Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They didn’t distribute outside of Nashville until last year. And even then, we weren’t getting this sort of stuff. Only until Covid happened, were we allowed access to their usually taproom only stuff. They’re probably my favorite brewery in state, followed closely by Bearded Iris. 

Where are you located? Perhaps there’s a brewery nearby with similar hype brews. 

I’m just down in Huntsville so even a run to Nashville is a reasonable trip.

17 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

And speaking of Bearded Iris, this is one of my favorites I’ve had from them recently. 

7GirRBT.jpg

Will keep an eye out for this one. We actually get several of theirs down here in Savannah.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’m just down in Huntsville so even a run to Nashville is a reasonable trip.

Oh yeah for sure, you’re an hour closer than I am. Make a day out of it, grab lunch, hit a beer store(Craft Brewed is my preference) and a couple breweries. Granted SGB and BIBCO both don’t have their taprooms open right now, but you can still purchase beer to go. Do be aware that SGB 4pks are expensive...in the $20 range. BIBCO is a bit cheaper, but not by much. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Will keep an eye out for this one. We actually get several of theirs down here in Savannah.

They have a pretty solid main lineup they’re putting out now for regular distribution. Chief of Chiefs is my favorite in their regular lineup. I can get those marked pretty much every week. 

FhX034d.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

14 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

They have a pretty solid main lineup they’re putting out now for regular distribution. Chief of Chiefs is my favorite in their regular lineup. I can get those marked pretty much every week. 

FhX034d.jpg

Word, thanks. If it's a one off then never mind but good to know on CoC. We regularly have the Homestyle and maybe Tunnel Vision was the other one I got my hands on? I haven't looked at their "section" at my local spot for awhile so I'll check back in. 

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Word, thanks. If it's a one off then never mind but good to know on CoC. We regularly have the Homestyle and maybe Tunnel Vision was the other one I got my hands on? I haven't looked at their "section" at my local spot for awhile so I'll check back in. 

That graph also says CoC is a one-off, but that’s untrue. And Black is Beautiful is also a one-off, but marked “core”. Queen Bee likely is a one-off though. This is an inventory spreadsheet sent from the distributor, so idk how hands on they are with these classifications...for example, Chief of Chiefs was sitting at 250 cases when I got their inventory list and Black is Beautiful was at 6. 

• Thanks 1

If y’all could shoot some prayers/vibes out into the ether. I’m still out here on fire detail and my hometown/state is getting pounded by Laura. Mrs Refuge and kids are safe ATM, but may be looking at long term power outage.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

If y’all could shoot some prayers/vibes out into the ether. I’m still out here on fire detail and my hometown/state is getting pounded by Laura. Mrs Refuge and kids are safe ATM, but may be looking at long term power outage.

Absolutely, brother. Meant to reach out. Glad you and yours are okay but I know you hate being away from them right now. Hoping this doesn't impact you guys too severely in other ways. 

Rough, rough day.

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Absolutely, brother. Meant to reach out. Glad you and yours are okay but I know you hate being away from them right now. Hoping this doesn't impact you guys too severely in other ways. 

Rough, rough day.

Thanks brother. Gonna be a bit bumpy for them for the next couple hours.

A2C74813-EEAB-4074-BE4D-5431F679AA36.png

11 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Thanks brother. Gonna be a bit bumpy for them for the next couple hours.

A2C74813-EEAB-4074-BE4D-5431F679AA36.png

Yeah, none of the available reaction emoticons are going to work for that. Please keep us updated.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, none of the available reaction emoticons are going to work for that. Please keep us updated.

I fumbled with my reaction emoticon to your post as well.👀

Will do man. 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

How are things looking on the home front? 

Ish show. 

No damage at the house. Family is in the ‘sip. We left Colorado Springs and are currently in Wichita,KS. Taking home 9 generators and 3 chainsaws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Ish show. 

No damage at the house. Family is in the ‘sip. We left Colorado Springs and are currently in Wichita,KS. Taking home 9 generators and 3 chainsaws.

Damn. Be safe. Update us as you can. Thinking about ya and your town brother.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Damn. Be safe. Update us as you can. Thinking about ya and your town brother.

Thanks brother!

It’s all good, for reals.

At this point, it’s a matter of clean up. The local water company got back online today, so folks should at least have running water. It’s going to be a process, for sure. 

• Like 1

Spent 12 hours over the last 2 days(9 today—off day) uploading pictures, descriptions, and other pertinent beer info on our website to get it ready for e-commerce. Brain is mush. Beer is good.

sYt6Hz5.jpg

Ufxeg9i.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa. Does this mean you guys can ship? 

I don’t believe so, I think that’s still illegal in Tennessee. I’m not entirely sure what all this is going to do for the store and sales and what not. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t believe so, I think that’s still illegal in Tennessee. I’m not entirely sure what all this is going to do for the store and sales and what not. 

Well, I could see where it could hurt retailers more than help, but I'd love to be able to browse my spot's entire collection, place an online order, and go pick it up.

• Like 1

So this YouTube series popped up in my feed. I wanted to give it a shot. First of all, it’s just an ad for DFH. But it’s got Sam Caglione as the host, so I guess it’s appropriate. I made it maybe two minutes in before he mispronounced Gose and I turned it of. It is not pronounced simply “goes”. It’s pronounced “goes-uh”. This is something I’ve been hammering into my staff for the past 4 years to the point where they deliberately mispronounce it to get under my skin. Sam lost any sort of cool points with me on that. 

So yes, if you mispronounce Gose in front of me, I will most certainly turn around and pronounce it properly in my very next sentence. 

I do the same thing with Hoegaarden. It’s “who-gar-den” it even says it on the damn packaging. It’s says it just like that right on the handle of the 6 pack. 

Yeah, I’m a snob.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So this YouTube series popped up in my feed. I wanted to give it a shot. First of all, it’s just an ad for DFH. But it’s got Sam Caglione as the host, so I guess it’s appropriate. I made it maybe two minutes in before he mispronounced Gose and I turned it of. It is not pronounced simply “goes”. It’s pronounced “goes-uh”. This is something I’ve been hammering into my staff for the past 4 years to the point where they deliberately mispronounce it to get under my skin. Sam lost any sort of cool points with me on that. 

So yes, if you mispronounce Gose in front of me, I will most certainly turn around and pronounce it properly in my very next sentence. 

I do the same thing with Hoegaarden. It’s “who-gar-den” it even says it on the damn packaging. It’s says it just like that right on the handle of the 6 pack. 

Yeah, I’m a snob.

*peeks around*
*whispers quietly*

I didn't know that about Hoegaarden. But yeah. Folks should know how to pronounce one of the most popular and ubiquitous beer styles in the country. Also, that Sea Quench is pretty dope IMO.

Going out on a boat tomorrow. Loaded up on IPAs and crushable sours.

• Like 2

• Members Online