Did any of you go to LA?

HogInParaloma

I'm planning on making the trip out to LA when we visit USC.  Any recommendations?

Two of the options for places to stay, are the Park Hyatt and Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel. :arky:

148868[/snapback]

Uh oh...these woopiggers are bad news. Especially this HiP character. :poke:

Sorry. Didn't make the trip to LA, so I can't help. I will say, however, for the benefit of my Auburn bretheren and sisteren, HiP is a fine member of his fanbase and should be welcomed here.

-wesfau (aka - lawtiger)

You don't want to stay anywhere close to Sunset as it is infiltrated with drug addicts and prostitutes. Hollywood isn't much different, particularly at night. I would look for something around Santa Monica where you can take either Venice or Santa Monica into town. OR, you could stay around LAX but it is a good distance away and you would need to take La Ceneiga into town. If you have lots of bucks, then stay in Beverly Hills. Good Luck.

i had a blast in LA. i stayed closer to LAX, but in my experience out there (two trips) travel sucks from any direction. it's a nice campus... just don't wander too far or your in the ghetto.

I went to the game and also lived in LA for awhile. There are pros and cons to different areas but I prefer, and stayed, in Marina Del Rey. There are several neat places to stay there and some very good restaurants. It's also an easy (as far as LA goes) freeway drive to the Colliseum. Just do a Google search on Marina Del Rey and find a listingf of hotels. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton for $85 a night because I went by there a year in advance and did a little negotiating (LOL). The Auburn Alumni Assn. had a little party there one night. So you might check with the piggie society and see where they are staying and which pig pen they recommend :big::big:

Try Orange County in the Disneyland area. Hotel rates are not that expensive and you are never more than an hours drive from most of the tourist attractions in LA (and believe me...an hour drive in LA ain't nothing).

I agree. I stayed literally across the street from Disneyland for $40 a night. I think it was called the Anabella Hotel, off of Kitella Ave. Universal is 45-60 minutes away in medium traffic.

please beat USC-i'm tired of hearing their crap about the SEC

148969[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't be dropping $2500, just to go see us get our asses whipped. *crossed fingers.

BELEE DAT!

Parking near the stadium and campus is extremely difficult. We arrived 2 hours before the game and it took more than an hour to find a parking space and it was very expensive, about $20. If you can find a bus or shuttle to pick you up and take you to the stadium, then I would go for that instead.

The L.A. County Museum has the King Tut exhibition next fall, so you might want to check it out. The La Brea tar pits museum is pretty interesting too.

The important thing is that you can buy beer at the stadium, so don't bother sneaking in airplane bottles of whiskey. Also, even though you might be wearing a nice polo shirt and kakki pants, you will be called redneck while walking into the stadium by some Latinos wearing UNC basketball jerseys.

The important thing is that you can buy beer at the stadium, so don't bother sneaking in airplane bottles of whiskey. Also, even though you might be wearing a nice polo shirt and kakki pants, you will be called redneck while walking into the stadium by some Latinos wearing UNC basketball jerseys.

Haha tell them to go cut your grass.

Haha tell them to go cut your grass.

149090[/snapback]

Poor form. :no:

I used to live there, and there really isn't a great reason to drive down to the LA Coliseum. It's not really the best neighborhood in the world, and the traffic in LA is SO bad all of the time.

It's easier just to take a cab or shuttle wherever you want to go. I used to work in N. Hollywood, where Universal Studios theme park is. Its a pretty cool park, plus you're not far from Pasadena, Hollywood, Santa Monica.

Maybe you can fly into Burbank Airport. It's a lot smaller and less busy than LAX. It takes a lot less time, too.

Anyway, have fun in LA and beat those damned Trojans.

you will be called redneck while walking into the stadium by some Latinos wearing UNC basketball jerseys.

They haven't seen country 'til I roll into town. I'm looking forward to a 3 day drunk, calling the Hogs, and tearing LA apart. I'm even going to smoke in public. ;)

you will be called redneck while walking into the stadium by some Latinos wearing UNC basketball jerseys.

They haven't seen country 'til I roll into town. I'm looking forward to a 3 day drunk, calling the Hogs, and tearing LA apart. I'm even going to smoke in public. ;)

149285[/snapback]

Whoa nelly, now you have crossed the line!!! ;)

I'm planning on making the trip out to LA when we visit USC.  Any recommendations?

Two of the options for places to stay, are the Park Hyatt and Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel. :arky:

148868[/snapback]

I didn't go to the game in '02, but I have a sister-in-law that lives in Santa Monica. That is a great town. I wasn't real impressed with LA when we visited.

Archived