***FINAL: Auburn 24 Mercer 10***

RunInRed

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

So glad I missed this game ....such a let down . 5 turnovers . We aren't a rank team . Do not deserve it.

Pretty rank to me. >:(

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUIH1 said:

Not making any threats veiled or otherwise.  I get reality more than most.  Damn, I know your panties are rustled when you resort to calling me names.  How hard is it to be named a Mod?  I would like to submit my application.  I know I can be professional.

wde

Yeah, I'd get move off the topic too if I were you.  

And sorry, we don't need your "help."  We're overstocked on irrational already just amongst the regulars and aren't looking to expand it into the mod staff.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

And sorry, we don't need your "help."  We're overstocked on irrational already just amongst the regulars and aren't looking to expand it into the mod staff.

mmmk

54 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I agree.  We did play them, we just didn't use them except for some passes to Devan Barrett.

Turning the ball over hasn't been a hallmark under Gus's regime but the sudden spike in frequency is peculiar. 

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

LOL, again, mmmk.  I appreciate the rules paste.   But it did answer my question.  Thanks.

wde

Some of these recent comments have been painful to read. :beer2:anyways back to football. Right now I'm not worried about LSU as much as Miss state now. They are manhandling LSU right now....

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

Some of these recent comments have been painful to read. :beer2:Any anyways back to football. Right now I'm not worried about LSU as much as Miss state now. They are manhandling LSU right now....

Agreed.  Our defense will eat LSU's O up.  MSU looks like the real deal right now.

21 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Yes the ole hangover is a real thing in football. You can't always blame the coach for sloppy play.

It's the coaches responsibility to get them up ready to play . Your missing all parts of the conversation . Your saying you can't blame a coach for sloppy play is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard . What is a coaches job then ? So if we hired a soccer  as the football coach  it wouldn't be his fault for sloppy play ?   If the majority of the team is undiscipline it's the players fault? 

7 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Some of these recent comments have been painful to read. :beer2:Any anyways back to football. Right now I'm not worried about LSU as much as Miss state now. They are manhandling LSU right now....

Yep, MSST is looking like world-beaters against LSU right now. Just went up 30-7. Wish our O looked half as good as theirs is looking tonight.

Course, LSU aren't helping themselves very much. Over 100 yards in penalties with 2 of them negating scores and 2 targeting penalties resulting in ejections.

Even though is was Mercer, Stidham had the second most completions in a game in Auburn history and second highest completion percentage in a game (min 30 attempts) in SEC history. Not bad honestly 

5 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

It's the coaches responsibility to get them up ready to play . Your missing all parts of the conversation . Your saying you can't blame a coach for sloppy play is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard . What is a coaches job then ? So if we hired a soccer  as the football coach  it wouldn't be his fault for sloppy play ?   If the majority of the team is undiscipline it's the players fault? 

I think if there's a pattern of lots of penalties or turnovers, you can blame the coach.  But that hasn't generally been an issue for us, so one game where WRs don't hold on to the frickin' ball - no I think it's mostly on the players.

4 minutes ago, Tiger96 said:

Even though is was Mercer, Stidham had the second most completions in a game in Auburn history and second highest completion percentage in a game (min 30 attempts) in SEC history. Not bad honestly 

Roll Tide buddy! 

2 minutes ago, Tiger96 said:

That's the thing though, Stidham had almost all day to make his throws. Most of the SEC defenses we have yet to face will be in his face in a fraction of that time, unless our O line improves dramatically.

8 minutes ago, Tiger96 said:

The second highest completion percentage stat in SEC history is a pretty big deal. Yes it was against Mercer, but some pretty spectacular quarterbacks have played in this conference against some equally horrible opponents and they couldn't do it. It is a sign that he can be the quarterback he was hyped to be before the season started, he just needs some help from the coaches. Considering the concerns with his abilities after last week, I think it is a good sign. 

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think if there's a pattern of lots of penalties or turnovers, you can blame the coach.  But that hasn't generally been an issue for us, so one game where WRs don't hold on to the frickin' ball - no I think it's mostly on the players.

What about the route running , creating seperation  and screen blocking ? it's not just about the fumbles today . I know Jarrett has missed some guys , I have been to every game and have seen some wide open guys he has missed from blown coverage downfield but our guys aren't doing the best in getting open either . WR are getting killed on screen cause we aren't breaking down and blocking . These are all things that are coachable. All these players are good enough in high school to have sloppy routes etc because they just out athletic everybody . It's the COACHES Job to COACH them the right way in college. 

Kind of a sloppy win? Really? 

I could care less who carries a clipboard. 11 sacks last wek, 5 turnovers and 3 personal fouls this week. Somethings gotta change and I don't think it's who's carrying the clipboard. 

Loving me some Wildcat.....no wildcat these days means no rushing TDs.  What happened to RBU?

Just now, bmartin3228 said:

What about the route running , creating speration and screen blocking ? it's not just about the fumbles today . I know Jarrett has missed some guys

He didn't miss many.  His stat line was 32 for 37 for 364 yards.  That completion percentage is the 2nd best in SEC history (30 or more attempts).

I'm not saying we played perfect by any means, but it was mostly about the fumbles today.

Just now, bmartin3228 said:

, I have been to every game and have seen some wide open guys he has missed (Clemson downfield ) but our guys aren't doing the best in getting open either . WR are getting killed on screen cause we aren't breaking down and blocking . These are all things that are coachable. All these players are good enough in high school to have sloppy routes etc because they just out athletic everybody . It's the COACHES Job to COACH them the right way in college. 

Not bad points, but you responded to a comment about sloppy play, which today was 90% turnovers and untimely penalties.

Archived