Black bama Homers

Proud Tiger

It's interesting to note that both Alvin Holmes and John Rogers (two of the ringleaders in the Ala. Black Caucus) went to bama. And they want to have black athletes boycott Auburn? Sounds like a little conflict of interest to me. :big::big:

Sit back. Relax. What goes around Comes around. :D

Sit back. Relax. What goes around Comes around. biggrin.gif

I agree, just chill - it's so stupid that any intelligent person is not going to buy into this crap. Was goes around will go around indeed.

Folks, Alvin Holmes is supposed to be on a local radio talk show some time today talking about why posting cameras on traffic lights to catch speeders is racist. The scariest part about all of this is that there is a huge segment of society that actually listens to this guy and has been backing him for years and years. Anyone who listens to him and doesn't come away thinking he has the IQ of a small soap dish needs their own head examined.

Folks, Alvin Holmes is supposed to be on a local radio talk show some time today talking about why posting cameras on traffic lights to catch speeders is racist.  The scariest part about all of this is that there is a huge segment of society that actually listens to this guy and has been backing him for years and years.  Anyone who listens to him and doesn't come away thinking he has the IQ of a small soap dish needs their own head examined.

148858[/snapback]

I disagree. He doesn't have a "huge" segment of society listening to him - only his district in Montgomery. If he had a HUGE segment, he would be governor. He also is not stupid - he is smart like a fox - he says what he needs to say to keep getting the attention he needs to be re-elected. But the people who "listen" to him is actually quite small and restricted to Montgomery except for these random 15 minutes of fame idiots like Pondscum give people like him. Being loud gets him attention - it doesn't mean he is powerful or has a large group behind him.

Face it - every community has one. In Houston, it's Quannell X and Johnny Mata (Latino advocate). In Dallas, it's county commissioner John Wiley Price and City Councilperson Alvin Hicks. Nationally you have the Right Rev Al Sharpton. Race pimps, all.

No kid with an iota of true talent is going to let some race pimp like Brother Al keep him from going to Auburn. If the kid was all about supporting his race to the exclusion of these racist havens of white honkey crackers, he would go to Tuskeegee or A&M or Grambling or Spellman.

The sooner we all SHUT THE HECK UP about all this, the sooner a new scandal comes along and Bro Al goes back under his rock until state budget hearings come along next month.

Jenny AU 92, I wish I had someof that cool-aid you were drinking!

Shug, what do you think these race pimps could ACTUALLY accomplish, besides some bad press?

**** - They don't have any kind of a majority in the Alabama Legislature, so they can have no impact on Auburn's funding. They might ask a few hard questions of Auburn's President during budget hearings (which aren't even televised) but Dr. Ed, as former State Superintendent of Educ. is used to Alvin Holmes. I worked for the AL House Ways & Means Committee - I witnessed Holmes sitting in the Committee Chairman's office, drinking the Chairman's Jack Daniels Black Label - only hours after calling the Chairman a racist! No one in the Legislature takes this guy seriously - he does what he has to do to get re-elected - make noise. Period!!!

**** - They have ZERO credibility outside their own state house districts - if they did, they would be holding higher office than state rep, a job any trained monkey with a checkbook could do.

**** - they have no overwhelming financial means to ruin any kind of media blitz encouraging a "boycott" of Auburn, which is why these goobers are going on Finescum and random local radio shows.

**** - The only fact they have to trumpet is that two people who got fired are black. Period. Two blacks got promoted. One white guy also got fired. The positions were eliminated - the two black guys weren't fired to make way for someone else. This is all random smoke because there is no fire. This story only has legs because the media makes it that way.

So I don't see any Kool-aid drinking going on - I have been there, seen that when it comes to Alvin Holmes.

I think the worst thing Auburn could do would be to cow down to these Con-men. Auburn is in a position to fight these people head-on and destroy them politically once and for all.

It's interesting to note that both Alvin Holmes and John Rogers (two of the ringleaders in the Ala. Black Caucus) went to bama. And they want to have black athletes boycott Auburn? Sounds like a little conflict of interest to me. :big:   :big:

148826[/snapback]

AU's yet to have JJ come a'knockin. UA's had it's fair share of racial hits of late, including the coaching search and English dept.

If any of this happened above the mason-dixion line there wouldn't be a single peep.

If any of this happened above the mason-dixion line there wouldn't be a single peep.

148927[/snapback]

Right on. And I've met more racists there than down here. No lie.

Let me tell an Alvin Holmes story. A number of years ago there was a State Senator from my home town (he's now deceased). He served a number of years, mostly during the Wallace era. He always told the story about how he and Alvin and several other senators and representatives would get together and play a friendly game of poker. One night, after a few good doses of high quality brown water, Alvin stood up and proudly proclaimed..."if ya'll ever see me with a ugly ni@@er, I'm holding her for the police!". My senator friend told this story many times, but he especially delighted in telling it whenever Alvin would appear on TV in one of his racist tirades. I must have heard him tell it 100 times.

Alvin Holmes is nothing more than a hypocritical oppurtunist!!! He and Jesse Jackson are cut from the same mold.

Archived