Thank You Pres. Trump

Proud Tiger

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I translate it as comparing some of Trump's traits regarding the media to Hitler's.  

I have relatives who support Trump.  Trust me, they are not Nazis, just the opposite.  They are self-professed, devout Christians. So you don't have to be a Nazi to be a Trump supporter, just stupid and/or ignorant.

But, there are Trump followers who will apparently - with consideration - accept anything he does as normal or desirable.  

Fortunately, not very many.   But if the shoe fits....

What does Christian have to do with ^^^^^^^ crawdad  response

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaltyTiger said:

What does Christian have to do with ^^^^^^^ crawdad  response

He implied that it was said anyone who supports Trump is a Nazi.

Based on the comment that was actually made, it was a logically false - and defensive - conclusion.   I provided a personal example to demonstrate.

Understand now?

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

I translate it as comparing some of Trump's traits regarding the media to Hitler's.  

I have relatives who support Trump.  Trust me, they are not Nazis, just the opposite.  They are self-professed, devout Christians. So you don't have to be a Nazi to be a Trump supporter, just stupid and/or ignorant.

But, there are Trump followers who will apparently - with consideration - accept anything he does as normal or desirable.  

Fortunately, not very many.   But if the shoe fits....

You are showing your ignorance if you think that one is stupid and or ignorant if they support Trump.

Some people will support him because like it or not he is our president. They may not agree with everything he says but will still support him.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Based on the comment that was actually made, it was a logically false - and defensive - conclusion.   I provided a personal example to demonstrate.

Understand now?

Understand what what you attempting to do but you failed to answer my question. What does being a devout Christian have to do with it. i.e. are devout Christians complete opposites of Nazis?

Understand now?

Basically we had a subject that was about what a good job Trump was doing with Hurricane relief.  Then to avoid talking about the real subject a statement was made trying to imply that people who supported Trump were the same as people who supported Hitler.  That statement had nothing to do about hurricane relief as you your self said you know good people who supported Trump who are not Nazis.   Most of the arguments against Trump doing a good job in Puerto Rico were about subjects other than the relief effort. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

e. are devout Christians complete opposites of Nazis?

No. It’s a non sequiter and that’s why it doesn’t make sense.

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Basically we had a subject that was about what a good job Trump was doing with Hurricane relief.  Then to avoid talking about the real subject a statement was made trying to imply that people who supported Trump were the same as people who supported Hitler.  That statement had nothing to do about hurricane relief as you your self said you know good people who supported Trump who are not Nazis.   Most of the arguments against Trump doing a good job in Puerto Rico were about subjects other than the relief effort. 

Most threads in this forum turn into Trump bashing. Same rhetoric under a different title. I do wish President Trump would change some his ways but have to admire him. He has been under constant machine gun fire since election night.Wish you could say unbelievable but it is not. Whatever, he beats business as usually in DC and obviously a lot of people resent it.

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

You are showing your ignorance if you think that one is stupid and or ignorant if they support Trump.

Some people will support him because like it or not he is our president. They may not agree with everything he says but will still support him.

I disagree.  Anyone who supports Trump in general (not a specific action) is either stupid or ignorant.  Most often the latter since most people really don't know about his past.

And I don't buy into the "my country right or wrong" philosophy and the same goes for respecting Trump because he won the presidency.

Wrong is still wrong.  And a narcissistic psychopath is still one if he gets elected president.

14 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Understand what what you attempting to do but you failed to answer my question. What does being a devout Christian have to do with it. i.e. are devout Christians complete opposites of Nazis?

I'd say a real Christian is about as opposite from being a Nazi as anyone could be. 

Wouldn't you?

I'd say a real Christian is about as opposite from being a Nazi as anyone could be. 

Wouldn't you?

no

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Most threads in this forum turn into Trump bashing. Same rhetoric under a different title. I do wish President Trump would change some his ways but have to admire him. He has been under constant machine gun fire since election night.Wish you could say unbelievable but it is not. Whatever, he beats business as usually in DC and obviously a lot of people resent it.

But except for ignoring the norms of respect and decency, Trump has accelerated "business as usual" in Washington.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Most threads in this forum turn into Trump bashing. Same rhetoric under a different title. I do wish President Trump would change some his ways but have to admire him. He has been under constant machine gun fire since election night.Wish you could say unbelievable but it is not. Whatever he beats business as usually in DC and obviously a lot of people resent it.

The sad thing is when Obama was in Office I saw similar things the other way.  To often in our society our political views bring out hatred. No President is perfect and not everything a President does is bad. When you bring a subject up like Hurricane relief and when it is Obama and somebody brings up the birther issue or if Trump they try to paint him as a white supremacist and not deal with the actual subject it makes you realize why Congress is so ineffective that are a microcosm of many of the people on these sites.

27 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

OK, he omitted the "most" or "some".   Big deal.   

I still think your reaction was radically over the top.  You should have asked him if that's what he really meant instead of jumping on such a tempting "gotcha".  (And who is going to defend an assertion that all Trump supporters are Nazis. :-\)

So, bottom line, I still think it was BS. But if that really bothers you, how about "banal"?  That does fit better.    ;D

18 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The sad thing is when Obama was in Office I saw similar things the other way.  To often in our society our political views bring out hatred. No President is perfect and not everything a President does is bad. When you bring a subject up like Hurricane relief and when it is Obama and somebody brings up the birther issue or if Trump they try to paint him as a white supremacist and not deal with the actual subject it makes you realize why Congress is so ineffective that are a microcosm of many of the people on these sites.

You need to be more specific when comparing Obama to Trump.

Obama never focused five days seeking attention by picking fights on social media that served only to aggravate the conflicts in our society while Puerto Rico faced a completely untenable disaster.

For example.  ;D

Archived