Post a picture

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nope….me and most people in this town agree with you and guess if some old person gets into a scrap with one of the bears then NC Wildlife will rethink their policy.   Big problem I think is there are all of a sudden so many bears they don't know what to do with them.   Babies under 100 pounds and biggest could be in the 400 pound range from what I've seen.   Big enough to cause some injury if you got a mon anxious about one of her young'uns.

My son in law works at the parks in Wyoming a week or so every summer and he concurs...people do stupid things around those really dangerous bears they have.

I was on a big fire in Yosemite several years ago. The park rangers would come through and do tent checks in the middle of the night, checking for food or anything “prohibited” items like toothpaste, etc. we had to put all of our crap in bear lockers every night. I put my tent in the middle...😬

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Nope….me and most people in this town agree with you and guess if some old person gets into a scrap with one of the bears then NC Wildlife will rethink their policy.   Big problem I think is there are all of a sudden so many bears they don't know what to do with them.   Babies under 100 pounds and biggest could be in the 400 pound range from what I've seen.   Big enough to cause some injury if you got a mon anxious about one of her young'uns.

My son in law works at the parks in Wyoming a week or so every summer and he concurs...people do stupid things around those really dangerous bears they have.

Grizzlies are no joke. A couple folks ended up dead the summer I spent in Glacier. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We had a spectacular sunset behind Melrose Mountain across from my house....azaleas finally showing forth.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Grizzlies are no joke. A couple folks ended up dead the summer I spent in Glacier. 

So true.......also extremely quick for their size..........when hiking we always hang food in trees...........never understood why it was considered a great idea

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

also extremely quick for their size

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Speaking of, I took this picture last year in Yellowstone. I think I already posted it, but....

BF0ED9FF-D66F-43F3-837C-D50C17CE7F8E.png

Please tell me you had a very long lens on that camera.

And yes, how does something that big move like that? It's hard to articulate, but we saw an adolescent in Montana, and he didn't know we were in the area- at a very safe distance, in a vehicle- and he was just chilling, but then he somehow noticed us and go spooked and took off running, and I was shocked by his acceleration. The hard part to articulate, though, is that you could see his muscles twitch under all that skin and fur when he moved, and somehow that brought into focus that basically he was half cheetah and half rhinoceros and that was the moment that I became truly terrified of this magnificent beasts. Something about seeing that muscle twitch, man. Yeesh. 100% instant murder. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Please tell me you had a very long lens on that camera.

And yes, how does something that big move like that? It's hard to articulate, but we saw an adolescent in Montana, and he didn't know we were in the area- at a very safe distance, in a vehicle- and he was just chilling, but then he somehow noticed us and go spooked and took off running, and I was shocked by his acceleration. The hard part to articulate, though, is that you could see his muscles twitch under all that skin and fur when he moved, and somehow that brought into focus that basically he was half cheetah and half rhinoceros and that was the moment that I became truly terrified of this magnificent beasts. Something about seeing that muscle twitch, man. Yeesh. 100% instant murder. 

It’s amazing what you can do with a good pair of binoculars, a support, and an iPhone camera. He was about 125 yards away, across a river. 

85884D2C-2A2B-4B92-9030-FEEBC14A1559.jpeg

• Love 3

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s amazing what you can do with a good pair of binoculars, a support, and an iPhone camera. He was about 125 yards away, across a river. 

85884D2C-2A2B-4B92-9030-FEEBC14A1559.jpeg

I tried this with an owl in my backyard the other night but it was a little dark and he was obscured by some leaves by the time I got the shot lined up. 

Beautiful birds. Gotta get better at shooting the birds around here. Lots of cool ones. 

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I tried this with an owl in my backyard the other night but it was a little dark and he was obscured by some leaves by the time I got the shot lined up. 

Beautiful birds. Gotta get better at shooting the birds around here. Lots of cool ones. 

It definitely  take patience and a willing subject. 

Story of of my life?😬

• Haha 1

That grizzly  could probably eat our little bears as a snack....a golf buddy had pix of 4 bears in his yard from last week.....three were young'uns....yearling or two years old maybe with mom still keeping an eye on them while they raided my friends bird feeders. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

ql9dHXG.jpg

First glance made me think of someone climbing over prison wall and landing on their back😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My job is always interesting. I never know what kind of cool stuff I’ll see.

824B4FFA-A986-4E60-86F0-C332CADB1759.jpeg

6DEDCCC5-0F5D-498D-B9B1-5E59F808145F.jpeg

52697A91-154C-4088-A843-58B2FA772D8C.jpeg

That dude looks meaty. 

What's your mode of transport??

• Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 8:41 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

Speaking of, I took this picture last year in Yellowstone. I think I already posted it, but....

BF0ED9FF-D66F-43F3-837C-D50C17CE7F8E.png

I know first hand how fast grizzlies are............when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 I 99% percent of the time when attacked I have my throat ripped out before I have a chance to draw my bolt action rifle 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That dude looks meaty. 

What's your mode of transport??

Super meaty. Bout lebm foot.

We were in a surface drive boat. With a “mud motor”. Wish I knew how to post a video...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

We were in a surface drive boat. With a “mud motor”. Wish I knew how to post a video...

Upload it to youtube as an unlisted video and post the link here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My job is always interesting. I never know what kind of cool stuff I’ll see.

824B4FFA-A986-4E60-86F0-C332CADB1759.jpeg

6DEDCCC5-0F5D-498D-B9B1-5E59F808145F.jpeg

52697A91-154C-4088-A843-58B2FA772D8C.jpeg

Gators are surprisingly quick........walked nearly on top of one wading in the marsh bass fishing in the early 90's...........things I did when young

9 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Lebm foot! I'm going to start looking for things that measure 11 anything just so I can say lebm. Hey, I wear a size lebm! Today just got lebmnty percent better.

Damn, that sounds like a fun day at the office.

Meant to say, that first picture of the bus is gorgeous. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lebm foot! I'm going to start looking for things that measure 11 anything just so I can say lebm. Hey, I wear a size lebm! Today just got lebmnty percent better.

Damn, that sounds like a fun day at the office.

Meant to say, that first picture of the bus is gorgeous. 

I am always looking for opportunities to use stuff like that. I’m down like a Cadillac in four flats.

Here is our mode of transportation.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Gators are surprisingly quick........walked nearly on top of one wading in the marsh bass fishing in the early 90's...........things I did when young

That's a serious gator....it's not uncommon to walk up on one of them on a golf course along the SC coast but nothing that large... that's really big.   I think SC wildlife and golf course owners try to keep the big ones removed....and maybe allow the smaller ones ….2' to maybe 7 or 8' to hang around the ponds to give the snowbird golfers something to wow their friends back in NJ about.  

Some of those tourist golfers are nuts.....apparently thinking they can walk up to a gator and the gator will run....which they do sometimes....but not always.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

That's a serious gator....it's not uncommon to walk up on one of them on a golf course along the SC coast but nothing that large... that's really big.   I think SC wildlife and golf course owners try to keep the big ones removed....and maybe allow the smaller ones ….2' to maybe 7 or 8' to hang around the ponds to give the snowbird golfers something to wow their friends back in NJ about.  

Some of those tourist golfers are nuts.....apparently thinking they can walk up to a gator and the gator will run....which they do sometimes....but not always.  

Gators are on 80%  of the golf courses in Fl. and damn big