Need help deciding...

Jenny AU-92

I am trying to decide whether or not to join Tiger Forums and throw some smack around on the corndogs. I read through some of the posts today, and they seem like reasonble people (for corndogs). I also thought my having a half-breed daughter might give me an "in". :P

I know a lot of you are members there, and would probably be glad to have my back, but is it really worth my time?

JMO, but in general I find it to be a reasonably good forum as SEC forums go. The moderator, Brett, runs a clean forum and it is generally focused on SEC sports - with the obvious slant towards LSU.

I've been there for about two years now and with rare exception I've enjoyed the banter. I'll warn you ahead of time though....take a thick skin or your Kevlar vest because most AU fans are considered hostile targets of choice. There are a half-dozen or so posters there that really get-off on smacking AU visitors and not in a good-natured way. If you desire to smack back, I recommend doing so in the smack forum rather than the general tigers forum. If you're patient and display the same type of football knowledge I've seen of you here, you should have no problem assimilating with the regulars. Good luck.

I am trying to decide whether or not to join Tiger Forums and throw some smack around on the corndogs.  I read through some of the posts today, and they seem like reasonble people (for corndogs).  I also thought my having a half-breed daughter might give me an "in".  :P

I know a lot of you are members there, and would probably be glad to have my back, but is it really worth my time?

148042[/snapback]

I'd say "Go For It"........What could it hurt? Plus, having a Mulotto (Half-Breed LSU/AU) would give you a Foot in the door. War "BY GOD" Eagle

Dear Jenny,

Just because your hubby is a Corndog is no reason to expose your little one to the darkside. Please, raise her as a Tiger :au: (not the feaux version).

Neither of you will ever regret it! :big:

TF is generally a good forum. Just be aware that:

1. There are a few real a-holes there (unlike WEN :big::big: )

2. Even most of the good guys hate Auburn, and TT in particular

3. They are very sensitive to anything that comes across as critical of LSU, even if you're being humorous.

Don't go in guns blazing and it should be OK. My advice is just try not to get into heavy arguments with them (pinching myself). It's not worth the energy. Just ignore the nasty ones.

rickyd and TexasTiger are LSU guys who belong to both WEN and TF and are both good ones. They don't post much here but you might send them a PM and ask them for advice and they might even serve as your bodyguards going in :big:

Dear Jenny,

Just because your hubby is a Corndog is no reason to expose your little one to the darkside. Please, raise her as a Tiger :au:   (not the feaux version).

148057[/snapback]

Fear not, dear Timmy. Katie will never be feaux ANYTHING. She may be a daddy's girl, but she is her mommy's buddy!!! I spend more time with her than he does (no reflection on him - he is a great dad, but I have carpool duties!) so in the war of the Dueling Tigers, who do you think is gonna win? I have an hour a day with her trapped in the car with me - perfect opportunity for some brainwashing, don't you think? ;)

I am thinking that she will be saying "TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" before long!

Hey PT, thanks for the advice. I kind of caught on to the hatin' directed towards Auburn - man, they just don't know how to let go, do they? Unlike a few of the corndogs that post here, I would have more class than to go onto a rival's forum with guns blazing. I may jsut give it a shot...

But I might make my user name say something like "Ilovecorndogswithmustard".

:lol::lol::lol:

There's nothing cuter than hearing the Little One(s) saying, "Waa Eeeguul".......Everytime my two year old Nephew says it, it gives me Chill bumps all over.....freakin' awesome.........To bad they live in Seattle, Washington now :( .......My brother is a Big Auburn fan (played Rugby there for two years) and works with the Navigators on Campus........So, I guess that's were Caleb gets it from :)

But I might make my user name say something like "Ilovecorndogswithmustard".

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

148089[/snapback]

Oh yeah, that will get you off to a great start!!! :big:

The only thing better would be coonasseslovecorndogs or

cajunsluvdacawndawgs

I really think you should go for boudreaux'sbaby :big::big::big:

Fair warning Jenny...lots of kids over there. Very few are like TexasTiger etc. Most are like this:

AUBURN SUCKS - Auburn sucked yesterday, Auburn sucks today, and Auburn will suck tomorrow (the sun will come out and AU will suck).

I have been to Africa and Canada, and Auburn, Alabama is, by far, the lamest, most awful place I have ever been. I would rather lose a testicle than spend another day in that hole.

There is no shortage of people who dislike LSU, but people respect us across the board. No one truly respects Auburn, and we all know that Auburn doesn't respect anyone...

Learn how to respect others both on and off the field of play - do this and spread it around to your orange and blue crew - do this, and then maybe we can get back to being rivals and competitors.

Until then, please take your thug athletes, your tramp of a football coach, your hooligan administration, your joke of a university, and your white trash fan base back to the arm pit stain that is Auburn, Alabama.

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?...11&page=1&pp=15

I don't know...I guess if you get bored or something, it sure is fun to go back and forth with them sometimes. :)

Fair warning Jenny...lots of kids over there.  Very few are like TexasTiger etc.  Most are like this:

I don't know...I guess if you get bored or something, it sure is fun to go back and forth with them sometimes.  :)

148095[/snapback]

You know, I went back and read one thread where chuck was going at them - and after tha, even tho I signed up, I never signed in. My daddy always says you can't argue with ignorance, and damned if that site doesn't prove him to be correct... :no: My time is worth more than that...

Any halfway decent LsWho-ers (boy, saying that seems to REALLY hack them off!) have already made their way to OUR site, and since I live with one too, that is more than my daily quotient of :corndog: .

Think I will pass....

Dear Jenny,

Just because your hubby is a Corndog is no reason to expose your little one to the darkside. Please, raise her as a Tiger :au:   (not the feaux version).

148057[/snapback]

Fear not, dear Timmy. Katie will never be feaux ANYTHING. She may be a daddy's girl, but she is her mommy's buddy!!! I spend more time with her than he does (no reflection on him - he is a great dad, but I have carpool duties!) so in the war of the Dueling Tigers, who do you think is gonna win? I have an hour a day with her trapped in the car with me - perfect opportunity for some brainwashing, don't you think? ;)

I am thinking that she will be saying "TOUCHDOWN AUBURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!" before long!

148087[/snapback]

GREAT! I have a great memory of our oldest daughter saying "Go Bo Go" in the stands at JH in'87.

The only problem.....'86 was Bo's last season. The folks in the stands beside us got a kick out of it!

Just remember that if you start posting over on TigerForums.....anything you say over here or anywhere will be monitored and if you try to even slightly say something anti-lsu.....lord help you.

Brett and most of the Mod's are really good people. Same goes for the majority of posters. Some are just the biggest idiots in the world and literally in the actual sense...get off on beating their Internet chests.

:D

[

GREAT! I have a great memory of our oldest daughter saying "Go Bo Go" in the stands at JH in'87.

The only problem.....'86 was Bo's last season. The folks in the stands beside us got a kick out of it!

Earth to War Tim . . . Earth to War Tim . . . '85 was Bo's last season.

It's a good forum, but I still post here more often.

1. There are a few real a-holes there (unlike WEN :big:   :big: )

3. They are very sensitive to anything that comes across as critical of LSU, even if you're being humorous.

Don't go in guns blazing and it should be OK. My advice is just try not to get into heavy arguments with them (pinching myself). It's not worth the energy. Just ignore the nasty ones.

rickyd and TexasTiger are LSU guys who belong to both WEN and TF and are both good ones. They don't post much here but you might send them a PM and ask them for advice and they might even serve as your bodyguards going in :big:

148065[/snapback]

note to aubbie: it is spelled "faux." you can at least do that right if you can't win a nat'l championship with 13-0.

148065[/snapback]

note to aubbie: it is spelled "faux." you can at least do that right if you can't win a nat'l championship with 13-0.

148438[/snapback]

Note to nutria hunter: learn how to use the quote button. :big:

I am trying to decide whether or not to join Tiger Forums and throw some smack around on the corndogs.  I read through some of the posts today, and they seem like reasonble people (for corndogs).  I also thought my having a half-breed daughter might give me an "in".  :P

148042[/snapback]

NO! :au::homer:

148065[/snapback]

I for one don't give a fauk how the french spell anything.

BTW, you quoted the wrong person . Dead give away that you are an ignorant cornie. :poke:

148438[/snapback]

Archived