Post a picture

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

That's a serious gator....it's not uncommon to walk up on one of them on a golf course along the SC coast but nothing that large... that's really big.   I think SC wildlife and golf course owners try to keep the big ones removed....and maybe allow the smaller ones ….2' to maybe 7 or 8' to hang around the ponds to give the snowbird golfers something to wow their friends back in NJ about.  

Some of those tourist golfers are nuts.....apparently thinking they can walk up to a gator and the gator will run....which they do sometimes....but not always.  

Here in Diamondhead they remove all gators from Twin Lakes and anywhere else on the course............never see anything larger than 6ft.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Perfect habitat for them. Warm. Water. Beer marinated, slow food.

Got to close to me a few times while playing golf suckers are hard to see in dark water........of course beer helps my eye site or maybe it didn't

beer hold GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Got to close to me a few times while playing golf suckers are hard to see in dark water........of course beer helps my eye site or maybe it didn't

beer hold GIF

Walked up on a couple sleeping along side ponds in high grass/rough....not big ones...maybe 3 or 4 feet but scared me good when they moved when I  "disturbed" them.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Walked up on a couple sleeping along side ponds in high grass/rough....not big ones...maybe 3 or 4 feet but scared me good when they moved when I  "disturbed" them.   

I got one good story I was a member of Rolling Hills CC which was were CaddyShack was filmed. On one of the back nine par 5 my tee shot barely dropped into one of the canels. I walk up and used my 8 iron to get the ball out and frickin ass a gator was asleep two feet away.....................my ass was running so fast I think I burned smoke....true story

this gator had to be 20 feet long at least in my eyes ..................................I swear well maybe 8 ft

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I got one good story I was a member of Rolling Hills CC which was were CaddyShack was filmed. On one of the back nine par 5 my tee shot barely dropped into one of the canels. I walk up and used my 8 iron to get the ball out and frickin ass a gator was asleep two feet away.....................my ass was running so fast I think I burned smoke....true story

this gator had to be 20 feet long at least in my eyes ..................................I swear well maybe 8 ft

The scariest gators are the ones that are about a foot to 18 inches long....;cause you just know momma is somewhere close keeping an eye on them and you sure don't want to make her mad... 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Lol was in 8ft. Bass Hunter on a small lake created when construction of Interstate 10 near AL./MS. line........full of marsh as Pascagoula River trickle feeds it............was changing lures and had no idea wind was sending me into the marsh........as soon as the boat made contact I looked up and 10ft nesting gator runs across back of boat( imagine 6'5 me, 8ft boat, 10 ft angry gator and just how much back of boat there actually was) taking trolling motor within one wire of sinking.......my whole body went completely numb and cold.......literally thought I was gonna have heart attack at 24yrs of age.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

46 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Lol was in 8ft. Bass Hunter on a small lake created when construction of Interstate 10 near AL./MS. line........full of marsh as Pascagoula River trickle feeds it............was changing lures and had no idea wind was sending me into the marsh........as soon as the boat made contact I looked up and 10ft nesting gator runs across back of boat( imagine 6'5 me, 8ft boat, 10 ft angry gator and just how much back of boat there actually was) taking trolling motor within one wire of sinking.......my whole body went completely numb and cold.......literally thought I was gonna have heart attack at 24yrs of age.

You did a good job of almost making that a funny story but holy crap that is terrifying.

I walk my dog around and over a lake every morning, before sunrise for much of the year. I see at least one gator more often than not. But sometimes I hear them before I see them and that is not a good feeling, as you all have so eloquently described. The worst was going over the little cart path bridge and spooking one that was directly under the bridge. One minute you're just walking in the silent darkness and the next it sounds like there's a damned great white shark coming right out of the ground you're standing on. Pretty sure I'll never actually crap my pants out of fear because that was the time to do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You did a good job of almost making that a funny story but holy crap that is terrifying.

I walk my dog around and over a lake every morning, before sunrise for much of the year. I see at least one gator more often than not. But sometimes I hear them before I see them and that is not a good feeling, as you all have so eloquently described. The worst was going over the little cart path bridge and spooking one that was directly under the bridge. One minute you're just walking in the silent darkness and the next it sounds like there's a damned great white shark coming right out of the ground you're standing on. Pretty sure I'll never actually crap my pants out of fear because that was the time to do it.

I returned several days later and trolled the bank(at a safe distance) and in the marsh grass were several huge mounds........15 acres of water surface was enough for me to give them all the privacy they demanded 😂

• Haha 2

Great time at the RBC Heritage Sunday. My bro in law is a true golfer and it was a treat to let him school me on the sport while watching them play. Beautiful weather. This was taken at 13, where you can stand right next to the tee box, eye level with the ball.

• Love 3

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Great time at the RBC Heritage Sunday. My bro in law is a true golfer and it was a treat to let him school me on the sport while watching them play. Beautiful weather. This was taken at 13, where you can stand right next to the tee box, eye level with the ball.

Great little golf course one of my fav of all time to play. Love the small greens need to keep the ball on the right side of the fairway which i have always done just  need to get ball within 15 feet of hole and its birdie time

dot-b.png
dot-b.png

13HT.jpg

Hole No. 13

Yardage: 373

Par: 4

Handicap: 10

Key: The drive must be to the right side of the fairway to avoid overhanging trees on the approach. The hole is short but demands precision.

Click on the golf balls on the hole layout to the left for video tips from John Farrell, PGA Head Professional at Harbour Town Golf Links, on how to make par or better.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great little golf course one of my fav of all time to play. Love the small greens need to keep the ball on the right side of the fairway which i have always done just  need to get ball within 15 feet of hole and its birdie time

dot-b.png
dot-b.png

13HT.jpg

Hole No. 13

Yardage: 373

Par: 4

Handicap: 10

Key: The drive must be to the right side of the fairway to avoid overhanging trees on the approach. The hole is short but demands precision.

Click on the golf balls on the hole layout to the left for video tips from John Farrell, PGA Head Professional at Harbour Town Golf Links, on how to make par or better.

We watched Kuchar and the guy he was paired with both birdie that hole with long putts. Very cool moment.

And I apologize, the video was actually from the tee at 14. Gorgeous par 3, as you know. I actually told my B-I-L about you and how cool it is how you guys can remember the details of the courses you play. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We watched Kuchar and the guy he was paired with both birdie that hole with long putts. Very cool moment.

And I apologize, the video was actually from the tee at 14. Gorgeous par 3, as you know. I actually told my B-I-L about you and how cool it is how you guys can remember the details of the courses you play. 

I did not like 14th hole always hard on me with the distance and wind, sometimes, at about 190 yards from tips best just to play for par and maybe get lucky with your second putt for a birdie. Best just to take par and move on. I never birdie that hole

edit I can almost replay every hole I've ever played especially on certain golf courses. Not to be funny but I dream about the holes kinda weird. My wife gets so mad at me cause I remember all my golf shots but I forget other things

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I did not like 14th hole always hard on me with the distance and wind, sometimes, at about 190 yards from tips best just to play for par and maybe get lucky with your second putt for a birdie. Best just to take par and move on. I never birdie that hole

edit I can almost replay every hole I've ever played especially on certain golf courses. Not to be funny but I dream about the holes kinda weird. My wife gets so mad at me cause I remember all my golf shots but I forget other things

Well at least you remember the most important things..............I 2nd McLoofus..........I enjoy it when you tell stories.......... Gary Beck played rb at Auburn I believe around the time you were on campus.......I remember him telling me when I was a youngster he played for Shug.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Humbling

106CDBAA-04FD-4724-B29F-445B6032FD22.png

Never been there but would be a very moving sight to behold I'm sure. I need to go. I live 2 hours away, kind of a shame I haven't been now that I think about it. Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Never been there but would be a very moving sight to behold I'm sure. I need to go. I live 2 hours away, kind of a shame I haven't been now that I think about it. Thanks for posting. 

It’s an amazing place. It’s almost too difficult to put into words.

20 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It’s an amazing place. It’s almost too difficult to put into words.

• Love 1

The view from our room when we woke up yesterday morning. Celebrated our anniversary in Charleston. Harbourview Inn, room 402, worth the splurge. We slept with the gas fireplace on and the doors open.

IMG_20190428_062853.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The view from our room when we woke up yesterday morning. Celebrated our anniversary in Charleston. Harbourview Inn, room 402, worth the splurge. We slept with the gas fireplace on and the doors open.

IMG_20190428_062853.jpg

Very nice indeed..............yeah Habourview ain't cheap but its worth it. Wife and I lived in C'ton for a couple of years well actually it was Goose Creek. Some damn fine dining/food there

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Very nice indeed..............yeah Habourview ain't cheap but its worth it. Wife and I lived in C'ton for a couple of years well actually it was Goose Creek. Some damn fine dining/food there

Definitely not the way we normally roll but it was a very special occasion and so it was worth the money for sure. Might look for other times of the year when the rates might be a little bit lower to go back. And we mostly ate really well although dinner was not quite as good as we hoped. No problem, sometimes it's fun to just bitch about the restaurant you just ate at, haha. And we drank REALLY well...

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 7:54 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Humbling

106CDBAA-04FD-4724-B29F-445B6032FD22.png

We’ve walked by there while bar hopping on a friend’s birthday. Stopped and took it in for about 10 minutes, not much discussion, and very moving. 

Was the crazy lady out there? There’s usually some woman ranting about this, that, or the other on the corner. 

• Like 1