Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

In Minneapolis for training this week. Expect to branch out a bit. 

First offering, Bent Paddle's DSDB...

...and holy hell are we off a banging start. 

FiSFA4x.jpg

Not a subtle beer at all. Front end is all oak, vanilla and coffee, obviously BBA. 11.2 ABV but you'd be hard pressed to know it it's so smooth.

Body is its only weakness IMO.

• Like 2

Waconia Cookies and Cream. Smells as advertised. 

sWgXKWH.jpg

Taste is, well, let's put it this way. If the dead-fish handshake could be exemplified by a beer, it's this one. There's a tinge of the sweetness indicated by the smell, but it's wimpy, bland and little fun to drink.

Edited by AUDub
  • Haha 1

On 11/19/2020 at 12:48 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Seek out some Surly Brewing stuff since it appears you’re striking out. 

Their packaging game for this one off is strong 

IEowIgY.jpg

• Love 1

On 11/20/2020 at 12:32 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Blackened catfish poboy, shoestring fries, and GITM for lunch. 

Not bad...not bad.

D349A6DF-E1DF-4B1B-A6F5-AFC5A285463D.jpeg

I would like that for lunch even without the po boy and fries

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2020 at 7:13 PM, AUDub said:

Taste is, well, let's put it this way. If the dead-fish handshake could be exemplified by a beer, it's this one. There's a tinge of the sweetness indicated by the smell, but it's wimpy, bland and little fun to drink.

Sometimes the best reviews are bad reviews. 

On 11/14/2020 at 8:21 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

DYXieYY.jpg

How is this one? I'm on the lookout for it. Ideal flavor combo and they are more than capable of pulling it off but could also be a sugar bomb.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How is this one? I'm on the lookout for it. Ideal flavor combo and they are more than capable of pulling it off but could also be a sugar bomb.

Espresso is better. Not at sweet as CBS. I didn’t get much maple at all. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Espresso is better. Not at sweet as CBS. I didn’t get much maple at all. 

This is exactly the kind of intel I come here for. Much ass grassy ass.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

*bandname

You know what else would be a good band name? 'Parish Reve'. Wouldn't that be a cool name? Maybe for a second line or NOLA jazz/funk outfit a la Dirty Dozen or Rebirth? It would also be a great name for a beer, I bet. WAIT. IT IS! I know you already know that, but I was just reminded of it when I saw that very beer on my local spot's shelf. 

"Boom, mother f***er."- William L. Muschamp

I very rarely get this excited about beer finds anymore. We're gonna chalk this one up in the dubya column. In your face, 2020!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You know what else would be a good band name? 'Parish Reve'. Wouldn't that be a cool name? Maybe for a second line or NOLA jazz/funk outfit a la Dirty Dozen or Rebirth? It would also be a great name for a beer, I bet. WAIT. IT IS! I know you already know that, but I was just reminded of it when I saw that very beer on my local spot's shelf. 

"Boom, mother f***er."- William L. Muschamp

I very rarely get this excited about beer finds anymore. We're gonna chalk this one up in the dubya column. In your face, 2020!

Our distributor up here is so f’in slow. We are literally two months behind any damn release that Parish does. We still don’t have Atticus Atlas that was released a month ago.

/rant

And you damn right on all things Revè!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Our distributor up here is so f’in slow. We are literally two months behind any damn release that Parish does. We still don’t have Atticus Atlas that was released a month ago.

/rant

And you damn right on all things Revè!

Um.

We have Atticus Atlas.

Want me...

Want me to send you some?

Gosh I feel like a jerk rn.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Um.

We have Atticus Atlas.

Want me...

Want me to send you some?

Gosh I feel like a jerk rn.

Ha! I appreciate the offer my man. We will have it soon. I just really don’t understand the whole distribution thing. I swear they do this ‘ish on purpose. I have ranted about it till I’m blue in the face and it hasn’t done any good(not that I really thought it would). It just sucks that we are literally 90 minutes away from Parish and it takes that damn long to get the beer. Just crazy. I don’t know how the stores deal with this crap.

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Ha! I appreciate the offer my man. We will have it soon. I just really don’t understand the whole distribution thing. I swear they do this ‘ish on purpose. I have ranted about it till I’m blue in the face and it hasn’t done any good(not that I really thought it would). It just sucks that we are literally 90 minutes away from Parish and it takes that damn long to get the beer. Just crazy. I don’t know how the stores deal with this crap.

I hear ya buddy. I've been pissed about that with other products, too.

That's one thing I've always appreciated about Scofflaw. They flooded every corner of GA with their products before they crossed state lines. They're playing the long game. 

• Love 1

22 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Depends on the distributor and when they place their orders and how long it takes the brewery to fill the order and ship. There’s probably a lot going on behind the scenes as far as business relationships. 

Thankfully Bearded Iris and SGB drops arrive about a week after their brewery releases. 

• Like 1

A loyal customer brought this in for me today. It’s fantastic, as expected from a Trillium/Equilibrium collab. Today is the busiest day of the year(so far), we were at $30k in sales when I left just after 4...so this hit the ******* spot when I got home. 

yqrNcYB.jpg

• Love 2

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Depends on the distributor and when they place their orders and how long it takes the brewery to fill the order and ship. There’s probably a lot going on behind the scenes as far as business relationships. 

Thankfully Bearded Iris and SGB drops arrive about a week after their brewery releases. 

I have warmed up to my beer store guy who used to work for the distributor. Every time I try to chat him up about it, he just shakes his head and says “That’s <insertdistronamehere> for ya”.

I mean, we are literally the last market to get Parish releases. Hell, really any local/instate releases to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

Damn!

On 11/23/2020 at 3:34 PM, McLoofus said:

That is damned sexy

Lived up to the packaging. My dad and I split it while watching the Tennessee game. Everything there as advertised,  and the feel was spot on for the style. 5/5. 

• Like 2