Post a picture

41 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Very nice indeed..............yeah Habourview ain't cheap but its worth it. Wife and I lived in C'ton for a couple of years well actually it was Goose Creek. Some damn fine dining/food there

I went to see Phish there in October of 2010, my buddy from Chicago met us there. We went to a little restaurant near Folly Beach; and he had never heard of okra, much less fried okra. I don’t think he cared for it. 

AU played Arkansas that weekend, and that was the game where we knocked Mallett out of the game in the first half and backup Tyler Wilson staged a courageous come back, but we walked away with the win 65-43. Dropped 28 points on them in the 4th quarter, in about 5 minutes. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=302890002

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I went to see Phish there in October of 2010, my buddy from Chicago met us there. We went to a little restaurant near Folly Beach; and he had never heard of okra, much less fried okra. I don’t think he cared for it. 

AU played Arkansas that weekend, and that was the game where we knocked Mallett out of the game in the first half and backup Tyler Wilson staged a courageous come back, but we walked away with the win 65-43. Dropped 28 points on them in the 4th quarter, in about 5 minutes. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=302890002

I was at that one. Crazy ass game!

• Like 1

If anyone is in that town and looking for a fun place to take the SO, try goat.sheep.cow. Very cool, vaguely European vibe, extremely friendly and competent service, spectacular charcuterie and wine. 

My favorite spot is probably still The Wreck of the Richard and Charlene over in Shem Creek. Paper plates and plastic tables.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was at that one. Crazy ass game!

Yeah, we watched the first half at a B-Dubs near the hotel, chewing nails. Finished it in the hotel room. Chicago buddy, in addition to a Southern food tradition, also got a heaping of SEC fandom madness. 

Phish played a hell of a show that night taboot. 

http://phish.net/setlists/phish-october-16-2010-north-charleston-coliseum-north-charleston-sc-usa.html

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yeah, we watched the first half at a B-Dubs near the hotel, chewing nails. Finished it in the hotel room. Chicago buddy, in addition to a Southern food tradition, also got a heaping of SEC fandom madness. 

Phish played a hell of a show that night taboot. 

http://phish.net/setlists/phish-october-16-2010-north-charleston-coliseum-north-charleston-sc-usa.html

THAT ENCORE THO

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We’ve walked by there while bar hopping on a friend’s birthday. Stopped and took it in for about 10 minutes, not much discussion, and very moving. 

Was the crazy lady out there? There’s usually some woman ranting about this, that, or the other on the corner. 

She was there. Had a sign that said she had been protesting for 31 years and some odd number of days. 

I was surprised by my reaction. And it was immediate and involuntary. 

26 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

She was there. Had a sign that said she had been protesting for 31 years and some odd number of days. 

I was surprised by my reaction. And it was immediate and involuntary. 

What was your reaction? Feel free to PM. 

12 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What was your reaction? Feel free to PM. 

I cried. It just welled up in me. I knew we were going to visit there, but just being there hit me hard. The crazy thing is, I had t really even though about it before the trip. It really took my breath.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2017 at 2:03 PM, AUDub said:

Sadiebug, who until a few weeks ago was my middle child, and I got to have a daddy daughter day at Six Flags yesterday. She'd never been on big coasters before and handled them like a champ.

large.IMG_20170725_101824812.jpg

We got lucky. Everyone avoided the park because of the forecast. We didn't wait over 10 minutes for any ride. We rode Batman 3 times, Mindbender twice, Superman (her favorite) 3 times, Goliath (my favorite) twice. Also the Scorcher, Acrophobia, the Great American Scream Machine, and the Cyclone, which shuts down this week. Just tall enough to ride the really scary ones.

large.IMG_20170725_150436376_HDR.jpg

Proud of her. Not every 10 year old handles coasters well, and now she absolutely loves them.

Makes me queasy just reading about it...😬

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 4:46 PM, McLoofus said:

If anyone is in that town and looking for a fun place to take the SO, try goat.sheep.cow. Very cool, vaguely European vibe, extremely friendly and competent service, spectacular charcuterie and wine. 

My favorite spot is probably still The Wreck of the Richard and Charlene over in Shem Creek. Paper plates and plastic tables.

Then you would have loved my first apartment.........lawn chairs and paper towels😂

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Makes me queasy just reading about it...😬

Exactly.......still get queasy from the old style coaster at six flags 8th grade field trip.......forget the name.......cyclone maybe?

10 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Exactly.......still get queasy from the old style coaster at six flags 8th grade field trip.......forget the name.......cyclone maybe?

my first and I think last experience was at Pontchartrain Park in New Orleans when I was about 11 or 12 perhaps.   What looked to me like the worlds highest roller coaster and I tossed cookies pretty soon after the end .....my last ride....kind of reminds me of my only helicopter ride in bad weather. :)

Congrats on the young ladies for their courage. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you’re around water, I’d avoid the rocks for a while. Saw 4 on this rock/concrete culvert while fishing today. Couldn’t have been more than 20x20. Pretty sure this one is a non venomous water snake.

Saw about 6 more on the same body of water cruising the weed line. Which may have been juvenile moccasins.

uUQ2wTl.jpg

• Love 1
  • Sad 2

I hate snakesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss damn I'll have nightmares tonight...........................

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I hate snakesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss damn I'll have nightmares tonight...........................

At least you didn’t see them first hand. I’ll definitely dream about them, and I’m not totally frightened by snakes. I just know to keep my distance. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If you’re around water, I’d avoid the rocks for a while. Saw 4 on this rock/concrete culvert while fishing today. Couldn’t have been more than 20x20. Pretty sure this one is a non venomous water snake.

Saw about 6 more on the same body of water cruising the weed line. Which may have been juvenile moccasins.

uUQ2wTl.jpg

Awesome! That one looks hefty.

A snake only really, really scared me once. Was canoeing at night on Lake Martin and a moccasin started swimming towards my canoe. I didn't have a flashlight but the moon was up, so imagine the lighting for this scenario. Saw the thing from about 15' away, so at first I wasn't concerned. But he kept coming my way. I slapped the water with my baddle. Kept coming. Swam close enough that I couldn't see him over the gunwale anymore. And it was dark. 

Still not sure where the hell that thing went. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Awesome! That one looks hefty.

A snake only really, really scared me once. Was canoeing at night on Lake Martin and a moccasin started swimming towards my canoe. I didn't have a flashlight but the moon was up, so imagine the lighting for this scenario. Saw the thing from about 15' away, so at first I wasn't concerned. But he kept coming my way. I slapped the water with my baddle. Kept coming. Swam close enough that I couldn't see him over the gunwale anymore. And it was dark. 

Still not sure where the hell that thing went. 

Nah screw that. 

They also like to hang in trees. So if any of the Birmingham folks like to canoe/kayak the Cahaba...stay in the middle. 

• Haha 2

Back at it. Painting kitchen cabinets. I build this cool rack to dry them between coats. 

18964452-C445-4D5B-8E30-98BB27F813F5.jpeg

• Like 3

My grandson discovering the results of his caterpillar to butterfly kit. This one wanted to hang around and thank him. 

IMG950167.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

On 5/4/2019 at 9:54 PM, gr82be said:

My grandson discovering the results of his caterpillar to butterfly kit. This one wanted to hang around and thank him. 

IMG950167.jpg

I forgot all about those. Cool!

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

gsPHeBe.jpg

Thoughts with the overhang clipped?

mL6g6Yz.jpg

Really cool shot. Are you able to just take out most of the overhang but not the fringe and maybe just a tiny bit above that?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really cool shot. Are you able to just take out most of the overhang but not the fringe and maybe just a tiny bit above that?

Probably. I’ll try in a bit. 

My 15 year old son is a really good artist, despite me contributing my “not good at applying colored things to paper” gene. He won first in the school district in soft pastels. Our dog, Sam, was the subject.

7BAF4A7B-EF43-4CC9-A2B9-448B05D18491.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 2