Post a picture

Not necessarily a picture, but the link takes you to a first hand look at the Gatlinburg fire in 2016. Shows the daring evacuation down the mountain during the fire. Didn't want to start a new thread for it. 

BEWARE: It does have some language as you would expect being close to death.

On a side note, spaghettimodels.com is a great site to go to, to get more looks at the current weather landscape. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Thanks, brother. We're crazy lucky.

Very cute. I'd say crazy blessed as well. That pic must be how my wife and I look watching Auburn play. I'm the animated excited one and she is the calm and cool one reminding me that's it's just a game. :)

• Haha 1

Three of my college grand kiddies...two on the left are twins....for perspective, the one in the middle is 6'5. 

Great kids but pity their dad with three in college at the same time. .

image.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 6/16/2019 at 7:47 AM, AU64 said:

Thanks....and October in the mountains yesterday...………...60 in the morning, skies were deep Carolina blue and very low humidity....all of which should have made for a great golf game......NOT.....could not make a putt but some great weather for this time of year....

Thanks for the coastal picture...makes me homesick for the gulf coast.. 

A quick stroll in this high humidity and 90 degree temps and those lovely mosquitos will make you homesick for the Carolinas again.........trust me😂😂.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kevon67 said:

A quick stroll in this high humidity and 90 degree temps and those lovely mosquitos will make you homesick for the Carolinas again.........trust me😂😂.

Fact.

• Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Fact.

I grew up on the Gulf Coast and never like skeeters or "no see-ums"  but the heat and humidity never bothered me too much...and we do have some of that around here too.....only in the foothills at about 2000 feet which has nice weather blend.     But you can't beat the fragrance of the coastal marshes.....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I grew up on the Gulf Coast and never like skeeters or "no see-ums"  but the heat and humidity never bothered me too much...and we do have some of that around here too.....only in the foothills at about 2000 feet which has nice weather blend.     But you can't beat the fragrance of the coastal marshes.....

Sometimes I'm envious and other times I'm not of people who grow up in very specific places such as coastal areas. I can imagine that you don't ever really stop missing it.

As a transplant to this area, I never get tired of the trappings of the area but this time of year I am preoccupied with the heat, humidity and bugs. Of course, that's also true in places like Atlanta and Auburn. And, at least on the island, it's easier to find a breeze. And some water to jump into. 

It just seems unfair that the sand gnats/no see-ums favor the shade! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

I hate those suckers........................................I mean really really hate them but I guess I'm being too picky...........right 64  :cool::poke:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

Orrrrrrr the fragrance of the pogey plant mmmmmmm😂

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Sometimes I'm envious and other times I'm not of people who grow up in very specific places such as coastal areas. I can imagine that you don't ever really stop missing it.

As a transplant to this area, I never get tired of the trappings of the area but this time of year I am preoccupied with the heat, humidity and bugs. Of course, that's also true in places like Atlanta and Auburn. And, at least on the island, it's easier to find a breeze. And some water to jump into. 

It just seems unfair that the sand gnats/no see-ums favor the shade! 

I envy those that live in Devil's Lake, North Dakota.........have always loved cold weather......even as a kid had little love for hot weather.........that money mom spent on swimming lessons has gone to waste.

Edited by kevon67
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Orrrrrrr the fragrance of the pogey plant mmmmmmm😂

That is truly something you have to experience to appreciate...😷😷

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That is truly something you have to experience to appreciate...😷😷

And with IP gone not much in the way of competition 😂

50 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

And with IP gone not much in the way of competition 😂

Back in my days at MP we could get them both together during inversions....wake up to that smell thinking there was a dead animal in your room. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Back in my days at MP we could get them both together during inversions....wake up to that smell thinking there was a dead animal in your room. 

River Road still beautiful........hell I havent been to Moss Point/Pascagoula in several years miss the people.......so technically you could say I'm homesick😂

Here is a video of my 15 year old daughter and her "baby" horse.  The horse is a Holsteiner that just turned 6 years old.  He is a beast of a jumper and one day in the near future he will be worth a phone number (it will never add up to how much I've spent on horses though 😮)!  These jumps are 1.2m high which is a couple of inches short of 4".  My daughter makes a mistake at the end and her trainer is not happy.

• Like 1

Been traveling a ton for work.  Some cool spots to share.

1) NYC skyline from my hotel

2) Footprints of the World Trade Center towers visible from a meeting room I was in.

3) Keanu Reeves on stage at E3 in L.A.

4) Beach in Hollywood, Florida where our convention was staying.

5) Giant pizza at an E3 after party (it's the size of a table).

6) TV show being shot near my NYC office

MVIMG_20190311_211244.jpg

IMG_20190416_145758.jpg

IMG_20190609_132311.jpg

MVIMG_20190618_133549.jpg

IMG_20190613_001742.jpg

MVIMG_20190311_121628.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Been traveling a ton for work.  Some cool spots to share.

1) NYC skyline from my hotel

2) Footprints of the World Trade Center towers visible from a meeting room I was in.

3) Keanu Reeves on stage at E3 in L.A.

4) Beach in Hollywood, Florida where our convention was staying.

5) Giant pizza at an E3 after party (it's the size of a table).

6) TV show being shot near my NYC office

MVIMG_20190311_211244.jpg

IMG_20190416_145758.jpg

IMG_20190609_132311.jpg

MVIMG_20190618_133549.jpg

IMG_20190613_001742.jpg

MVIMG_20190311_121628.jpg

Has Todd Howard won back any fans? Thought Bethesda owned the Fallout 76 disastrous few months pretty well..........Cant wait for Cyberpunk.......did I mention how jealous of you I am.😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Has Todd Howard won back any fans? Thought Bethesda owned the Fallout 76 disastrous few months pretty well..........Cant wait for Cyberpunk.......did I mention how jealous of you I am.😁

Todd got a great reception at the Bethesda press event (I was there too).  Fallout has gotten way better since they basically overhauled the whole thing.  They need Doom to do well this holiday though.

Cyberpunk looks amazing.  Ready to jump in on that.  And trust me, E3 can be a hassle.  I spend most of time going from one meeting to another.  Very little chance to actually enjoy the show floor.

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Todd got a great reception at the Bethesda press event (I was there too).  Fallout has gotten way better since they basically overhauled the whole thing.  They need Doom to do well this holiday though.

Cyberpunk looks amazing.  Ready to jump in on that.  And trust me, E3 can be a hassle.  I spend most of time going from one meeting to another.  Very little chance to actually enjoy the show floor.

That's usually how it goes with work...........I caught some of the interveiw with Todd and Elon Musk..........geeze his brain is on a whole nother level.........Been soooo ready for Cyberpunk.............welcome back👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Is Cyberpunk going to be next-gen or current?