NBA Thread

aujeff11

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lol this is wild. Just landed from an international flight only to find the entire NBA world got flipped upside down

I love this for the league. Super teams are fun but the playoffs are going to be incredible. There are quite a few teams with viable shots at winning the title this year I love it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

For personal kicks I need Brooklyn to trade Kyrie to OKC and force KD and Russ back together. Yes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@abw0004 When Pearl goes to the NBA, you think we can land Donovan? 

OKC championship dreams:

giphy.gif

The NBA offseason is a roller coaster. Im just not crazy about 80% of the teams being feeder teams for the “desirable” locations. We’ll be hearing Zion relocation rumors before the end of his 1st season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CR said:

The NBA offseason is a roller coaster. Im just not crazy about 80% of the teams being feeder teams for the “desirable” locations. We’ll be hearing Zion relocation rumors before the end of his 1st season.

I agree. It’s always Boston, Lakers, and Philly that are in it for all of the big name stars.  For me it’s no the location, it’s the locations are stockpiling the star talent. What Denver did last year was phenomenal considering they didnt have any bonafide stars going into it, but nobody expected them to do well against the stacked lineups in the playoffs. 

If Dallas, Toronto, OKC, Houston, Spurs etc are retaining their stars then we have good playoff basketball.

It’s important to note that the Clippers and at one time, GS weren’t always preferred teams.  There is little more parity these days. 

Hard cap/ no max contracts would do well to increase the parity of the league.

• Like 1

is there any legitimate chance that Russ can be moved to a decent team now? It be such a pity to see him completely waste the last years of his prime on a team that's clearly given up and trying to rebuild. Would imagine OKC would want to try and move him on too now that they have Shai to groom at the pg spot.

• Thanks 1

Are the talking heads promoting the Lakers as a title contender simply because of Bron and Davis? Most of that roster is meh. 

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

Are the talking heads promoting the Lakers as a title contender simply because of Bron and Davis? Most of that roster is meh. 

They’ll end up 4 or 5 seed.

39 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They’ll end up 4 or 5 seed.

That’s what I was thinking. SA Smith and Rovell are saying they can’t decide between the Lakers and Clippers for the finals. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CR said:

lol yah brooklyn always gets the name free agents! This summer was just a typical off season for them. And clippers always have been big time players on the FA MARKET! baha. I mean but seriously you have 2 franchise who never land marquee free agents and are in the shadow of teams with bigger brands land the 2 biggest free agents on the market this summer! That def shakes up the league. Add in brooklyn also getting kyrie probaly the third most highly sought after free agent on the market and the league that is the most exciting when it comes to player movement delivers another memorable off season. 

Edited by GwillMac6

I think by desirable locations, the poster meant popular big market cities. Brooklyn is still NYC, and the Clippers are still LA. Yeah, the Lakers and Knicks lost for Kawhi, Kyrie, and Durant, but all those guys are still living in the cities they wanted to

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I think by desirable locations, the poster meant popular big market cities. Brooklyn is still NYC, and the Clippers are still LA. Yeah, the Lakers and Knicks lost for Kawhi, Kyrie, and Durant, but all those guys are still living in the cities they wanted to

Those teams have never got big marquee free agents. So it is def something new and different. And not only that clippers for the longest time until blake and cp3 were the laughingstock of the whole league and the cleveland browns of the NBA.

Edited by GwillMac6

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Those teams have never got big marquee free agents. So it is def something new and different. 

Gene summed it up better than I. These teams are new choices but the cities are the same. The Bucks dont get free agents like the Packers do. OKC celebrated resigning George and a year later hes forced his way out. Just dont see how fans can stay interested in those markets.

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Gene summed it up better than I. These teams are new choices but the cities are the same. The Bucks dont get free agents like the Packers do. OKC celebrated resigning George and a year later hes forced his way out. Just dont see how fans can stay interested in those markets.

What big time free agents have the packers ever gotten besides reggie white?! lol. They are notorious for building through the draft and signing their own players to big time contracts. Not the marquee free agents.  Well OKC has had a great run. They have had 2 league mvps in this run and another in Harden who went on to become a league mvp elsewhere. They should of though won at least a title somewhere along the line but they have been consistently good for a decade. That is a hell of a run in the NBA. Especially in that market. I mean there is going to be bad teams in the NBA just like the NFL.

Edited by GwillMac6