NBA Thread

aujeff11

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Simmons just doesn't strike me as a max player. Am I wrong? I don't watch a lot of 76ers, maybe I've caught him at bad times.

• Like 2

Just now, CR said:

Simmons just doesn't strike me as a max player. Am I wrong? I don't watch a lot of 76ers, maybe I've caught him at bad times.

A lot of these guys are not true max players but that is the going rate for a guy with his skillset who put up the numbers he had. He is a great passer and floor general and is a freak in the open court but if he never develops a even serviceable three point shot he will never come close to be as good as he could be.

• Thanks 1

Good pickup. I have always liked his game. DEPAUL STAND UP!!!! lol

Ah, yes because it was his agent's fault he wasn't getting offers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Ah, yes because it was his agent's fault he wasn't getting offers.

He took a risk betting on himself this past off-season and it just did not pan out.  That is what taking a risk means.  It doesn't work out every time.  I wonder if he wishes he stayed with the Pelicans.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He took a risk betting on himself this past off-season and it just did not pan out.  That is what taking a risk means.  It doesn't work out every time.  I wonder if he wishes he stayed with the Pelicans.

I bet he regrets it to some regard. I truly hate that injuries are a part of his situation because he's incredibly talented. But if we're being honest it's not all about the injuries with him. And I will preface this by saying I actually don't dislike Boogie.

But the reality of it is that teams are scared he's going to destroy their built-in chemistry, or get into some irreparable spat with the head coach, or punch a teammate in the face. He was drama free in GS to his credit, but the guy has had a lot of drama surrounding him over the years and then the injuries piling up only compounds these matters. 

It's going to be interesting to see where he goes. I can see Dallas making a play for him once more of the FA dust starts to settle to get a player with stud capability for cheap. That's pure conjecture on my part though.

Edited by Tiger
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I bet he regrets it to some regard. I truly hate that injuries are a part of his situation because he's incredibly talented. But if we're being honest it's not all about the injuries with him. And I will preface this by saying I actually don't dislike Boogie.

But the reality of it is that teams are scared he's going to destroy their built-in chemistry, or get into some irreparable spat with the head coach, or punch a teammate in the face. He was drama free in GS to his credit, but the guy has had a lot of drama surrounding him over the years and then the injuries piling up only compounds these matters. 

It's going to be interesting to see where he goes. I can see Dallas making a play for him once more of the FA dust starts to settle to get a player with stud capability for cheap. That's pure conjecture on my part though.

Oh I think you are 100% correct.  I think with him, he does not face adversity well.  When his teams are not performing up to his standards he pitches a fit.  Going to Golden State, they were predicted to win it all so he didn't have that diversity he faced on his two previous teams.  Same thing in college.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

IF IT DOESN'T FIT YOU MU- oh wait wrong helicopter chase

IMG_1903.JPG

• Haha 4

LMAO he would of drove all of us nuts if he was a AU football recruit.