NBA Thread

aujeff11

So Kawhi becomes an unrestricted free agent at the age of 31. Say he wins a title with the Clippers, that still would give him time in his career to bolt somewhere else and try to elevate another team and win another title. Has anyone ever been a finals mvp with 4 different teams?

39 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

How do you score on them? They will allow 80 points a game.

Yep. Clippers were some dogs last year as well. They won 48 and took GS to 6 games. 

That team will be a force in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

How do you score on them? They will allow 80 points a game.

I'm not a Beverly fan, I'd go after him. I think he'smore talk than substance

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Boogie to the Lake Show....

So if Rondo comes back, then the Lakers ate basically the Pelicans from a few years ago but with Lebron 

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm not a Beverly fan, I'd go after him. I think he'smore talk than substance

Me neither but only pg's will go after him and it definitely won't be easy. Got Kawhi and pg for the rest.

• Like 1

So is boogie gonna actually be boogie come next season? I think there's too many chefs in the kitchen personally.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Danny Green was the top 3 and D guy left on the market. He is the starting 2 guard. IF they sign Marcus Morris (and he is a Klutch client and I think he has been waiting this long just in case Kawhi went elsewhere) It will allow Kuzma to be a instant offense guy off the bench. People forget he is only 24 and averaged 19 a game last year. Quinn Cooke is a huge upgrade at point guard from rondo in terms of fit surrounding Bron and AD. Shot 40% from three the past 2 seasons. I mean they have made the best out of what is left on the market so far from what I have seen. Yah they over paid for KCP and paid the klutch tax but every other contract is reasonable and the going rate for guys of their caliber. KCP coming off the bench behind Danny Green is much more effective than being the starting 2 guard. Much better than last year when they had a bunch of non shooters on the team. I think you are under selling them a little bit. Especially AD. People forget just how damn talented and good he is. I can see them being the 3rd seed in the west next season depending on how much they can stay healthy and how much Bron cares about the regular season. He has not cared or been all that invested in it lately and I do not see that changing with him about to turn 35. He rather preserve himself for the playoffs.

I believe that the Lakers will for sure be improved but there's several teams in the West that I don't think that they're good enough to beat in an extended series. I think Portland is going to be a really tough out, if Denver takes another step forward they're going to be tough,  now you have the Clips to go through as well, and who knows, if the Unicorn gets healthy enough Dallas will be much better. It's difficult for me, Celtics loyalties aside, to see the Lakers as a Western Conference finalist much less the league finals.

13 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

So if Rondo comes back, then the Lakers ate basically the Pelicans from a few years ago but with Lebron 

Yep. A lot of Kentucky Wildcats 

So both Cousins and Rondo are going to the Lakers...yeah, this is going to end well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

AkA he’s embarrassed because twitter called him fat.

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

So both Cousins and Rondo are going to the Lakers...yeah, this is going to end well.

Don’t like it but they have a squad now if they stay healthy. A veteran team with solid thumpers.

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

They both Kentucky boys, they probably are already cool. He already played with rondo and AD too. That's actually a pretty good move. With him and LeBron on the same team you have two of the smartest guys in the league on one team

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

So is boogie gonna actually be boogie come next season? I think there's too many chefs in the kitchen personally.

Theoretically this is the year where he gets back, last year it was expected that he wouldn't be 100%

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They both Kentucky boys, they probably are already cool. He already played with rondo and AD too. That's actually a pretty good move. With him and LeBron on the same team you have two of the smartest guys in the league on one team

It seems like it could be a real good and a real bad move. Both guys seem to have been polarizing teammates in the past. It seems like Rondo has had a hard time sticking with any team and even though he's good, Cousins has moved around a lot too.

18 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

It seems like it could be a real good and a real bad move. Both guys seem to have been polarizing teammates in the past. It seems like Rondo has had a hard time sticking with any team and even though he's good, Cousins has moved around a lot too.

Rondo the teammate does not worry me. He is fine when there is another adult in the room (Bron). He is just a absolute horrific basketball fit for the modern NBA and especially playing next to Bron. I am pissed they brought him back. I rather of had Trey Burke on the minimum than rondo. Him and Bron just cannot play together. 

• Like 2

• Like 1