***FINAL: Auburn 24 Mercer 10***

RunInRed

Everyone at that game and with season passes deserve refunds. Not a single coach on that staff deserves a paycheck this week. All of them should be ashamed.

QB Coach - Stidham played well and I think his ceiling is huge but he still looks entirely too skittish against a team like Mercer.

RB Coach - KP has no business fumbling and the running back coach should have told Gus there's no way he should even be playing. How embarrassing is it that we don't trust any of our other running backs so we allow KP to stumble around and hobble for 34 carries.

WR Coach - still hardly getting open against teams like GS and Mercer. Not finishing a slant route which lead to an interception. No receiving touchdowns. Numerous fumbles. Horrendous blocking. Over all piss poor route running.

OL coach - still can't open up a hole against a damn FCS team. Pass blocking is still terrible. Should have blown them off the ball every play.

DL - hardly touched the quarterback, got gashed for numerous big gains on first down, had minimal effort compared to past weeks.

LB - handled the edge poorly and struggled to fall into coverage at key times. No pressure on the qb from this group this week.

Secondary - Carlton David's regression is alarming. Allowed a lot of uncontested passes.

Love our defense but they didn't come to play today.

Punters have been terrible for a while now. A big reason we struggled against Clemson was field position.

Punt and Kick Return haven't been legitimate threats since Tre Mason left. Might as well and for a touch back each time.

Carlson lost the Groza in the first 3 games of the season. Ridiculous to see him struggle.

Complete failure of a performance. We should have lost this game.

Gus has to go.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

He isn't rusty, he's coached by Gus Malzahn. The guy just doesn't have it for SEC football. Really liked him as our coach the way he represents himself and the school, but as a coach, he's lost the game.

He did not play for 2 years....and he came from a different conference to boot. How do you not call that rusty? Nothing can replace real game experience. The problem was that there was no good plan for letting him shake out the cobwebs and get his mojo going. 

25 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I have never been as uninterested in Auburn football as I am right now. Sheesh.

I didn't even watch. Until Jacobs and Malzahn are gone, I have absolutely no interest in AU Football.

4 minutes ago, CullmanTiger said:

Tough game to watch, Pettway will run the wildcat the rest of the season, how many carries do RB's not named Pettway or KJ have this year.

Dont worry about those others, they're all transferring.

There's no way we win 8 games unless the defense scores just as much as the offense. With a new OC and a " stud" QB, why is it so hard to score and get into rhythm? Mercer was suppose be dominated by our offense. Give Mercer credit. They played hard and some of the turnovers they caused. 

I saw a disinterested team. Stidham threw for a bunch of yards, but no way he has that much time to throw against a legitimate defense. Afraid it's gonna be a LONG year. 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

O-line was better without DJ. 

At this point, I am not sure who you put in.. the offensive line has shown that they can't block their way out of a wet paper bag. 

14 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Wow , just Wow .Gus Malzahn has lost this team . One word that comes to mind is pathetic . 

Burns has no business having the WR job at Auburn . Multiple fumbles from his guys and terrible route running and blocking . That interception was on Nate Craig , he pulled up which gave room for DB to step on front of that ball. 

many other problems from an offensive standpoint but I'm not going to beat a dead horse . 

I hope the defensive players start ripping the offensive players ass . Hopefully that will light a spark under there ass cause the coaches sure aren't doing it . yes I know the coaching isn't great but at some point I should be able to beat every one on one matchup against a team like Mercer .

Also these guys make mistakes and fumble , and some fumbled multiple times . Why aren't these guys getting taken off the field ? Why are they getting to continue to play every down after making these mistakes ? 

What a joke !!!

That's a pretty bold statement to make that Gus has lost the team already. It could be a hangover it could be lack of execution. Rip Kodi all you want but it's up to the receivers to do their jobs and get open.

22 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

WDE.  Stidham .can make good throws when he has a lot of time and the receivers are open.  But he often needs a lot of time .

yeah he has a fast release and has the capability of progressing thru reads, but his brain seems to work relatively slow. I dont think Ive seen anything yet that would tell me I shouldn't just stack the edges and keep blitzing the life out of him. Neither play calling nor the tackles can handle it I believe 

well at least we will always have this from this game......

33 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Completely unacceptable performance. This might be the game we look back to as the begins of Gus's end.

Nope ... last years Clemson, 6 QB whirlybird game was the point I fully embraced the "you have to show me" stance.  I haven't been shown yet ... errrr I mean nothing good

18 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to be lucky to get 8 wins. The O is as bad. 

Bu, bu, but, Gus said...  

It's ⏰ for a change.  Check please!

Seriously Gus is going to have to give some intermediate routes....people trying to point blame on either the qb or wr and truth is it's a mix of both but mostly play calling

We've only thrown ONE pass across the goal line in 3 games, and that was the long pass to Slayton, which he dropped (would have been a good catch though)

In desperation, we have to resort to the Wildcat with Pettway on 2 separate drives against Mercer......MERCER!

Archived