NBA Thread

aujeff11

I still get the sense that Houston takes this series. They have the numbers. As long as they avoid injury, they’re the better team. Last year KD was nearly booed against Houston for being a ball hog, and not getting Steph and Klay involved. Roles are reversed. KD is carrying the team right now. He’s their only threat that won’t disappear for long stretches. 2019 playoffs has proved what I’ve said repeatedly that KD has been carrying  the team. And he’s probably the best player in the NBA. 

There is no more magic with Steph. Pour one out for him. **With that said, watch Steph explode next game.*** I don’t even know what’s going on with Thompson. His D is critical, but he can’t shoot (not make) his second 3 point attempt in the fourth quarter. The whole selling point of KD coming over was to get the pressure off of him and allow him some quality 1 on 1 possessions. KD being a front runner is when GS is the best.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I still get the sense that Houston takes this series. They have the numbers. As long as they avoid injury, they’re the better team. Last year KD was nearly booed against Houston for being a ball hog, and not getting Steph and Klay involved. Roles are reversed. KD is carrying the team right now. He’s their only threat that won’t disappear for long stretches. 2019 playoffs has proved what I’ve said repeatedly that KD has been carrying  the team. And he’s probably the best player in the NBA. 

There is no more magic with Steph. Pour one out for him. **With that said, watch Steph explode next game.*** I don’t even know what’s going on with Thompson. His D is critical, but he can’t shoot (not make) his second 3 point attempt in the fourth quarter. The whole selling point of KD coming over was to get the pressure off of him and allow him some quality 1 on 1 possessions. KD being a front runner is when GS is the best.

Yeah you know what's up. Curry could go for 30 next game or Klay could have one of those game 6 Thunder 2016 performances again. I ain't falling for it.

Denver v Portland has been one hella series.

Jamaal Murray from Kentucky is really having a coming out party this season. 

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Ben Simmons, Jimmie Butler (supposedly another good two way player,) Tobias, and others should be embarrassed.

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Ben Simmons, Jimmie Butler (supposedly another good two way player,) Tobias, and others should be embarrassed.

Series has been a doozy. After the first game folks thought the Sixers would get swept then it looked liked it was over for Toronto and now...Who knows?

Welp what a shame. From the first game until now. GG Celtics. Put a fork in em.

So after game 2 Green says that Harden fouls others when shooting threes so he wasn’t going to answer to Harden’s no call that Houston was crying about. Just now Green gets hits by Harden while trying to defend the 3 and subsequently flops. You could see the contact that Harden makes but still, Green went down and it was a flop to make his point. 

Harden is schooling Thompson, Iggy, Green, Livingston, Looney, whoever that guards him at will. If you don’t respect the game, you are a hater. 

• Like 1

Paul George has rotator cuff surgery and Westbrook has surgery for torn ligament in his finger and also another minor knee procedure.

All Portland will have to cherish from this playoff run is that shot. Shame..

19 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Paul George has rotator cuff surgery and Westbrook has surgery for torn ligament in his finger and also another minor knee procedure.

Told you!  Wait until our team is fully health again with Roberson coming back (finally).

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Told you!  Wait until our team is fully health again with Roberson coming back (finally).

For Russ's case I still don't see much changing.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude OKC is just not a modern NBA basketball team. Not enough 3 point shooters. This team would of been a lot more effective and won titles in the early 2000's and 90's. Roberson coming back is not going to help with the shooting and spacing either. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude OKC is just not a modern NBA basketball team. Not enough 3 point shooters. This team would of been a lot more effective and won titles in the early 2000's and 90's. Roberson coming back is not going to help with the shooting and spacing either. 

We shall see my friend!  I still have faith.  Maybe not after next season, but as of right now I do.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well they went and drafted and signed athletic freaks and not shooters.

Now THAT is how you respond after game 1. Giannis ain't done yet.