Things I Think I Saw (AU vs LSU).....

JMR

22 hours ago, Brannigan said:

The switch to zone blocking has basically elimated one of our best weapons in Pettway. Instead of having a predetermined hole to run towards, he is now tasked with reading the line and finding a hole. Kj can do this well,  Pett cannot. So we see him basically running into the pile. 

Allowing Lindsey to change the blocking scheme while not adding any more pass routes is a complete joke. Basically chip took the only thing we did well and changed it for no additional gains. 

This is a good point. The old Malzahn Power and Counter-Trey have been missing this year. We run a lot of Inside Zone runs, I think to set up the IZ RPO to the slot WR, and the IZ read-option (which we never really run out of fear of JS getting hurt).

• Like 1

I wish Gus would have hired Drinkwitz from NC State. I thought that he would have come if Gus had offered him. Just think if the OK State coach had accepted Gus's offer. We would be throwing 5x as much as we do.

I see us going 7-5 or 6-6. Only if we beat either Uga or bammer will Gus keep his job. What we need is for JJ to leave at the end of the season along with Gus.

I think Mark Richt would come if the $$$ is right. Maybe Fuentes could leave VaTech.  PJ Fleck,  Jeff Brohm is an option from Purdue.Charlie Strong would be a huge improvement over Gus. Les Miles?  Any suggestions???

I am a fair man and if Gus wins out, then all is forgiven. This would be a long shot at best. He could stay around for another year if he goes 8-4 and have one of the wins of either Uga or bammer.  I see us though going 7-5 with our 2 wins over Arky & the next to last game. TAMU looks unlikely as does Uga & bammer. 7-5 will get Gus out of here. The players deserve better coaching and it looks like 2018 could bring this home.

14 hours ago, Brannigan said:

No it is not. Our higschool coach went out and hired a high school oc from his coaching tree that can't adapt. Somehow Gus hired the only OC in America that uses the wildcat more than he did. 

I can assure you we are not running Lindsey's offense.  Lindsey is doing what his HC tells him to do.  Gus promised Chip that he could run his offense without meddling from the HC.  Gus was not truthful.  Lindsey will be gone after the season is over.  If he could leave now without career suicide, he would be gone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, around4ever said:

I can assure you we are not running Lindsey's offense.  Lindsey is doing what his HC tells him to do.  Gus promised Chip that he could run his offense without meddling from the HC.  Gus was not truthful

We heard this same bs in 2011 about Chizik meddling in Gus' O. So I'm not buying it this time.  Sure Gus is an idiot, but he is the head coach. He can call every offense, defensive and special teams play for all I care so long as he suffers the consequences of his decision. 

We should gave jetgated his ass in 2015 like he deserved. Now we are stuck with an idiot and no clearly better options.