what are the keys to beating Georgia?

aubiefifty

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. First and foremost take the headsets away from Gus, or at least mute them to where he can listen, but not talk.

2. Must work that intermediate pass game that we showed flashes of in the aTm game. Throw the ball to Harris and see if he can catch it ( Canella sure can't), and throw to the rb out of the backfield.

3. Put out an APB on NCM. He is missing from our offense.

4 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

1. First and foremost take the headsets away from Gus, or at least mute them to where he can listen, but not talk.

2. Must work that intermediate pass game that we showed flashes of in the aTm game. Throw the ball to Harris and see if he can catch it ( Canella sure can't), and throw to the rb out of the backfield.

3. Put out an APB on NCM. He is missing from our offense.

Nope.....saw him out there when the refs tossed a flag on him for holding....and lost a first down.  

But otherwise, he's not been much of a factor....for which I blame people in the following order....NCM,  Lindsey Stidham and finally Gus. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nope.....saw him out there when the refs tossed a flag on him for holding....and lost a first down.  

But otherwise, he's not been much of a factor....for which I blame people in the following order....NCM,  Lindsey Stidham and finally Gus. 

He's one of the biggest wastes of talent I've seen at AU in a while. Don't know exactly what the problem is. Maybe he is one of those players that's labeled as a world of potential, but just can't figure out how to utilize it. What a shame.

Notre Dame is a solid team this year. They were in position to beat UGA, but missed opportunities stopped them. The Defense for UGA LOOKS pretty good up front. So the O-line will have some work to do this week.  As long as we do not run up the middle 17 times in a row, it should be a close game(AU  24 UGA 21). Our secondary has to be on their toes. While Fromm us young, he's shown he can make some plays passing.

I like the match up for this one. thUGA will get smacked in the mouth a bit in this game and it will be interesting to see how they respond. The key is as simple as many have said so far: control their run game, pressure on passing downs and throw the ball. If we can do these things it will be a big day on the Plains. We CAN win this game! I believe it.

Here is the biggest key to victory - when the clock ticks to 0:00, if we have more points on the board than UGA does, we will win. No need to thank me. And yes, I will walk myself out. :hellyeah:

The East is the worst I've ever seen it. Tough to get a read on how good UGA really is. We have to get to their young QB very EARLY and rattle him. This is a MUST. We need to lay some serious shots to him and scare him. I still see UGA as trying to play like Alabama, but they don't have the o-line that Bama has. Im quietly thinking to myself that Stidham wins us this game.

We are going to have to beat the SEC,  the refs, and uga probably. SEC would love to have two teams in playoffs. They would love an bama vs uga match.  But if we beat uga, then bama, and uga again we are in. I can see bama staying in playoff with one loss.  But big money is in a unplayed and undefeated uga vs bama in sec championship. If we blow out uga then the rematched may not be as desired. 

20 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

The East is the worst I've ever seen it. Tough to get a read on how good UGA really is. We have to get to their young QB very EARLY and rattle him. This is a MUST. We need to lay some serious shots to him and scare him. I still see UGA as trying to play like Alabama, but they don't have the o-line that Bama has. Im quietly thinking to myself that Stidham wins us this game.

The only objective information new have on how good UGA is in relation to Auburn is how each teams fared against a common opponent - Ms. St. Both teams beat State pretty handily so I am thinking we are evenly matched in spite of Auburn's two losses. 

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Stop their run and win the turnover battle.

This is the true answer. 

We must force Fromm to throw the ball. If we get beat by them passing it then so be it, but that is the only chance we have to win the game. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Where is the position coach in your order of blame?  If you have potential, isn’t it Kodi Burn’s responsiblity to coach him up?  Didn’t Gus hire Kodi?  I agree with that NCM is the first to blame, but your order is a little skewed IMO.

47 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

The only objective information new have on how good UGA is in relation to Auburn is how each teams fared against a common opponent - Ms. St. Both teams beat State pretty handily so I am thinking we are evenly matched in spite of Auburn's two losses. 

Auburn kicked Mizzou's ass in dominating fashion 51-14.....UGA had "issues" with Mizzou but beat them 53-28.  

I agree... stop the run and put pressure on and hit Fromm the entire game...cannot let him have time. It will  be the best D he's seen all season and our secondary will need their best game.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Here is an interesting thread to read. Georgia fans seem to be more confident in Auburn beating UGA than Auburn fans are in Auburn beating UGA. :dunno:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/uga-sports/so-next-up-auburn-what-are-your-thoughts/73321089/

Man, a lot of them think they're gonna lose lol 

Making Fromm's jersey turn a greenish/brown will be a good start. And lets not give UGA any points when they don't have the ball.

Stidz was brought here to win games like this because our run will be taken away. This is big game #2 for him. Clemson was first game in 2 years so I'll give him a pass. LSU the coaches did not put him in a position to succeed. 

Stidz probably is going to need to throw for a balanced 300 for us to win this game. I mean getting 100-130 of those yards on just 2 passes probably won't be enough to cut it. I see our rushing stats being significantly below average this weekend so we will need to open up the pass. I think UGA will force Stidz to beat them and while I think we have the QB to do it I'm not sure if our coach will put him in a position to do so.

This game could be a post-2013 signature win for Gus. Knocking off the undefeated #1 team in the country would be a hell of an accomplishment. He has the roster to do it.

2 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

remember when we did that to clemson's QB and then we stopped attacking.     

Archived