NBA Thread

aujeff11

50 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Speak the truth Charles!! Balance was restored to the NBA for a few days and now Kawhi will ruin it all over again. 

lol he has no right to talk. He tried to do that with hakeem and clyde. He completely always dismisses that and acts like that never happened. There has always been super teams. Lakers and Celtics in the 80's were absolutely super teams and played with at upwards of 4 hall of famers on the court at 1 time. People just get upset at the "how" these super teams come together. AND DO NOT WORRY! Kawhi is completely built different. He is not going to go to LA UNLESS it is the clippers. Dude is the most different superstar personality wise we have ever had.

Edited by GwillMac6

Edited by GwillMac6

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

There has always been super teams. Lakers and Celtics in the 80's were absolutely super teams and played with at upwards of 4 hall of famers on the court at 1 time. People just get upset at the "how”

Most of those super teams were built mainly through the draft so, yeah, I guess it is the “how” today’s super teams are assembled. There was a little movement through trades and such but stars weren’t teaming up with their buddies to run roughshod over the league. I could never envision Bird, Magic, Erving,...etc all joining the same team to win a ring. They hated each other on the court and sometimes off just because of rivalry. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Most of those super teams were built mainly through the draft so, yeah, I guess it is the “how” today’s super teams are assembled. There was a little movement through trades and such but stars weren’t teaming up with their buddies to run roughshod over the league. I could never envision Bird, Magic, Erving,...etc all joining the same team to win a ring. They hated each other on the court and sometimes off just because of rivalry. 

That is what is so great about the NBA. It is always evolving and every era is different and great in its own way. If you are at a organization where you have been there ample time to build a title contender around you and they failed to do so then yah take matters in to your own hands and do something about it. That is what free agency is about. Some players do not have the luxury of going to a great team and front office who knows how to team build.

Edited by GwillMac6

On 6/28/2019 at 4:06 PM, GwillMac6 said:

D WILL!!!!! Man me and @Tiger argued about this all the time back in the day!!!! You were the CP3 guy and I was the Deron Williams fan! You crushed me in this argument! Another W for you! lmao. The decline came quickly and FAST for my guy D Will! haha.

hahaha man that was a hell of a PG rivalry. How fast did D-Will fall off the face of the earth though?? After he sent Jerry Sloan into retirement he had a pretty drastic slide it felt like and CP3 became a top PG, if not the top, for a time. It's funny because I've come to dislike CP3 now... yeah, yeah I know after defending him so hard during this DWill debate for years.... But it's mainly for nut punching/attitude rather than his game. You know I defend NC hoopers to the death of me but CP3 is indefensible at this point!! LOL

On 6/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, cole256 said:

This is how I feel about this board sometimes.....I remember when I first came here shy, looking for some friends.....and now I'm like LeBron they hate me because I was born like this and been a celebrity since 10th grade.....I have a couple more years and then I'm going to let @Tiger carry the torch.....he's the closest thing to me with the basketball IQ

LOL I appreciate the love man but I dunno if I can handle the responsibility! Let us know when it's official so we can give you a DWade-esque farewell tour. I'm fully expecting jersey swaps and everything! 

On 6/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, cole256 said:

People have forgotten about Michael Porter Jr.  He was the best player out of his draft class, just wait

Adding him and Bol Bol to an already awesome roster is going to be suuuper fun to watch man. Jokic, one of my favorite players to watch, is going to be setting these dudes up sooo nicely. I'm going to be getting my money's worth with my League Pass subscription next season for sure.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is what is so great about the NBA. It is always evolving and every era is different and great in its own way. If you are at a organization where you have been there ample time to build a title contender around you and they failed to do so then yah take matters in to your own hands and do something about it. That is what free agency is about. Some players do not have the luxury of going to a great team and front office who knows how to team build.

I guess that’s why it’s difficult/beautiful to have a team you like more than players. It was cool that Kyrie and Al came to Boston and it felt great that the Cs had a legitimate shot at another banner but I’m also okay that they’re gone. Boston will get one with the Js. Also, wouldn’t it have been awesome for Cleveland if Bron, Kyrie, Wiggins,...etc would’ve stayed and won multiple rings and all retired as legends there. That was great about the Bird/Magic relationship. Each retired from there drafted team as a legend. 

3 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I guess that’s why it’s difficult/beautiful to have a team you like more than players. It was cool that Kyrie and Al came to Boston and it felt great that the Cs had a legitimate shot at another banner but I’m also okay that they’re gone. Boston will get one with the Js. Also, wouldn’t it have been awesome for Cleveland if Bron, Kyrie, Wiggins,...etc would’ve stayed and won multiple rings and all retired as legends there. That was great about the Bird/Magic relationship. Each retired from there drafted team as a legend. 

hahahha and that is where me and you will always have philosophical differences when it comes to pro sports. I am a players only guy and your all about the TEAM!!! I love it. If we just agreed and were just alike these conversations would not be as fun!...... ALSO EWWWWWWW on Wiggins. I am not even sure that kid loves the game! lmao. He has one of the worst contracts in the NBA! And the Wolves continue to go nowhere as a franchise.

Serviceable I suppose. 

11 already in use again😏

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

11 already in use again😏

You mean the Celtics aren't retiring Kryie's number?

• Haha 2

Warrior vs kings on NBA TV. Saw Bryce and Malik in warmups but not game action yet.  Probably be 2nd half players.  Gosh I am bitter seeing Kyle Guy being on the same team as Bryce lol. 

Well crap.  That was a waste of 2 hours.  Neither Auburn player played.  Game was too close, so I guess they wanted to see how the draft picks respond. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Serviceable I suppose. 

You will really like Kanter.  He was adored by OKC fans with his will to win and undying support for his teammates.  Played with a messed up shoulder in the playoffs and was a big reason we lost to Portland.  I honestly wish we still had him.

• Like 2