Has shula beaten a ranked team?

vatz22au

Guest Tigrinum Major

I believe the answer is yes. Southern Miss last year was ranked 22 or 23 when the Tide beat them.

As much as I hate to admit it, Shula has acheived something. Not a great something, but something.

i'm not sure that he has... i don't think southern miss was ranked when they played them because I seem to remember everyone on here talking about him not beating a ranked team, but I could be dreaming that up. Stat, you know this one?

USM was ranked, we ended their winning streak. Their season went downhill from there (though they played Cal quite well).

Maybe not, w/ the exception of Southern Miss. but that's not taking into account for all those MORAL victories UAT has won under Shiela.

:roflol:

USM was ranked, we ended their winning streak. Their season went downhill from there (though they played Cal quite well).

149302[/snapback]

This guy got it right. I believe Southern Miss was #24 when Bama beat them. Their season did go downhill from that point on (despite a somewhat impressive performance against a lack-luster Cal), but I don't think I'd go so far to say that it was BECAUSE of Bama.

But he hasn't beaten Auburn or Tennessee so nothing else really matters.

149315[/snapback]

What about making it to a bowl game and actually winning it? I'm pretty sure Bama's AD would like to see this at some point. I know that I would rather have a 9-2 season with a bowl win and a loss to Bama than a 4-7 season with a win over Bama...that's just me though.

149302[/snapback]

This guy got it right. I believe Southern Miss was #24 when Bama beat them. Their season did go downhill from that point on (despite a somewhat impressive performance against a lack-luster Cal), but I don't think I'd go so far to say that it was BECAUSE of Bama.

149306[/snapback]

That's why I didn't say because. I think that was around the time they started being plaqued by QB injuries.

Does it count if Bama is ranked and loses because of Shula's bone-head calls, i.e., if he beats himself?  :big:   :poke:

149406[/snapback]

"Well.....we let darby run up the middle twice to score, and he had nowhere to go....what are we gonna do for the 3rd play? Hmmm......I GOT IT!!!! Lets run him up the middle again!! That'll surely throw them off guard!" Bama vs Auburn

Ya....he makes bonehead calls lol :blink:

If you use the same yardstick that the experts measure Auburn's opponents with, Shula has never beaten a ranked team.

Weren't were told ad nauseum last season that it doesnt count what theyre ranked when you play them its where they end up the season.

Archived