***FINAL: Auburn 24 Mercer 10***

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Who said Mizzou was better?

I did. Mercer's roster is primarily made up of kids that never got a look from even Georgia Southern.

wde

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's pretty much it.  Eliminate the turnovers, or even cut it down from 5 to 1 or 2 and we win 42-3 and Stidham's stat line has a couple of TDs added to it.

The criticism with Pettway getting all the carries is valid, but I do wonder if we'd have put Mercer away like we could have, if he'd have been taken out earlier.

Personally, I do not think he should have been out there to begin with.  When you already have an RB out, and Pettway was obviously not 100% the previous week, you let the backups play this game.  It is quite conceivable that they will be needed down the stretch.

7 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

There's a fundamental issue if the coach is having to say anything to the tune of having to get better. A coach should not have to say that in a presser.

Shouldn't have to say it at literally every presser for sure. 

Its Mercer doesnt matter if we comitted 12 turnovers its Mercer geesh. Quick tell me the last great mercer Player/Team/Coach/4 OR 5* player? sigh Rant over. People keep saying well Mizzu only put up 50 playing devry well we can barely put up 20 againt pheonix online .

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I am under the assumption that the ineptness that is our O

Our offense wasn't inept today.  We had a good gameplan.  We worked on the short and intermediate passing game like we needed to.  We had over 500 yds of offense, 364 of it through the air.

is going to struggle in whatever ways that manifest themselves on gameday whether it be turnovers, penalties,

Except, this was an anomaly for us.  Our team hasn't been a heavily penalized team nor one that generally commits a lot of turnovers.

poor play calling,

A valid criticism last year and vs Clemson last week.  Not this week.

playing obviously injured players, etc due to the ineptness of our HC and his handpicked O coaching staff.

wde

The only valid criticism you've put forth in this thread.  The rest is straight garbage, which unfortunately isn't an anomaly for you.

13 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

The ole hang over excuse . Didn't know that caused 5 turnovers and yes kodi is in over his head . Route running is bad and scramble drill for receiver are bad as well . (Those are very coachable attributes, texhnique)  I love the guy to as a past player but don't let that blind you. Those screens are working out really well too ?!?!?!? Great blocking !! Sarcasm

if your can't get the receivers to do there job you need to find another job . 

Also you just made my point . If the players aren't doing what you tell them to do , then you lost your players .

Yes the ole hangover is a real thing in football. You can't always blame the coach for sloppy play.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Our offense wasn't inept today.  We had a good gameplan.  We worked on the short and intermediate passing game like we needed to.  We had over 500 yds of offense, 364 of it through the air.

Except, this was an anomaly for us.  Our team hasn't been a heavily penalized team nor one that generally commits a lot of turnovers.

The only valid criticism you've put forth in this game.  The rest is straight garbage, which unfortunately isn't an anomaly for you.

Fair enough.  Don't get your big boy panties in a bunch for being called out.  We will see as the season goes forward just how good our game plan and how much of an anomaly today was.  I will admit if I am wrong, will you?

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

I did. Mercer's roster is primarily made up of kids that never got a look from even Georgia Southern.

wde

Just because they didn't get a look doesn't mean that Mizzou is automatically better.  I can think of several FCS teams I'd take over some power conference FBS teams.  Mizzou is dog crap right now.  We moved the ball fine today.  Take away four stupid fumbles and we win something like 45-7.  Then people would be celebrating how much better the offense looked instead of losing their ever-loving minds.

Look, we have real issues to work on (RB rotation, quicker routes, O-line push), but our defense will likely shut Mizzou down.  We'll also have just as many fans there as Mizzou based on their attendance today.  It won't take much for us to look REALLY good next week.

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Fair enough.  Don't get your big boy panties in a bunch for being called out.

lulz.

You didn't call anyone out.  You just flapped your arms and made funny noises.

Just now, AUIH1 said:

We will see as the season goes forward just how good our game plan and how much of an anomaly today was.  I will admit if I am wrong, will you?

wde

Admit that I'm wrong about what went on today?  I won't have to.  

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The only valid criticism you've put forth in this thread.  The rest is straight garbage, which unfortunately isn't an anomaly for you.

This is far too rational for most here to comprehend tonight.

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Yes the ole hangover is a real thing in football. You can't always blame the coach for sloppy play.

In terms of focus and intensity, that was definitely not the same team that played at Clemson last week.

lulz.

You didn't call anyone out.  You just flapped your arms and made funny noises.

Admit that I'm wrong about what went on today?  I won't have to.  

LMAO...I know you would never because you never have, but OK.... You and another Mod have problems with admitting when you might be wrong.

wde

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The criticism with Pettway getting all the carries is valid, but I do wonder if we'd have put Mercer away like we could have, if he'd have been taken out earlier.

Fully agree on this.  I do wish they would have given some relief in the middle quarters at least to see how they react to a close game.  Give them a shot with KJ still out.  I expected Pettway running on the last drive to milk clock and protect ball.  

Just now, AUIH1 said:

LMAO...I know you would never because you never have, but OK.... You and another Mod have problems with admitting when you might be wrong.

wde

I'm more than willing to admit when I'm wrong.  I'm just not about what we struggled with today.  It wasn't Mercer.

You know you're pretty much a joke around here, right?

Not that I'm clinging to any hope, but if I were, my only hope would be we just came out over confident and sleepy against Merger in a swampy midafternoon hang-over game, which is bad. But maybe these boys can play on another level when it's time.

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

WDE

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

Please listen...this is not a quality head coach...his excuse for only running Pettway is a JOKE...

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm more than willing to admit when I'm wrong.  I'm just not about what we struggled with today.  It wasn't Mercer.

You know you're pretty much a joke around here, right?

LMAO again. According to who?  You and who else? There are a couple of Mods who will disagree if you ask them.  Do you really want to get into a discussion regarding who may or may not be a joke on this board.  Be careful.....

wde

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Some honest advice from a disinterested third party:  just stop digging.  You will not be uncovering enough gold to win that exchange.

Just now, AUIH1 said:

LMAO again. According to who?  You and who else? 

Lots of people, dude.  You're just immune to reality.

Just now, AUIH1 said:

There are a couple of Mods who will disagree if you ask them.

And there are at least 4 or 5 times as many others that will say the opposite.

Just now, AUIH1 said:

Do you really want to get into a discussion regarding who may or may not be a joke on this board.  Be careful.....

wde

I can handle all the butthurt babies that don't like to be moderated you want to throw at me little girl.

Be careful?  You be careful who you make veiled threats toward, chief.

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

LMAO again. According to who?  You and who else? There are a couple of Mods who will disagree if you ask them.  Do you really want to get into a discussion regarding who may or may not be a joke on this board.  Be careful.....

wde

You've always been an incessant, whiny a**hole. 

Lots of people, dude.  You're just immune to reality.

And there are at least 4 or 5 times as many others that will say the opposite.

I can handle all the butthurt babies that don't like to be moderated you want to throw at me little girl.

Be careful?  You be careful who you make veiled threats toward, chief.

Not making any threats veiled or otherwise.  I get reality more than most.  Damn, I know your panties are rustled when you resort to calling me names.  How hard is it to be named a Mod?  I would like to submit my application.  I know I can be professional.

wde

Archived