NBA Thread

aujeff11

17 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I think by desirable locations, the poster meant popular big market cities. Brooklyn is still NYC, and the Clippers are still LA. Yeah, the Lakers and Knicks lost for Kawhi, Kyrie, and Durant, but all those guys are still living in the cities they wanted to

The teams sometimes have to prove themselves as championship contenders with what they have first before star veterans hop on board. 

The Pels could have been sitting pretty if their management didn’t bunk having AD/ Boogie/ and Jrue together. Those three with a good front office on a Midwest team would’ve won the conference. I know Boogie got hurt but it’s not like the Pels were playing well beforehand. 

Just heartbroken right now, especially if we lose Westbrook who has been the definition of loyal to OKC.

Apparently OKC graded out pretty well on the trade although I don’t know much about the two players we got.  I trust Presti like no other, but I would have given it another year.  

• Sad 2

Just now, abw0004 said:

Just heartbroken right now, especially if we lose Westbrook who has been the definition of loyal to OKC.

Apparently OKC graded out pretty well on the trade although I don’t know much about the two players we got.  I trust Presti like no other, but I would have given it another year.  

You are the one who I am most sad for man. You and the OKC fans who have packed out that arena and sold it out for almost every game for years. In a football state. I am so sorry man.

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

You are the one who I am most sad for man. You and the OKC fans who have packed out that arena and sold it out for almost every game for years. In a football state. I am so sorry man.

It’s all good.  Nothing I can do.  It just sucks when you consider who we have had over the years, and all of those players leave us the last second with zero regard for the team.  I’m surprised about PG13, because he gave the Pacers more time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

It’s all good.  Nothing I can do.  It just sucks when you consider who we have had over the years, and all of those players leave us the last second with zero regard for the team.  I’m surprised about PG13, because he gave the Pacers more time.  

Thank goodness the Brodie is loyal. But yah you are right. I am shocked at how it went down too. PG chose to re sign with okc last year and not even have meetings with OKC BECAUSE of his relationship with Russ. How a year can change the narrative.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

What big time free agents have the packers ever gotten besides reggie white?! lol. They are notorious for building through the draft and signing their own players to big time contracts. Not the marquee free agents.  Well OKC has had a great run. They have had 2 league mvps in this run and another in Harden who went on to become a league mvp elsewhere. They should of though won at least a title somewhere along the line but they have been consistently good for a decade. That is a hell of a run in the NBA. Especially in that market. I mean there is going to be bad teams in the NBA just like the NFL.

The best NFL players rarely hit free agency so youll never see players like Lebron or Durant level hit the open market. Lebron, Davis, Leonard and George all will be playing in the same building which is great for LA but other teams not so much. The NBA should just go to about 15 teams players care about. I know you feel different but lots of franchises can only keep drafted players and once their contracts up theyre headed to the East or West coast. Why fight it if the best players only want to play in a few cities? If the Knicks didnt have a clown owner they would be in the mix as well.

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Are the talking heads promoting the Lakers as a title contender simply because of Bron and Davis? Most of that roster is meh. 

Danny Green was the top 3 and D guy left on the market. He is the starting 2 guard. IF they sign Marcus Morris (and he is a Klutch client and I think he has been waiting this long just in case Kawhi went elsewhere) It will allow Kuzma to be a instant offense guy off the bench. People forget he is only 24 and averaged 19 a game last year. Quinn Cooke is a huge upgrade at point guard from rondo in terms of fit surrounding Bron and AD. Shot 40% from three the past 2 seasons. I mean they have made the best out of what is left on the market so far from what I have seen. Yah they over paid for KCP and paid the klutch tax but every other contract is reasonable and the going rate for guys of their caliber. KCP coming off the bench behind Danny Green is much more effective than being the starting 2 guard. Much better than last year when they had a bunch of non shooters on the team. I think you are under selling them a little bit. Especially AD. People forget just how damn talented and good he is. I can see them being the 3rd seed in the west next season depending on how much they can stay healthy and how much Bron cares about the regular season. He has not cared or been all that invested in it lately and I do not see that changing with him about to turn 35. He rather preserve himself for the playoffs.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CR said:

The best NFL players rarely hit free agency so youll never see players like Lebron or Durant level hit the open market. Lebron, Davis, Leonard and George all will be playing in the same building which is great for LA but other teams not so much. The NBA should just go to about 15 teams players care about. I know you feel different but lots of franchises can only keep drafted players and once their contracts up theyre headed to the East or West coast. Why fight it if the best players only want to play in a few cities? If the Knicks didnt have a clown owner they would be in the mix as well.

NBA is just a different league. I appreciate the NFL for what it is but I also LOVE the NBA for what it is. They are 2 completely different leagues in how they market themselves and how business is done and that is what makes the NBA exciting to me is all the player movement. I would not want the leagues to mirror themselves and be almost identical.

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

is there any legitimate chance that Russ can be moved to a decent team now? It be such a pity to see him completely waste the last years of his prime on a team that's clearly given up and trying to rebuild. Would imagine OKC would want to try and move him on too now that they have Shai to groom at the pg spot.

Knicks lol

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

NBA is just a different league. I appreciate the NFL for what it is but I also LOVE the NBA for what it is. They are 2 completely different leagues in how they market themselves and how business is done and that is what makes the NBA exciting to me is all the player movement. I would not want the leagues to mirror themselves and be almost identical.

I dont either I sorta wish each could split the difference kn their player movement. There are things to like about each.

• Thanks 1

Just now, CR said:

I dont either I sorta wish each could split the difference kn their player movement. There are things to like about each.

Touche. Well said. I can see that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Thank you Kawhi for not signing with the Lakers.  Now maybe the NBA will be competitive again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Bunch of unprotected picks, shai is pretty good, I think......but yeah

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Danny Green was the top 3 and D guy left on the market. He is the starting 2 guard. IF they sign Marcus Morris (and he is a Klutch client and I think he has been waiting this long just in case Kawhi went elsewhere) It will allow Kuzma to be a instant offense guy off the bench. People forget he is only 24 and averaged 19 a game last year. Quinn Cooke is a huge upgrade at point guard from rondo in terms of fit surrounding Bron and AD. Shot 40% from three the past 2 seasons. I mean they have made the best out of what is left on the market so far from what I have seen. Yah they over paid for KCP and paid the klutch tax but every other contract is reasonable and the going rate for guys of their caliber. KCP coming off the bench behind Danny Green is much more effective than being the starting 2 guard. Much better than last year when they had a bunch of non shooters on the team. I think you are under selling them a little bit. Especially AD. People forget just how damn talented and good he is. I can see them being the 3rd seed in the west next season depending on how much they can stay healthy and how much Bron cares about the regular season. He has not cared or been all that invested in it lated and I do not see that changing with him about to turn 35. He rather preserve himself for the playoffs.

Lakers aren't close to being done. During the season they will make plenty of moves

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He said his name!

Can we add anything Skip Bayless related to the profanity filter? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Can we add anything Skip Bayless related to the profanity filter? 

I have to give him credit though, he kept saying watch out for the Clippers even when it looked dim

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I have to give him credit though, he kept saying watch out for the Clippers even when it looked dim

I gotta say I never listened to him long enough to hear his Kawhi takes once it was clear he wouldn't even respect the man enough to even say his name all because he left his Spurs. 

Props to Skip though he will probably use his burner accts to give himself some love on Twitter again lolol

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I gotta say I never listened to him long enough to hear his Kawhi takes once it was clear he wouldn't even respect the man enough to even say his name all because he left his Spurs. 

Props to Skip though he will probably use his burner accts to give himself some love on Twitter again lolol

I decided I'll give him a few chances because he hates Saban and always against him lol

• Like 1