Today's Conservatism

TexasTiger

"So it is now the federal government's role to micro-manage baseball and to prevent a single Florida woman who is trapped in a living hell from dying with dignity. We're getting to the point when conservatism has become a political philosophy that believes that government - at the most distant level - has the right to intervene in almost anything to achieve the right solution. Today's conservatism is becoming yesterday's liberalism."

http://andrewsullivan.com/index.php?dish_i...116425176589706

Come On. :poke: Did you see the hearings? This hearings brought the r's and D'S together.

The only reason their stepping in is because the MLB isn't responsible enough.

Come On.  :poke: Did you see the hearings? This hearings brought the r's and D'S  together.

The only reason their stepping in is because the MLB isn't responsible enough.

151632[/snapback]

First thing, you've used up your quota of these: :poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

for the entire year already. Cut back, or you'll exhaust your decade allotment by Labor Day. ;)

Yeah, Rs and Ds in Congress can collude to attract attention and avoid the heavy problems when it suits them.

If laws have been violated, that is what the Justice Dept. is for, not Congress. If Congress wants to get baseball's attention, cut their tax breaks and grant to have a monopoly.

",,,,, and to prevent a single Florida woman who is trapped in a living hell from dying with dignity."

I think there is much more to this case than being "trapped in a living hell" and "dying with dignity."

",,,,, and to prevent a single Florida woman who is trapped in a living hell from dying with dignity."

I think there is much more to this case than being "trapped in a living hell" and "dying with dignity."

151681[/snapback]

Okay, but do you think a Congressional subpoena to a woman in a vegetative state is appropriate?

You're right. It's also a convenient distraction for them to fiddle around with in public while they give away the treasury to their big donors in private.

Archived