Post a picture

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Opposite end of the island actually but similar views because both are on creeks and not the sound or ocean. Will be down that way in a few weeks for the RBC Heritage.

I love Harbour Town some of the best golf I ever played was there................love it

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I love Harbour Town some of the best golf I ever played was there................love it

Those holes on the water are absolutely stunning

• Love 1

23 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Opposite end of the island actually but similar views because both are on creeks and not the sound or ocean. Will be down that way in a few weeks for the RBC Heritage.

Outstanding....tell us again why you are considering to move?   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Outstanding....tell us again why you are considering to move?   

Haha. Lucrative job opportunity for the missus + much lower cost of living + better schools + in state for NC college system + being around more "young" families.

That said... I texted McWifey this weekend that she might have trouble getting me off this island.

We'll see. Not many places in the Southeast are too bad this time of year.

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Haha. Lucrative job opportunity for the missus + much lower cost of living + better schools + in state for NC college system + being around more "young" families.

That said... I texted McWifey this weekend that she might have trouble getting me off this island.

We'll see. Not many places in the Southeast are too bad this time of year.

Understandable......interesting that much of the SC coast looks the same.   First saw that pic and it reminded me of the marsh walk south of Myrtle Beach at Murrells Inlet where about half a dozen seafood/pubs are linked by the boardwalk and overlook a creek and salt marsh.   Also reminded me that it's time to get back down there again. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Understandable......interesting that much of the SC coast looks the same.   First saw that pic and it reminded me of the marsh walk south of Myrtle Beach at Murrells Inlet where about half a dozen seafood/pubs are linked by the boardwalk and overlook a creek and salt marsh.   Also reminded me that it's time to get back down there again. 

My sister-in-law's parents have a place there and they love going to visit. It sounds awesome. But yeah, the lowcountry all looks kind of the same. Not that it is a bad thing at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So they redid the Hotel Clermont in ATL. Don't worry, Clermont Lounge still intact. Think Wes Anderson meets The Shining. The restaurant inside the hotel is dope, though.

You get a free PBR at the front desk at check-in.

IMG_20190327_185837.jpg

IMG_20190327_185535.jpg

IMG_20190327_195707.jpg

• Like 3

So they redid the Hotel Clermont in ATL. Don't worry, Clermont Lounge still intact. Think Wes Anderson meets The Shining. The restaurant inside the hotel is dope, though.

You get a free PBR at the front desk at check-in.

IMG_20190327_185837.jpg

IMG_20190327_185535.jpg

IMG_20190327_195707.jpg

@augolf1716 must be moonlighting as a front desk clerk.  On second thought, he'd never give his beer away. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How naked am I allowed to let my envy get??

Great picture....so where is the gator?   gotta be a few of them out there....

• Like 1

What we have to watch for... my side yard...forget the date...was about a year ago...did not reset the clock on my game camera.  But we see these guys pretty often including up on my deck. .

SUNP0007.JPG

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What we have to watch for... my side yard...forget the date...was about a year ago...did not reset the clock on my game camera.  But we see these guys pretty often including up on my deck. .

SUNP0007.JPG

Bears can be an amazing nuisance.

They are all over our little mountain town now....on the look for bird feeders and garbage cans that are not properly stored. 

• Like 1

State wildlife says they are harmless...just don't mess with the cubs.....so they just wander around and does not good to call animal control to pick them up..

Small ones are kinda cute....big ears and snouts.....and mostly they run pretty quickly when they come across a person.  I've walked up on a couple of them in my yard…..seemed to scare the bear as much as it did me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

State wildlife says they are harmless...just don't mess with the cubs.....so they just wander around and does not good to call animal control to pick them up..

Small ones are kinda cute....big ears and snouts.....and mostly they run pretty quickly when they come across a person.  I've walked up on a couple of them in my yard…..seemed to scare the bear as much as it did me. 

I wouldn’t say they are harmless. The biggest issue with any wild animal is when they begin to associate humans with food/lose their fear of us. If people will remember that no matter how tame they seem, that they are indeed wild animals, everything should be copacetic(for the most part). It’s when people think they can get super close/will do stuff to get super close to them, that issues usually arise. I have seen some amazing brazen(dumb) people in our national parks. Bears and bison can kill us quickly without so much as a fart’s effort.

ETA- I reread and understand what you meant by harmless...I always end up on my soapbox when it come to wildlife/human interactions. Apologies.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

SUNP0007.JPG

Whoa! Awesome!

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

They are all over our little mountain town now....on the look for bird feeders and garbage cans that are not properly stored. 

32 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I wouldn’t say they are harmless. The biggest issue with any wild animal is when they begin to associate humans with food/lose their fear of us. If people will remember that no matter how tame they seem, that they are indeed wild animals, everything should be copacetic(for the most part). It’s when people think they can get super close/will do stuff to get super close to them, that issues usually arise. I have seen some amazing brazen(dumb) people in our national parks. Bears and bison can kill us quickly without so much as a fart’s effort.

ETA- I reread and understand what you meant by harmless...I always end up on my soapbox when it come to wildlife/human interactions. Apologies.

We got harassed by a raccoon when we went camping at Hunting Island a couple weeks ago. Bastard walked right through our campsite at dusk and tried to steal the pallino (little white target ball) from our bocce game. That was after getting into everything the night before. (Not that we left food or trash where he could get it. He just snooped around.) Thankfully he had trouble holding the round ball and running at the same time. Had to chase him off. With the baby in my arms! Absolutely fearless.

When I went to toss our trash the last morning, there was a raccoon- maybe the same one?- and a cat just hanging out with each other. Being bros. Eating trash. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Nope….me and most people in this town agree with you and guess if some old person gets into a scrap with one of the bears then NC Wildlife will rethink their policy.   Big problem I think is there are all of a sudden so many bears they don't know what to do with them.   Babies under 100 pounds and biggest could be in the 400 pound range from what I've seen.   Big enough to cause some injury if you got a mon anxious about one of her young'uns.

My son in law works at the parks in Wyoming a week or so every summer and he concurs...people do stupid things around those really dangerous bears they have.

• Like 2

We got harassed by a raccoon when we went camping at Hunting Island a couple weeks ago. Bastard walked right through our campsite at dusk and tried to steal the pallino (little white target ball) from our bocce game. That was after getting into everything the night before. (Not that we left food or trash where he could get it. He just snooped around.) Thankfully he had trouble holding the round ball and running at the same time. Had to chase him off. With the baby in my arms! Absolutely fearless.

When I went to toss our trash the last morning, there was a raccoon- maybe the same one?- and a cat just hanging out with each other. Being bros. Eating trash

I can totally envision this. Like long lost bros from another mother(bromos maybe?). Anywho, we had a raccoon get into our cabin trash in the smokies a few years ago. Dude raked a freaking 20lb piece of riprap off the trash can lid to get to it. That was a rude awakening at 2AM.

• Sad 1