Post a picture

41 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I see what you mean. That grass looks like it would be the devil to hit out of. :)

The greens were as slick and full as any I have ever seen. It’s called Paspalum grass. I’ve never heard of it before. The fairways and rough were not as manicured as it is a public,affordable course. But you are right. The rough, which appears to be the same type grass( mostly) as the greens don’t need to be very tall and it ties your club up pretty good. It’s not easy to locate a ball in that stuff. 

The gator is considered ground under repair. Free drop. 

Edited by alexava

16 hours ago, Tiger said:

It's been a while since I visited this thread. Lots of good stuff in here, as usual! 

I just got back home from vacation in Turkey and thought I'd share a couple pics:

Welcome back! Hope you had an amazing time. I'm sure you were sad to leave.

I want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for not posting food pics. I haven't had good Turkish food in far too long and I don't know if I could look at them without crying. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Sooooo good

I knew a girl from Chicago in Atlanta and she turned us on to Italian beef. I mean, I know the deep dish and hot dogs are great, but people should really talk about Italian beef more.

If you have an empty slot on your dining schedule, Rick Bayless culturally appropriates the HELL out of some Mexican food. Don't remember the names of his restaurants but they're not hard to find. Also, Ken Kee's in Chinatown is killer. They have duck beaks on the menu, but I didn't try them. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I knew a girl from Chicago in Atlanta and she turned us on to Italian beef. I mean, I know the deep dish and hot dogs are great, but people should really talk about Italian beef more.

If you have an empty slot on your dining schedule, Rick Bayless culturally appropriates the HELL out of some Mexican food. Don't remember the names of his restaurants but they're not hard to find. Also, Ken Kee's in Chinatown is killer. They have duck beaks on the menu, but I didn't try them. 

I actually enjoy the dipped Italian beef sandwich more than I do the pizza, and I love the pizza.  Had one sandwich at Portillo's yesterday for lunch and another at the game last night.

Thanks for the other dining tips.  Leaving the city this morning and heading to Milwaukee for the day.  Will have to hit those us next time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I actually enjoy the dipped Italian beef sandwich more than I do the pizza, and I love the pizza.  Had one sandwich at Portillo's yesterday for lunch and another at the game last night.

Thanks for the other dining tips.  Leaving the city this morning and heading to Milwaukee for the day.  Will have to hit those us next time.

Have a New Glarus or three for me. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Have a New Glarus or three for me. 

Just enough time in the airport to do exactly that 😏

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

More Chicago pics now that I'm back at the hotel.

IMG_20190723_194532.jpg

IMG_20190724_133047.jpg

IMG_20190724_163446.jpg

MVIMG_20190724_182205.jpg

IMG_20190724_183455.jpg

IMG_20190724_183408.jpg

MVIMG_20190724_191118.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder if you just travel to different cities to eat the great food and visit baseball/football parks...............................I don't think you actually work. :poke:Not that I'm jealous or anything

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if you just travel to different cities to eat the great food and visit baseball/football parks...............................I don't think you actually work. :poke:Not that I'm jealous or anything

Glad I'm not the only one.

But hey, somebody's gotta do it.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Glad I'm not the only one.

But hey, somebody's gotta do it.

LOL!  I promise I do work.  But often after meetings I get some down time.  NYC is a little different because I'm required to be there a week each month.

I'm actually in Louisville in a few weeks and should have time to hit the Slugger museum.  Can't wait for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

LOL!  I promise I do work.  But often after meetings I get some down time.  NYC is a little different because I'm required to be there a week each month.

I'm actually in Louisville in a few weeks and should have time to hit the Slugger museum.  Can't wait for that.

I'm eternally grateful for having gotten to travel for work for a few years, and I do miss it, but I also don't miss it. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm eternally grateful for having gotten to travel for work for a few years, and I do miss it, but I also don't miss it. 

During 31 years in Pharmaceutical Wholesale career I traveled a lot. Since I retired over 10 years ago I've flown once only cause wife made me. Don't miss it at all.

It had it good times I will say that plus the wonderful points/mileage

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

More Chicago pics now that I'm back at the hotel.

IMG_20190723_194532.jpg

IMG_20190724_133047.jpg

IMG_20190724_163446.jpg

MVIMG_20190724_182205.jpg

IMG_20190724_183455.jpg

IMG_20190724_183408.jpg

MVIMG_20190724_191118.jpg

Love the pics.  I was hoping to be posting some pics incredibly close to the action from Houston Astros, but my plans had to change last minute. Maybe I can catch a game this year. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 8:36 AM, McLoofus said:

Welcome back! Hope you had an amazing time. I'm sure you were sad to leave.

I want to thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for not posting food pics. I haven't had good Turkish food in far too long and I don't know if I could look at them without crying. 

Thanks bro! I had a blast! It was a much needed recharge. Man the food is sooo good. There is actually a good Turkish restaurant near where I live but it just doesn't hold a candle to the real stuff

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Thanks bro! I had a blast! It was a much needed recharge. Man the food is sooo good. There is actually a good Turkish restaurant near where I live but it just doesn't hold a candle to the real stuff

Glad you had such a good trip! Travel can be so invigorating. Exhausting and energizing at the same time. I really, really, really need to travel again soon. 

Really hope to get over there one day. The food is only, like, 49% why. I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexava said:

0C4F79CD-3072-4BD7-8DCD-24D11E47F247.jpeg

Dang, is that your meter? How many are in there? The guy reading your meter is thinking he has two choices here... estimate the usage of just freaking give you the water for free. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, gr82be said:

Dang, is that your meter? How many are in there? The guy reading your meter is thinking he has two choices here... estimate the usage of just freaking give you the water for free. 

Hell no. Timmy Horton Outdoors on Facebook. I would make a Molotov and drop in there!

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Timber rattlesnakes?

That’s what they were saying under that post. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

That’s what they were saying under that post. 

I joined a snake identification group on FB, and their information appears to be paying off. 

• Like 1