Props to Bill Clinton

jaydubb121

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/03/06/...n.ap/index.html

I didn't think it was possible for me to ever have a good thought for this guy. The human side of Bill Clinton, hard to believe.

Edited post to provide a link for those "allergic" to CNN.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,149575,00.html

Come on jaydubb. You are starting to scare me! :D:angry:

Do you really view people on the other side of the aisle in such stark black/white, good/evil terms that this would really shock you? I mean, I've never cared for Bill Clinton the politician. And yes, he was a womanizer. But I didn't take that to mean he was just a completely reprehensible human being in every way. I'm not surprised that he'd defer to an elder in a situation like this. Clinton's not some heartless b*****d.

There are very few men alive that have the credientials even close to those of Bush. He may not have played the politics game very well, be he is the most qualified of ANY US president for many years.

So Clinton knows this. Good for him. At least he remembered some of his southern upbringing.

Do you really view people on the other side of the aisle in such stark black/white, good/evil terms that this would really shock you?  I mean, I've never cared for Bill Clinton the politician.  And yes, he was a womanizer.  But I didn't take that to mean he was just a completely reprehensible human being in every way.  I'm not surprised that he'd defer to an elder in a situation like this.  Clinton's not some heartless b*****d.

149768[/snapback]

I have always thought that Clinton was just a completely reprehensible human being in every way. I think even less of his wife but I don't see all Dems in that light.

I have always thought that Clinton was just a completely reprehensible human being in every way. I think even less of his wife but I don't see all Dems in that light.

149787[/snapback]

Wow. That's amazing. To me, the only people I would put in that category are people like Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein, Mao, pedophiles, serial killers, and the like.

Look, even as much as you all know I DESPISE Clinton, (and her husband, ha), even I have admitted that he is chock full of charm, charisma, even intelligence. He is courteous and has manners - obviously a good Southern boy, taught to respect his elders. He had to have been charming and stuff - how else did he get all those women to sleep with him? Still doesn't mean I have to like him, but I can admit that he does seem to show some manners in appropriate situations, like deferring to the elder statesman.

OF course, if you want to be cynical about it, you could imagine that he knew how bad it would look if anyone found out he DIDN'T give 41 the only bed on the plane.

Hillary is just a powerhungry, carpetbagging, two faced, androgenous, lying sack of all that is bad about politics. And that's my opinion on a day when I am feeling charitable. :puke:

Sometimes you have to be able to seperate the politics from the person. All politicians lie to some extent, just some more then others. We all know somebody that we don't agree with politically, but we also know them as a person, therefore we know that away from politics they are a good person. The problem is that too many take politics too far and judge a person because of the political views. That is why, in a debate, you debate the politics, not the person.

Clinton is a southern boy and was probably raised right. Politics has nothing to do with manners. Clinton was just like probably 75% of politicians, he lied and he womanized. However, he still knows how to be polite and retains the manners his folks taught him.

Archived