michel behind Chubb he has had 726 carries in his career.  You talk about running a running back into the ground especially after having an "almost" career-ending injury. 

Huh? Which year did Chubb have 250 carries, much less 263? Remember, KJ did that while missing 2 entire games.

Chubb's injury clearly didn't affect his ability to run this season. Kerryon Johnson's injuries each of the last two seasons- like Sean White's injuries the previous two seasons- clearly did affect his ability to play. And we played him anyway.

What about those 700 yard North GA mentioned? How are our RBs outperforming theirs?

And what does any of your post have to do with whether or not Georgia would have been able to give Swift 15 carries if their two lead guys went down? Clearly it's a matter of opinion. What's yours? 

Can yall not consolidate this same tired argument into one thread and leave it there?

Kerryon and our coaches all did wonderful things last year with what they had available. End of story. 

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Can yall not consolidate this same tired argument into one thread and leave it there?

Kerryon and our coaches all did wonderful things last year with what they had available. End of story. 

That would've worked if you wouldn't have added your own opinion, which a lot of us obviously and vehemently disagree with and which is absolutely not the end of the story. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That would've worked if you wouldn't have added your own opinion, which a lot of us obviously and vehemently disagree with and which is absolutely not the end of the story. 

You’re triggered, dude.

My opinion didn’t provoke a tired argument into spreading like wild fire into other threads. 

And I don’t care who disagrees with my opinion. I’m not the one bellyaching over it.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

You’re triggered, dude.

My opinion didn’t provoke a tired argument into spreading like wild fire into other threads. 

And I don’t care who disagrees with my opinion. I’m not the one bellyaching over it.

I'm not triggered. 

If the argument is tired, then why join in? 

You're not the one bellyaching? 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I blindly click tbe newest post and see tbe same topic on different threads and that’s annoying. I have tried to entertain the topic as long as I can, but enough is enough. Unless you can show me arguing over KJ’s carries or our RBs in this thread, shove off.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I blindly click tbe newest post and see tbe same topic on different threads and that’s annoying. I have tried to entertain the topic as long as I can, but enough is enough. Unless you can show me arguing over KJ’s carries or our RBs in this thread, shove off.

I'll do you one better, kid. 

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not triggered. 

You're not the one bellyaching? 

Am I the one bellyaching?  I seem pretty happy with our current RB performance and recruiting.  Some aren't.  

I think we are gonna have to just agree to disagree on the running back discussion.  You could have probably gotten me with TEs, LBs, maybe even DBs but not Running backs.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Am I the one bellyaching?  I seem pretty happy with our current RB performance and recruiting.  Some aren't.  

No, you are definitely not the one bellyaching. We disagree on some things, as you said, but you're offering and supporting a very valid stance. 

I wish we could have landed Teague, but I'm extremely excited about Shivers and Martin. 

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

There is nothing to back this statement up.  Swift had the same amount of carries as Pettway this year.  Not even close in numbers.  Look at attempts and yards per attempt and then tell me we out perform their guys every year.  We are not close.  It is the difference in elite backs vs good backs.  Your stance is like saying the guy who threw for 2000 yards with 900 attempts is far superior than the guy who threw for 1900 yards with 450 attempts.

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

There is nothing to back this statement up.  Swift had the same amount of carries as Pettway this year.  Not even close in numbers.  Look at attempts and yards per attempt and then tell me we out perform their guys every year.  We are not close.  It is the difference in elite backs vs good backs.

We have been talking about Running Backs... not just this year or this recruiting cycle.  We have been discussing backs over the course of the past few years.  KJ had a better year the Chubb or their backs.  If you don't see that its on you because the AP, coaches and all voted Kerryon an all-american and the SEC OPY, same award that Tre Mason won just a couple years ago.  Current AU backs in the NFL are CAP, Grant, Barber, and Prosch.   Current UGA backs Gurley.   I can't help that UGA had to be so run dependent this year because of an inexperienced QB.  Like I said before if you wanna compare backs then you probably should be doing Alabama and Auburn because UGA just doesn't hang with those 2 over the past 8 years or so.  

I think you listen to way to much UGA biased commentary or something

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

I didn't mention Barber at all but he is in the NFL.  Making a living playing football and has for a couple years now.  So how are we to compare UGA's running backs to AU's?  Anyway you want to compare them it's not close it's all AU outside of possibly yards per carry.  You could possibly compare Alabama's and Auburn's but UGA's running backs are quality players their production isn't what AU's has been.   

I understand we are in a recruiting thread and in a recruiting world and agree that recruiting is the life blood of a program but to think there is this huge difference in a 97 rated player and a 95 rated player is just not correct.  Just like there isn't much difference in a 88 rated player and a 92.   Maybe it's the competition they play, difference in being 6'1" and 6'0" or weighing 210 instead of 195.  I seriously think people fail to realize how talented a player is if he is in the top 500 in he nation.  

So either our coaches are better, better recruiters, or better at identifying better players.  Gotta be something.  

Who needs negative recruiting when we have our own fans...

yah the guy who came AFTER todd gurley the guy who is currently tearing apart the nfl just set the all time rushing record in the sec is just something you choose to ignore by not just me by another poster. You got to be kidding me if you think our running backs have been better than theirs. Lets just continue to ignore them not just being good but historically good setting a all time sec record. No one is downplaying how good our rbs are. But our system for rbs is better than the talent of our players if that makes any sense. The talent of georgia's rbs are better. 

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

We have been talking about Running Backs... not just this year or this recruiting cycle.  We have been discussing backs over the course of the past few years.  KJ had a better year the Chubb or their backs.  If you don't see that its on you because the AP, coaches and all voted Kerryon an all-american and the SEC OPY, same award that Tre Mason won just a couple years ago.  Current AU backs in the NFL are CAP, Grant, Barber, and Prosch.   Current UGA backs Gurley.   I can't help that UGA had to be so run dependent this year because of an inexperienced QB.  Like I said before if you wanna compare backs then you probably should be doing Alabama and Auburn because UGA just doesn't hang with those 2 over the past 8 years or so.  

I think you listen to way to much UGA biased commentary or something

the stats and statistics of all those backs DO NOT MATTER TO RECRUITS. Do recruits even know or care who cap, cg, and barber are? (prosch is a fb not a rb and you know that. I am not letting you get away with that.)  You can add all of their production together would it even be close to that of gurley in the nfl? He is the star. He is the one who is making a difference in the nfl. He is the reason why zamir white the number 1 rb in the country chose them because that was his favorite player. Like I said our system for rbs is better than theirs. It is more rb friendly and any rb we trot out there will be able to put up stats. THAT DOES NOT MEAN however the talent which I admit is subjective is better than that of georgia's rbs. But there is a difference in a good/ really good back to elite one and it is obvious to see in comparing georgia to auburn.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yah the guy who came AFTER todd gurley the guy who is currently tearing apart the nfl just set the all time rushing record in the sec is just something you choose to ignore by not just me by another poster. You got to be kidding me if you think our running backs have been better than theirs. Lets just continue to ignore them not just being good but historically good setting a all time sec record. No one is downplaying how good our rbs are. But our system for rbs is better than the talent of our players if that makes any sense. The talent of georgia's rbs are better. 

Agreed. Our system is designed to make our feature backs stars with the amount of touches that they get. Also, the talent of UGa’s RB’s are better but they are winning the recruiting battles against us for Holyfield, and Zamir White, and others so it makes sense that they are more talented. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Agreed. Our system is designed to make our feature backs stars with the amount of touches that they get. Also, the talent of UGa’s RB’s are better but they are winning the recruiting battles against us for Holyfield, and Zamir White, and others so it makes sense that they are more talented. 

That is all I was saying and what I thought the argument was about.

Archived