NBA Thread

aujeff11

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

@abw0004 😂

I swear I have never seen so many shots rim out for us.  It was like there was a ghost sitting underneath the rim punching the basketball up out of the rim once it went in.  It was ridiculous.

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

@auburnphan as a bucks fan, how do you view divencenzo’s future with the bucks? I was happy the bucks drafted him Bc I liked him about as well as anybody in the draft

From what I saw this year he struggled adjusting to the NBA game and the Bucks offense.  Gonna be a make or break year for him next year.  He mainly needed to get more chemistry with the guys I think.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

From what I saw this year he struggled adjusting to the NBA game and the Bucks offense.  Gonna be a make or break year for him next year.  He mainly needed to get more chemistry with the guys I think.

Bucks fans are the worst. 

There is no way Greak Freek (yes I said this) can be the best player in the world when he’s not even better than KD yet. He’s GOT to be better from 3. 

Ranking is still:

Lebron

KD

Harden

Giannis

Steph

Westbrook

Edited by aujeff11

My night through Michael Scott:

After Dame hit the game winning three:

tenor (1).gif

Five minutes later remembering that it is 1:30 AM, I need to get up in 3.5 hours for work, and we still lost:

giphy.gif

Trying to sleep when all I can think about is us losing:

dead.gif

Waking up at 5:00 AM, tired, and just remembered why I am tired in the first place:

ydZZqss.gif

Currently at work trying to move on:

tumblr_n65ruduJ9V1t01o0vo1_400.gif

Edited by abw0004
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

In all seriousness, it hurts that we are out of the playoffs with so much promise during the regular season sweeping most of the West Playoff contenders, or winning the series.  It also sucks that PG13 got injured at the worst time the past two seasons.  But I have to hand it to Portland.  The were very professional and carried out their business.  Lillard is one stud and honestly should be in the conversation for MVP.  He hit shots better than anyone in the league.  Yes, even better than Harden who flops for half of his points.  They all seem like great people and I wish them nothing but the best moving forward.  Denver/San Antonio, watch out.

Already excited for next season with Westbrook getting healthy from his preseason injury, PG13 getting healthy from his post-AllStar injury, and Roberson coming back from his injury last season.  ThunderUp!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

In all seriousness, it hurts that we are out of the playoffs with so much promise during the regular season sweeping most of the West Playoff contenders, or winning the series.  It also sucks that PG13 got injured at the worst time the past two seasons.  But I have to hand it to Portland.  The were very professional and carried out their business.  Lillard is one stud and honestly should be in the conversation for MVP.  He hit shots better than anyone in the league.  Yes, even better than Harden who flops for half of his points.  They all seem like great people and I wish them nothing but the best moving forward.  Denver/San Antonio, watch out.

Already excited for next season with Westbrook getting healthy from his preseason injury, PG13 getting healthy from his post-AllStar injury, and Roberson coming back from his injury last season.  ThunderUp!

My condolences. But you know they have to make massive changes to this team. What do you think happens? Some fans want Westbrook traded but you can't with his contract. Russ's shooting is on the decline when it should be on an incline and I don't think it's because of an injury. Presti's plan has backfired with getting these big, rangy guys that can't shoot consistently. I'ved said it once and i'll say it again, you can't be win a championship with a player like Russ.

7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

My condolences. But you know they have to make massive changes to this team. What do you think happens? Some fans want Westbrook traded but you can't with his contract. Russ's shooting is on the decline when it should be on an incline and I don't think it's because of an injury. Presti's plan has backfired with getting these big, rangy guys that can't shoot consistently. I'ved said it once and i'll say it again, you can't be win a championship with a player like Russ.

I think that is just fans blowing steam.  You see it on this forum too, jumping to conclusions so fast.  I do genuinely believe Russ' shot was way off track because of the injury.  He didn't have time to properly warm up so he shot odd.  It's hard to explain, but once you are in a funk it is hard to come out of it until you have a hard reset.  This was the only year Russ was off.  Last year Russ was the one who had to carry the team as much as he could in the playoffs, PG and Melo weren't very good.  I do think he becomes predictable and you can tell when he is about to drive hard, and Lillard knew it which is how he got the charges calls.  We just need more shooters, which is why I wanted Kanter back.

My guess is Presti takes a page out of Portland's book and stays patient.  Their key to success is similar to Auburn where we thrive off of turnovers and quick points.  With Roberson coming back, that pushes Ferguson as a very capable backup.  Then our defense is stacked.  I hope we convince Noel to return, and Morris doesn't matter to me if he stays or goes.  Russ won't be let go just due to his loyalty and the actual fans are ride or die with him like me.  We remember he could have jumped ship, but he stayed and I appreciate that.  That is what made PG stay, Russ' loyalty.  One thing I have learned though, never sleep on Presti.  He is a wizard at moving players and finding draft steals.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think that is just fans blowing steam.  You see it on this forum too, jumping to conclusions so fast.  I do genuinely believe Russ' shot was way off track because of the injury.  He didn't have time to properly warm up so he shot odd.  It's hard to explain, but once you are in a funk it is hard to come out of it until you have a hard reset.  This was the only year Russ was off.  Last year Russ was the one who had to carry the team as much as he could in the playoffs, PG and Melo weren't very good.  I do think he becomes predictable and you can tell when he is about to drive hard, and Lillard knew it which is how he got the charges calls.  We just need more shooters, which is why I wanted Kanter back.

My guess is Presti takes a page out of Portland's book and stays patient.  Their key to success is similar to Auburn where we thrive off of turnovers and quick points.  With Roberson coming back, that pushes Ferguson as a very capable backup.  Then our defense is stacked.  I hope we convince Noel to return, and Morris doesn't matter to me if he stays or goes.  Russ won't be let go just due to his loyalty and the actual fans are ride or die with him like me.  We remember he could have jumped ship, but he stayed and I appreciate that.  That is what made PG stay, Russ' loyalty.  One thing I have learned though, never sleep on Presti.  He is a wizard at moving players and finding draft steals.

There's no loyalty from teams in this league. Russ's way can only get them so far. Even before this "injury" he's been declining. He doesn't have that automatic elbow jumper like he had years before. Russ is not changing. This team won't achieve the goals it wants until they address Russ no matter who they bring in.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

There's no loyalty from teams in this league. Russ's way can only get them so far. Even before this "injury" he's been declining. He doesn't have that automatic elbow jumper like he had years before. Russ is not changing. This team won't achieve the goals it wants until they address Russ no matter who they bring in.

I think part of that was he had an automatic next to him (Durant), taking a lot of pressure off of him.  PG is good, but streaky. When PG is on, so is Westbrook.  When PG is off, all of the pressure is on Westbrook and I think he puts too much pressure on himself.  That much stress would drive his percentage down.

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I don’t necessarily agree with that.  It is just two different styles.  For example, I actually relate to Lillard’s temperament and you see it on this forum in how I act.  Many are like Westbrook on here.  One isn’t better than the other, just different.  Westbrook likes the motivation and it makes him never give up.  

Edited by abw0004

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think part of that was he had an automatic next to him (Durant), taking a lot of pressure off of him.  PG is good, but streaky. When PG is on, so is Westbrook.  When PG is off, all of the pressure is on Westbrook and I think he puts too much pressure on himself.  That much stress would drive his percentage down.

I don’t necessarily agree with that.  It is just two different styles.  For example, I actually relate to Lillard’s temperament and you see it on this forum in how I act.  Many are like Westbrook on here.  One isn’t better than the other, just different.  Westbrook likes the motivation and it makes him never give up.  

You are not giving yourself enough credit. Your demeanor reminds me of Demar Derozen. You are even keel, chill, calm, composed and laid back 94% of the time. BUT like Demar has shown a couple of times in the playoffs he has that mean streak where he unleashes all that pint up rage he has pushed down inside and it gets him ejected from a couple of playoff games! lol. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You are not giving yourself enough credit. Your demeanor reminds me of Demar Derozen. You are even keel, chill, calm, composed and laid back 94% of the time. BUT like Demar has shown a couple of times in the playoffs he has that mean streak where he unleashes all that pint up rage he has pushed down inside and it gets him ejected from a couple of playoff games! lol. 

As long I’m not Kawhi and his creepy laugh I’m golden.  :party:Get me in front of an Auburn, Carolina Panthers, or OKC Thunder hype video I am off the walls.  I literally tear up watching the Auburn football hype videos before kickoff they affect me that much.  

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

It's a joke about proof for your statement!!  😁

Link?

• Haha 1

• Thanks 1