Question about RB and CW's draft status

BamaGrad03

Since you guys are probably following the draft pretty heavily, you probably could answer this better than anyone.

Any chance both these guys go top 5? I know a lot of the draft has to do with what the teams picking NEED as much as how good the avail players are.

So I guess my question is, out of the top 5 teams, how many are expected to take RBs? And did RB/CW's stock rise enough at the combine to pass Ced Benson?

What are the most likely teams to select RB and CW respectively?

Since you guys are probably following the draft pretty heavily, you probably could answer this better than anyone.

Any chance both these guys go top 5? I know a lot of the draft has to do with what the teams picking NEED as much as how good the avail players are.

So I guess my question is, out of the top 5 teams, how many are expected to take RBs? And did RB/CW's stock rise enough at the combine to pass Ced Benson?

What are the most likely teams to select RB and CW respectively?

150056[/snapback]

Of course there will be much jockeying for position and trading up and down before draft day, but the word on the street is:

Brown - Dolphins

Williams - Bucs

Both top 5.

It looks like a real possibility. If the rumors hold up (Ronnie to Miami, Caddy to Tampa), then that's the only realistic scenario where it happens. I don't think either make it out of the top ten though.

Mock Draft 5.0

Ronnie up to the second overall pick going to Miami...Carnell up to 5th overall going to Tampa...Benson at 8th to Arizona. :thumbsup:

Hey BS, if Ronnie ends up signing with the Dolphins, we need to schedule a road trip next season to Miami to catch a game. B)

Mock Draft 5.0

Ronnie up to the second overall pick going to Miami...Carnell up to 5th overall going to Tampa...Benson  at 8th to Arizona.  :thumbsup:

Hey BS, if Ronnie ends up signing with the Dolphins, we need to schedule a road trip next season to Miami to catch a game.  B)

150079[/snapback]

Eh, id rather catch em AT New York Jets or AT Cinci...both better towns, and closer drives :)

Ugh... Ronnie playing for Saban?  :puke:

150080[/snapback]

If anyone of the NFL coaches has seen plenty of game film on RB, it would be Saban. Me thinks he likes what he saw.

Let there be no doubt. These ARE the two BEST rbs in America! ! ! ! :au:

Mock Draft 5.0

Ronnie up to the second overall pick going to Miami...Carnell up to 5th overall going to Tampa...Benson  at 8th to Arizona.  :thumbsup:

Hey BS, if Ronnie ends up signing with the Dolphins, we need to schedule a road trip next season to Miami to catch a game.  B)

150079[/snapback]

Eh, id rather catch em AT New York Jets or AT Cinci...both better towns, and closer drives :)

150082[/snapback]

Well, we fly for tax so I guess I should've worded that differently. :D

Good article on topic:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...49749292720.xml

NFL DRAFT AUBURN RUNNING BACKS SHINE AT COMBINE

Rising stars

Todd France and Ben Dogra are the agents for former Auburn running backs Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams, who saw their stock rise so much at the combine that they and their school stand to make draft history.

Brown and Williams are being projected as top-five picks by some scouting experts, top-eight picks by others, in next month's NFL draft. Such early selections would give the school the highest drafted running back duo in NFL history.

..rest of link has various pro scouts' individual analyses.

I personally don't see it as a big deal if they don't go top five, as long as it's first round (a given) and first and second in their category (they are both better than Benson, no doubt). If I were a player, I would rather be chosen later in first round, to get on a halfway decent team! :P The early teams SUCK!

Before someone assumes I am thinking like a chick who knows nothing abt football, I KNOW the sucky teams get to pick first on purpose, but who in their right mind wants to go to a sucky team - even if they are the final piece of the puzzle that the coach needs, the rebuilding will still take a while. And the best players are used to WINNING, not sucking. I'd rather go last and be a Patriot than go second and be a Dolphin!

I personally don't see it as a big deal if they don't go top five, as long as it's first round (a given) and first and second in their category (they are both better than Benson, no doubt).  If I were a player, I would rather be chosen later in first round, to get on a halfway decent team!   :P    The early teams SUCK!

Before someone assumes I am thinking like a chick who knows nothing abt football, I KNOW the sucky teams get to pick first on purpose, but who in their right mind wants to go to a sucky team - even if they are the final piece of the puzzle that the coach needs, the rebuilding will still take a while.  And the best players are used to WINNING, not sucking.  I'd rather go last and be a Patriot than go second and be a Dolphin!

150220[/snapback]

Early picks = $$$$$$$$$$

I'm sure a $20-30M signing bonus will take the sting out of losing.

I've heard a couple of folks say on the radio that RB might actually go to the 49er's as the #1 overall pick. The same report says that the Dolphins picking RB (if still available) hinges on whether or not they can get Shaun Alexander from the Seahawks in a trade.

I look for RB and CW to make a big splash where ever they wind up. Both are very good backs.

Shuan's a good guy and a fine running back but geeze, what he did last season was just soooo petty. Saying that his team stabbed him the back because he didn't get the rushing title because of a yard. I'd be disappointed too if I missed it by a yard but man...don't blame that crap on your team. Reeks of the "Iverson attitude"...ughh.

I personally don't see it as a big deal if they don't go top five, as long as it's first round (a given) and first and second in their category (they are both better than Benson, no doubt).  If I were a player, I would rather be chosen later in first round, to get on a halfway decent team!   :P    The early teams SUCK!

Before someone assumes I am thinking like a chick who knows nothing abt football, I KNOW the sucky teams get to pick first on purpose, but who in their right mind wants to go to a sucky team - even if they are the final piece of the puzzle that the coach needs, the rebuilding will still take a while.  And the best players are used to WINNING, not sucking.  I'd rather go last and be a Patriot than go second and be a Dolphin!

150220[/snapback]

This is actually why I'm excited about where Carlos Rogers might end up. People are saying late 1st round, so he might actually be playing for a contender.

I've heard a couple of folks say on the radio that RB might actually go to the 49er's as the #1 overall pick. 

150230[/snapback]

That would be great, two Auburn Alums, Beasley blocking for Ronnie Brown. I always liked Beasley. With SF needing both a RB and a QB, maybe they take a RB, and try to get Leinert next year?

This is actually why I'm excited about where Carlos Rogers might end up. People are saying late 1st round, so he might actually be playing for a contender.

150319[/snapback]

Prediction is Kansas City...mmmm, not so much... :no:B)

I know that early first rounders get more bonus money or whatever, but the really awesome players on really awesome teams get SUPER BOWL RINGS!!!!!!! And once you are making a salary in the multiple million dollar range, what's another million or so in signing bonus? Hmm, let's see... $15 mil a year and a Super Bowl Ring, or $20 mil a year to play in Arizona... :blink:

I'd rather go last and be a Patriot than go second and be a Dolphin!

150220[/snapback]

I see what you're saying and all but cold @ss New England in one hand and sunny Miami in the other...wouldn't be a hard choice for me. I'm taking the nicer weather and more money in Miami...easy. :thumbsup:

Plus, I hate the Patriots. :big:

I'd rather go last and be a Patriot than go second and be a Dolphin!

150220[/snapback]

I see what you're saying and all but cold @ss New England in one hand and sunny Miami in the other...wouldn't be a hard choice for me. I'm taking the nicer weather and more money in Miami...easy. :thumbsup:

Plus, I hate the Patriots. :big:

150334[/snapback]

Enough money in the bank and you commute to New England FROM Miami. :lol:

Hate 'em all you want - that Brady boy gots them rings.

150319[/snapback]

Prediction is Kansas City...mmmm, not so much... :no:B)

150323[/snapback]

Maybe it will be different this year, but in years past, Auburn players have had a way of slipping further than they should have in the draft. If you notice on the "Mock Draft 5.0" they have a high/low for every player. It says the highest Carlos could go would be 15th, lowest 2nd round. I hope he doesn't end up in KC, but I also hope he doesn't slip to the 2nd round. I doubt he will though.

Shuan's a good guy and a fine running back but geeze, what he did last season was just soooo petty.  Saying that his team stabbed him the back because he didn't get the rushing title because of a yard.  I'd be disappointed too if I missed it by a yard but man...don't blame that crap on your team.  Reeks of the "Iverson attitude"...ughh.

150245[/snapback]

When your coach gets the other guys stats faxed down every 5 mins...and knows you only need a yard or two... and DOESNT put you in because your contract states you get an extra million for winning the rushing title...and they assumed Shaun would be gone at the end of the year...i think id be pissed too. He didnt blame it on his team, he blamed it on his coach. He also apologized the next day.

A guy who catches flack from fans and coaches because he does "too much community service...and should focus more on his game"...is hard to compare to iverson. Here's someone who has made back to back pro bowls...and his team is bitching about his community service taking away from his game. Even though he's not the reason they are losing...

Shuan's a good guy and a fine running back but geeze, what he did last season was just soooo petty.  Saying that his team stabbed him the back because he didn't get the rushing title because of a yard.  I'd be disappointed too if I missed it by a yard but man...don't blame that crap on your team.  Reeks of the "Iverson attitude"...ughh.

150245[/snapback]

When your coach gets the other guys stats faxed down every 5 mins...and knows you only need a yard or two... and DOESNT put you in because your contract states you get an extra million for winning the rushing title...and they assumed Shaun would be gone at the end of the year...i think id be pissed too. He didnt blame it on his team, he blamed it on his coach. He also apologized the next day.

A guy who catches flack from fans and coaches because he does "too much community service...and should focus more on his game"...is hard to compare to iverson. Here's someone who has made back to back pro bowls...and his team is bitching about his community service taking away from his game. Even though he's not the reason they are losing...

150455[/snapback]

Thanks BG for pointing that out for me. It amazes me the lack of appreciation Shaun receives from the Seahawkes' fans. :no:

Archived